Xbox Series X | S - 10 days to go

2 hours ago, Rev said:

USB C is just 3.1 in a nicer shape, Bluetooth 5 is a speed and range improvement, which probably isn’t that consequential for a joypad. If you’ve got a faster than 3.5Gb/ps internet connection the wifi would be a burden though.

bluetooth 5 having more bandwidth and potentially lower latency could be pretty important if you’re selling audio via the controller as a key feature this time round?

usb-c at both ends would also be nice

10 minutes ago, footle said:

bluetooth 5 having more bandwidth and potentially lower latency could be pretty important if you’re selling audio via the controller as a key feature this time round?

Are they? 

11 minutes ago, carlospie said:

My advice, buy up the best second hand 360 titles from eBay now. I got blue dragon for two quid the other day. I can only imagine they are going to go up in price when this launches. 

It doesn’t have a disc drive

52 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Iv produced my own twitter comparison image

Ps5

Has new games 

Xbox

Has no games

Is it just me or all you have done is shit on Xbox?

49 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

I had the opposite reaction unfortunately. Realised there was no Outrun, Rez, Ridge Racer, Afterburner or Street Fighter 3 and basically put me off a Series S. :(

Decided to just order a new power supply for my 360. 

Big case of YMMV but hopefully they get the program up and running again or maybe the publishers need to play ball more? SEGA in particular.

There are a few that I’m glad are on there, but I’ve never been impressed by the BC list. It’s better than nothing, but needing publishers to be actively involved, and therefore licensing issues getting raised, basically killed it before it got started. It’s a nice bonus, but if I could just put any Xbox game in (a Series X) and it’d work it’d be amazing. 

56 minutes ago, fattakin said:

Fair play to Sony, as for all the premium chat for the series X, it should have these newer standards in place.

I don’t remember any premium chat around the X. Hasn’t their main messaging been about power?

6 minutes ago, JPL said:

I don’t remember any premium chat around the X. Hasn’t their main messaging been about power?

This is power too, really. They’re not really premium features, they’re ones of limited use but are genuinely useful in some specific situations. If you’re making the most powerful console ever, they should be there. 

43 minutes ago, carlospie said:

My advice, buy up the best second hand 360 titles from eBay now. I got blue dragon for two quid the other day. I can only imagine they are going to go up in price when this launches. 

And Crime Generator/Cex. Got the Mass Effect games for 4.50

Wi-Fi 6 is a long way off from being a thing. 

Bluetooth remains rubbish, whether 4 or 5  and the Xbox doesn’t need it, because it uses RF for its controllers (and wireless headphones), which is rock solid and higher range than crappy BT. Bluetooth is just there to make it more convenient to pair wirelessly to phones and PCs. 

Even Sony’s wireless headset includes an RF dongle because Bluetooth is rubbish.  

11 minutes ago, Rev said:

This is power too, really. They’re not really premium features, they’re ones of limited use but are genuinely useful in some specific situations. If you’re making the most powerful console ever, they should be there. 

Maybe if you’re making the most powerful console ever but need to hit a certain price, then they were the first thing to get cut.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree with you and I’d rather have it, especially USB-C, but how much of a difference will it make in reality?

1 minute ago, JPL said:

how much of a difference will it make in reality?

Fuck all, that's why I shared the original tweet, it's the most incredible reach to find a way to throw out a stat to claim superiority.  That's why I shared it, it's console war nonsense that I thought was funny. In retrospect, I should have kept it to myself because it's obviously going to derail the thread for the next fortnight because everyone has to be respectful and kind in case someone's triggered.

2 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Fuck all, that's why I shared the original tweet, it's the most incredible reach to find a way to throw out a stat to claim superiority.  That's why I shared it, it's console war nonsense that I thought was funny. In retrospect, I should have kept it to myself because it's obviously going to derail the thread for the next fortnight because everyone has to be respectful and kind in case someone's triggered.

Yeah, I got the joke! I’ve just gone off on a bit of a tangent from my original point that the X was never sold as being a premium console.

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

Iv produced my own twitter comparison image

Ps5

Has new games 

Xbox

Has no games

I feel your time would be better spent gathering nibbles for this evenings PS5 conference, than riling people up in the Xbox thread.

Just now, Robo_1 said:

I feel your time would be better spent gathering nibbles for this evenings PS5 conference, than riling people up in the Xbox thread.

Im team xbox, it was a lighthearted joke based on the earlier share re usb ports etc. 

2 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Im team xbox, it was a lighthearted joke based on the earlier share re usb ports etc. 

Oh okay, sorry if I read it wrong. The locals are getting restless. ;)

It's OK, no trolling meant. 

I can't wait for series x. Can't wait to have that fast ssd and load my games in seconds. Can't wait for the cross gen releases. Can't wait for more game pass. Can't wait for that black and greeen beast behind my TV. 

Can't. Wait.

26 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

I appreciated it being shared, as it’s nice to know the differences just for my knowledge. I’m not into playground fighting just interested to see the differences.

I know I’m being pseudo dumb guy asking stupid questions in here but I genuinely don’t know, will all the live arcade games I had on 360 still be there for me to download and play on XSX? I know not all are back compatible etc but for those that are - will they still be in a store somewhere for me to download and play?

6 minutes ago, Pockets said:

I know I’m being pseudo dumb guy asking stupid questions in here but I genuinely don’t know, will all the live arcade games I had on 360 still be there for me to download and play on XSX? I know not all are back compatible etc but for those that are - will they still be in a store somewhere for me to download and play?

Yep.

6 minutes ago, Pockets said:

Yeah if they are back compatible and you log in on the xsx using the same account you bought them for they will be there to play.

11 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

Yep.

10 minutes ago, Flockheart said:

Yeah if they are back compatible and you log in on the xsx using the same account you bought them for they will be there to play.

Thanks. I was having a look through my account on my PC yesterday and remembering some. Virtua Fighter 5! Guwange was on there too. Bought it at the time having not played Cave shooters and never got into it but having it conveniently on a console years later, maybe I will. 

I assumed it must work like that when I checked against the back compatibility list but it just seemed odd to think these old things I hadn’t touched for years would still be there for me somewhere. 

I think it’s the first time I’ve really felt the benefit of digital purchasing. I’ve always been a trader before and although I have 200+ Steam games, this is the first time there’s been tangible time separation and I’ll be going back to something. 

I mean, it’ll be a five minute novelty, but still. 

• Mr Tony changed the title to Xbox Series S - £249 - 10 November. Get ready for 8am Tue.
  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S - 10 days to go