Super Mario Bros Nintendo Game & Watch - 13th November

I don't know if I want to take it out of the box :lol:

Box review:

Environmentally friendly cardboard packaging placed in a plastic sleeve. Has a note on the sleeve to warn you there is no charger in the box (damn you Apple). On the back there is very small writing on the cardboard box to say that you need a Nintendo USB AC adaptor to play, or other USB-compatible AC adaptor. Doesn't say what type of USB it is. "Nintendo cannot recommend any particular device". Thanks Nintendo.

Mine appears to be still stuck in "Processing" on the Nintendo online shop. 

Not sure when it will appear but well as long as it does at some point! :) Just have to get some batteries for my original Game And Watch and play with that I guess!

20 minutes ago, GC Zombie said:

I don't know if I want to take it out of the box :lol:

Box review:

Environmentally friendly cardboard packaging placed in a plastic sleeve. Has a note on the sleeve to warn you there is no charger in the box (damn you Apple). On the back there is very small writing on the cardboard box to say that you need a Nintendo USB AC adaptor to play, or other USB-compatible AC adaptor. Doesn't say what type of USB it is. "Nintendo cannot recommend any particular device". Thanks Nintendo.

USB-C.... Just charge it through your phone charger or USB port on a PC.

Now please open the box and take the obligatory "I got mine" photo. With a pet if you have one seems to be the new norm around these parts! :) 

I never had a Game & Watch so i got it partly to fill in for that missing part of Nintendo History but also for it actually running one of the greatest games ever made.

I would imagine the hackers are chomping at the bit to take it apart, see what's under the hood & what else they can make it do (All other NES games probably, depending on storage) but I think i'll keep mine Vanilla there are plenty of other options for that sort of thing.

1 hour ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Text from Royal Mail, coming Saturday whilst I’m out getting an MoT :(

I don't think they require signatures at the moment, so you should be okay? I'd imagine it'll fit through a letterbox okay.

Possibly? 

9 hours ago, Hitcher said:

*clicks Stopwatch*

I knew it would be fast, but geez, it's almost as if Nintendo wasn't even trying.  At this rate, it'll be playing the entire NES Library by the end of the week & Gameboy by Xmas.

10 minutes ago, Jarik said:

*clicks Stopwatch*

I knew it would be fast, but geez, it's almost as if Nintendo wasn't even trying.  At this rate, it'll be playing the entire NES Library by the end of the week & Gameboy by Xmas.

They'll be playing the whole NES library before Nintendo deliver mine... :D 

Think Nintendo haven't tried that hard to protect this why bother its a one off unit not like a mainline console where a revenue stream could be lost! Think they might be actually intrigued to see what people can do with it... probably give them ideas for another device. In other news just had an email as I type this to say mine is out for delivery. Nice!

2 hours ago, Droo said:

The real next gen experience starts today!

It sort of does for me.... :hmm:

Because i'm a DIRTY HOARDER  I have two of these on the way, one from Amazon and one from Nintendo.

The funny thing is, the Amazon one is coming today, and the Nintendo one is coming..Saturday.  Dickheads.

I am going to open and use the one with the most battered box, as these things go.

So i need to wait to compare boxes :lol:   what a cunt.  Mind you if the Amazon one is already battered its a no brainer.

Yeah, was about to say - forgot that a sure-fire way of getting something the day after release is getting it on the official Nintendo store. Hence, I did order mine on said store and it'll be arriving at some point tomorrow now!

Looking forward to it, mind :)

48 minutes ago, Parappa said:

what would be good is if you could play emulated game and watch games on it. 

What would be good is if Nintendo actually fucking dispatched mine. It's *still* processing.