Xbox Series X | S - 10 days to go

They claim they are.

But they also said that about the original xbox at the xbox one launch and the xbox one runs considerably fewer original xbox games than the 360 did.

So maybe but don't base a purchase on it.

The main thing that is giving me pause about picking this up is the concern Microsoft will do incremental improvements and release a revised, more powerful, Series X console in a couple of years. I’m not really onboard with eliminating console generations as it will just result in more expense and degraded performance.

2 hours ago, Chooch said:

Thinking about All Access machines. I’ve an all access One X that I want to upgrade to a Series X - I bought it in Game last year so I guess I’ll still have to pre-order with Game, they won’t have any specific ‘upgrade’ stock I assume?

This is also on the front of the Game website. What? 

4EF93155-4262-4B9E-AD54-B7A889AF8092.thumb.jpeg.8e897334f6a12a3e6c9aeec79ceae98f.jpeg

I wouldn't expect any less from Game.

2 hours ago, Halo said:

The main thing that is giving me pause about picking this up is the concern Microsoft will do incremental improvements and release a revised, more powerful, Series X console in a couple of years. I’m not really onboard with eliminating console generations as it will just result in more expense and degraded performance.

I wouldn't worry about this, if it happens it'll be at least 4-5 years into the future. Even the base Xbox One limped along for four years before the One X (which ostensibly was just to add 4k support), and the Series X is already the most powerful on the market. There's no incentive to keep iterating for no reason, they don't make any money from it.

What’s the deal with pre-orders then? Do you think they’ll go live on various retailer sites at midnight on 22nd?

Likely to be a mad rush?

Where are you going for? Are Simply Games still well regarded? I know Shopto are shit now. 

Part of me wonders if using a behemoth like Amazon might be safer in peak pandemic times. Who knows how lockdown might affect smaller businesses’ ability to deliver?

And similarly for all-access orders, which are only from Game or Smyths - do they deliver or do you have to go to pick it up? And if they deliver, how good are they at delivering on release day?

11 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I have the 450 up front, but 30 quid a month just sounds so much nicer so I'm going with that

Well, for a like for like it would actually be:

£714 up front or £29 a month. 

So that sounds even nicer. 

I'm going to pay upfront. Preferably to Argos as their return policy is good if anything is up with it. Just got £220 for my PS4 slim which helps.

I'm just hoping I can collect in person with the preorder. 

1 minute ago, Ry said:

I'm going to pay upfront. Preferably to Argos as their return policy is good if anything is up with it. Just got £220 for my PS4 slim which helps.

I'm just hoping I can collect in person with the preorder. 

That's a right price to sell it for. I was thinking I'd get about 180 for my 1x

2 minutes ago, Ry said:

£220 for a PS4 Slim??

Is there a list of the "over 100 great games" you currently get with the Game Pass anywhere?  This page (https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass/games) seems to have too many for the marketing department to call it 'over 100' - you'd expect them to round up and say something like 'nearly 400'...

Oh but hang on, the big green box at the top of that page says that members can get up to 20% off games in the Game Pass library.  Is that if you want to buy so you can play when they get cycled out of the game pass, or when you cancel your sub or something?

Have I just got the wrong end of the wrong stick?  I'm feeling very old right now...

2 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

Is there a list of the "over 100 great games" you currently get with the Game Pass anywhere?  This page (https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass/games) seems to have too many for the marketing department to call it 'over 100' - you'd expect them to round up and say something like 'nearly 400'...

Oh but hang on, the big green box at the top of that page says that members can get up to 20% off games in the Game Pass library.  Is that if you want to buy so you can play when they get cycled out of the game pass, or when you cancel your sub or something?

Have I just got the wrong end of the wrong stick?  I'm feeling very old right now...

“100 great games, and some shit ones”?

1 minute ago, fretnoise said:

There are multiple versions in that list. Alan Wake for Xbox and Alan Wake for PC, for example. I think they're using "over 100" to cover their arse for folk who can only access one of the play options. There seems to be over 200 each for Xbox and PC, but less than 200 for Cloud.

2 minutes ago, Pockets said:

Only those retailers? 

No. Another tweet came out from the same guy saying there's many others. These are just the major ones. 

• Mr Tony changed the title to Xbox Series S - £249 - 10 November. Get ready for 8am Tue.
  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S - 10 days to go