NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion

1 minute ago, idiwa said:

Have Noctua not brought out all black versions now? I'm sure I saw that on a video this week. :mellow:

They have! I have one in a box just waiting to be fitted on top of a new new Ryzen cpu as and when Incan get one!

11 minutes ago, idiwa said:

Have Noctua not brought out all black versions now? I'm sure I saw that on a video this week. :mellow:

Edit ignore it's from late 2019

9 minutes ago, footle said:

Yeah but then you don’t have all the exposed lovely copper

9 minutes ago, JoeK said:

They have! I have one in a box just waiting to be fitted on top of a new new Ryzen cpu as and when Incan get one!

giphy.gif.9b4773dc330dc546936ee28cf58b6261.gif

This thread has run it's course.

Rip this page from the history books, smash all the street signs, erase all the maps.

Everyone here is banned, including me. Somebody will be along to lock it soon and the concept of the 3080 series will be erased from the collective memory of mankind. People may still own them, or even receive them, but they will never again be able to understand what these objects are.

16 minutes ago, footle said:

@Meat this thread needs a new title - May I humbly suggest: Nvidia 30x0: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion

We can start talking about cable sleeves if you want more excitement I guess...

At this point, I'm considering picking up a prebuilt with my GPU of choice if the situation's just as bad for the 3070 and the AMD cards. There's top-end 3080 prebuilts in the wild for two grand, which for a complete computer loaded with an AIO-cooled 3800X as well isn't that mind-boggling.

I'm hoping that AMD's dealings with TSMC and a good design for their generic cards means they've booked enough time at the foundry for supply, but if retailers can't pull their fingers out with a competent queuing system in place everything's going to be scalped regardless.

DLSS be damned, I'm getting a card this year that'll carry me to the middle of the decade - I'm just concerned of the price of these fucking things when 2021 hits and everything gets price adjusted to be a fucking grand anyway!

1 hour ago, Siri said:

At this point, I'm considering picking up a prebuilt with my GPU of choice if the situation's just as bad for the 3070 and the AMD cards. There's top-end 3080 prebuilts in the wild for two grand, which for a complete computer loaded with an AIO-cooled 3800X as well isn't that mind-boggling.

I did have a brief look at the Ebuyer £2k 3080 pre-builds and I got pretty turned off by the Motherboard, which is super-cheap, lacking even a front USB-C connector port.

How about a 1070 Gaming X?
image.png.f2e7042c9af40ee45c186d55537fa960.png

The same theoretical power as a 3050, and you can get for about the same post-brexit price of £250 used - before NVidia's TSMC timeslot rolls in during 2022!

Spoiler

I'm calling it a 3050 so I'll feel better about it when I have to play Cyberpunk on the fucking thing because there's no stock of any new graphics cards

30 minutes ago, Siri said:

How about a 1070 Gaming X?
image.png.f2e7042c9af40ee45c186d55537fa960.png

The same theoretical power as a 3050, and you can get for about the same post-brexit price of £250 used - before NVidia's TSMC timeslot rolls in during 2022!

Reveal hidden contents

I'm calling it a 3050 so I'll feel better about it when I have to play Cyberpunk on the fucking thing because there's no stock of any new graphics cards

Ah! I had a 1080ti version of that bugger. Damn fine card.