NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion

'I will build a big navi – and nobody builds navis better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a big, big navi on our grafix, and I will make Jensen Huang pay for that navi. Mark my words.’

Ek8cWR-W0AMAAcF.png.70032ec05df8d357287c0b9b07cbcf2f.png

As for Nvidia, it's definitely the heady combination of Samsung's yields shitting the bed, covid stunting fabrication hours in addition to bots scraping up what little there is for resale. Just a perfect storm of fucking bollocks.

Conversely, part of me would like to think that AMD's recent shortage of specific Ryzen chips is because they've moved to production of newer products. In reality though, they're probably suffering just as much on the man hours front at TSMC.

Maybe. I'm just a guy wanting some whizzy graphics like Unreal Tournament 98 running at 16K.

16 minutes ago, IcEBuRN said:

Where are you guys pre ordering? 

I've only got one for OcUK. Expected 2025. 

Everywhere. This time its a blanket fifty tab spamfest with all my family drawn in to fill in captchas. I started training my dog two weeks ago.

if you snooze, you lose.

6 minutes ago, footle said:

I assume the piss on my keyboard is because he can’t see a traffic light without cocking his leg.

OK, so how do I know when I should back sat there F5'ing my pc? 

I can already see how this is going to end up. My 3080 will be dispatched at precisely the same time as Big Navi is officially unveiled, shown to blow the 3080 out of the water and put on sale in huge quantities for £100 less.

6 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Y'see this is what happens if you don't spend every waking hour in this thread - we've covered all this aaaaaaages ago :P 

There's only so much pain and abject misery I can take from you lot before having to go lock myself in a dark room to recover! 

Just now, Doctor Shark said:

There's only so much pain and abject misery I can take from you lot before having to go lock myself in a dark room to recover! 

You must join us in our suffering forever and ever.

7 minutes ago, Mogster said:

I can already see how this is going to end up. My 3080 will be dispatched at precisely the same time as Big Navi is officially unveiled, shown to blow the 3080 out of the water and put on sale in huge quantities for £100 less.

I think it is one of the hardest things with new tech, when to buy as it seems to get bettered by something else pretty quickly on a whole or it becomes a lot cheaper pretty quick. I am not saying that is what will happen here, but you see it all the time with TVs, gadgets etc.

16 minutes ago, Mogster said:

Until Big Navi has an answer for DLSS you're probably fine regardless.

DLSS is an absolute game changer.

8 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

It's not just about whether or not AMD have an answer to DLSS, it's whether anyone is going to support it.

Well, if it's implemented into Xbox Series X/S and PS5 then that won't be an issue at all. It'll just depend on how good it is.

I think the appeal of DLSS has always been "free" performance. At the time of DLSS 2.0 becoming a thing it was a bonus on nvidia cards when people would only buy nvidia cards for the high end. 

This changes if you have an option where the raw performance from AMD may be stronger and DLSS is still only in a minority of titles. If the AMD card is also cheaper then it becomes an interesting consideration and nvidia would be motivated to get it into more titles to make it more of a compelling selling point.

Wait, that's the 6800XT? So the 6900XT is a monster?

Well if those are anywhere near the truth (taking all this recent hype with a massive pinch of salt) this is going to be a win for consumers - actual competition huh.

Just now, spanx said:

Wait, that's the 6800XT? So the 6900XT is a monster?

Well if those are anywhere near the truth (taking all this recent hype with a massive pinch of salt) this is going to be a win for consumers - actual competition huh.

Rumours are

6900XT - 80CU - AMD exclusive (as in no partners selling these - like the FE from Nvidia)

6800XT - 72 CU