IGNORED

NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion

Meat

10 hours ago, Uzi said:

I'd say the attractively priced is out of the window for good. A £649 3080 is already a thing of legend and myth. You'll be lucky to get a half decent model for £750-800 in the coming months. 

Crazy world we live in really.... Seen lots of 3080s for sale on E-Bay, Gumtree and the like. Manufacturers will just charge £1K going forward and keep the profit themselves when supply is better they can drop the price.

Tire of all this TBH. Don't even bother trying at launch for any bit of hot technology because I don't want to pay a premium or feed this market. And its a PITA just trying to get stuff. Happy to wait it out these days, also better for my bank balance too. :)

Enjoy reading the struggle people have from time to time... and smile that I don't conform to this anymore. Enough stress in life at times without adding artificially to it IMHO.

Enjoy the chase all... hope you are happy with your cards when you get them.....

1 hour ago, JoeK said:

Well done Very. You've managed to fuck up my refund.

Apparently the price of the cancelled 3080 changed last minute to £3.99

Clearly they hate me.

Just a currency fluctuation.

But in all seriousness, the £3.99 is the delivery charge.

So, MSI have been selling their 3XXX series for scalped prices on Ebay :lol: 

They've come out and said it was a subsidiary that via an "error" had access to their 3XXX stock and lo and behold, they ended on Ebay for OcUK prices.

1 hour ago, JoeK said:

Well done Very. You've managed to fuck up my refund.

Apparently the price of the cancelled 3080 changed last minute to £3.99

Clearly they hate me.

That's the delivery charge, they are refunded separately. It's a fucking shitshow, probably running off manual paper processes bottlenecked by a 63 year old woman called Linda. I haven't even had that yet while everyone else has, so I'm betting they've fucked up my refund and I'm going to have to spend an hour on the phone to them again.

It was also confirmed that they were cancelling and sending orders at random - some bloke that ordering far after everyone else (but before it got pulled) received his card while tens of people who had payment taken much earlier were cancelled and are awaiting refunds.

Amazon have been selling TUF OC cards in tiny batches - remember the ones that cost RPP £689.99 just two weeks ago? And then you had Scan and Overclockers prices

Well they aren't just overclockers prices - Amazon charged near £780 I think for their TUF OC models - not third party sellers - Amazon direct.

I suspect that shockingly maybe Scan and Overclockers and Ebuyer are not price gouging as such (anymore anyway) and that the AIB sellers themselves have bumped up their prices considerably 

https://www.mooreslawisdead.com/post/nvidia-s-ultimate-play this youtube talking head said on 12th Sept this would happen lol - interestingly mentions this:

9/16/20 Update: As covered in a recent MLID video, I have been made aware of an ~$50 Rebate being provided to AIBs during September for each card sold. This expires in October.

Might make sense why it is impossible to find a close to £649-699 3080 now - like you will be at least £80 on top of that for your Zotac/PNY type stock

This makes me feel much better about paying £750 (RRP) for my Gigabyte OC 3080.

Although to be honest it's just going to cost me more money because playing Warzone last night made it immediately apparent how much the card is bottlenecked by my 2015 intel i5.

1 hour ago, Lying Cat said:

Just a currency fluctuation.

But in all seriousness, the £3.99 is the delivery charge.

Yeah, but with the previous cancellation I got two notifications from PayPal splitting it between delivery and card. For this second one I've only had the delivery one done. Which probably means a call to them tomorrow!

11 minutes ago, Isaac said:

I am so happy for you I am going to chew the door frame to my office in celebration while making a noise that might sound like an anguished scream, but is actually a friendly cheer.

13 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Although to be honest it's just going to cost me more money because playing Warzone last night made it immediately apparent how much the card is bottlenecked by my 2015 intel i5.

Yeah this is why I held off getting a card in the end. The rest of my system probably needs an upgrade too.... So going to do it all next year sometime.

I'm pretty much over it now and at the point that if I see one at a decent price, I'll grab it but I'm not going to be running any stock checkers or anything like that. I ended up cancelling that OLED TV I got as well because the delivery date got pushed back by a month and I just couldn't be bothered dealing with Very. I've not exactly had an amazing experience with them so far, and while I'm sure that high-end electronics aren't their bread a butter, it's just selling units of stuff like pants and they made a real hash of it.

I'm not even mad that I couldn't get hold of a card, I'm mad because it was something exciting in my hobby that just degenerated into a tedious miasma.

Still, new Ryzen announcement tomorrow!

9 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

I am so happy for you I am going to chew the door frame to my office in celebration while making a noise that might sound like an anguished scream, but is actually a friendly cheer.

Peter-Capaldi.jpg.a0b97636bc255e14be65d6b411057c34.jpg

Me, 30 seconds ago.

25 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

I'm pretty much over it now and at the point that if I see one at a decent price, I'll grab it but I'm not going to be running any stock checkers or anything like that. I ended up cancelling that OLED TV I got as well because the delivery date got pushed back by a month and I just couldn't be bothered dealing with Very. I've not exactly had an amazing experience with them so far, and while I'm sure that high-end electronics aren't their bread a butter, it's just selling units of stuff like pants and they made a real hash of it.

I'm not even mad that I couldn't get hold of a card, I'm mad because it was something exciting in my hobby that just degenerated into a tedious miasma.

Still, new Ryzen announcement tomorrow!

Love educating myself about the new tech coming through... but fully agree with you... its all just tedious. Don't intend to sit checking all the sites all over the country in the hope I can give £700+ of my hard earned money to buy something that I really hand on heart don't really need.  It's not exactly a cheap purchase really. To put it into context the washer/dryer I just bought cost £700 and is far more useful than making my games look a bit prettier. :D 

Its odd really - and its probably brought about about by the web is the insatiable demand for products these days everybody wants everything now at seemingly any cost (looking at the prices of things in demand around the web).

Not sure when all this craziness will stop. In future I'm just going to actually buy something when the thing I have no longer does what I need it to do. Or is made obsolete*.

* Which is another gripe of mine however understandable that companies have to cut off support sometimes as they only have limited resources to focus on a section of product lines.

32 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

anyone been told by scan what position they are in the queue yet? They reckon they should left everyone know by 3:30 today.

edit: just got the email They reckon they expecting stock friday 16th october for my order.

Just got my e-mail. 317 in the queue. It does say they hope to have all orders fulfilled by the end of November. A saucy lie.

1 minute ago, Links said:

Just got my e-mail. 317 in the queue. It does say they hope to have all orders fulfilled by the end of November. A saucy lie.

I didn't get a queue number. What card did you go for? Mine is for the EVGA XC3 Ultra Gaming.

I just got the Scan email too. I'm in position 147 for the MSI Ventus 3X, and they're "working hard with our suppliers and partners to get an estimated arrival date".

Doesn't seem too bad really, although it makes their "How dare you ask for your queue number!" email from a few days ago look a bit silly.