Xbox Series X | S - 10 days to go

Youl save twenty quid. Everyone is saying you can save money on cdkeys etc buying the console separately and the passes but for all we know those deals will stop. I recall ms stopping selling the gold cards in some denominations? 

14 hours ago, carlospie said:

I hope that xbox launch games arnt seventy quid like the ps5. 

Could end up being that way. RRP for most standard games on the Xbox store is now £60. Totally caught me off guard when I noticed that last week.

Just now, cowfields said:

So who would people go with then? Smyths or Game?  Honestly part of the reason it put me off the 0% Klarna deal is that they are the choices...but perhaps that's unfair on them. 

yes that part is the bit stopping me - also wondering if the all access preorders will be at back of queue so Game get more cash upfront for full price sales!

1 minute ago, carlospie said:

Smyth's are good, go with them. Whenever iv ordered toys etc they always come on time. 

Plus I hate GAME

I asked this in one of the threads but I missed if anyone answered - do Smyths deliver? (I'm guessing from what you've said they do.) And if so how are they for launch day delivery?

8 minutes ago, Clipper said:

yes that part is the bit stopping me - also wondering if the all access preorders will be at back of queue so Game get more cash upfront for full price sales!

Game get the cash upfront from Klarna. They are providing the credit rather than Game. So there’s no difference if you’re a cash or credit buyer. 

I was thinking both stores should get a big allocation as they are the only partners for all access. 

I'm going to go Smyths.

1. They're an Irish company, so supporting the auld country

2. I worked for them in the late 90's as a part time job, and I failed to turn up on many occasions due to hangover or just couldn't be bothered. I think I owe them

41 minutes ago, Darren said:

I asked this in one of the threads but I missed if anyone answered - do Smyths deliver? (I'm guessing from what you've said they do.) And if so how are they for launch day delivery?

Yep. Also do chicken and lamb. 

I'm not a GAME fan by any means but looks likely I'll be heading to them next week for instore pre order given it's only a 20 min walk, they are opening at 8am (so I can get there and back before starting work) and the online issues today for PS5 with sites crashing and selling out in mins. Can't see it being any different next week in terms of online demand, retailers such as Simply and Game Collection have said they have thousands of users that have registered interest.  Just hope hapless GAME have a contingency plan for any potential non essential shops lockdown..................nah, course they won't, it's GAME.  :P

A reminder for anyone blowing their Microsoft Rewards on this (if buying direct), it can take a day or so for rewards points to turn up. I'm going to request my $100 card at least a day before the 22nd.

Quick question: If I buy an Xbox, can I play online games with just the GamePass or do I need to pay for Gold? If that it the case, it does seem a bit crazy to me that both consoles still require you to play online :huh: I guess £50 in the grand scheme of things for 12 months isn't too bad, but it's still something I'd rather not have to worry about.

1 minute ago, tronied said:

Quick question: If I buy an Xbox, can I play online games with just the GamePass or do I need to pay for Gold? If that it the case, it does seem a bit crazy to me that both consoles still require you to play online :huh: I guess £50 in the grand scheme of things for 12 months isn't too bad, but it's still something I'd rather not have to worry about.

I think game pass includes gold, or ‘ultimate’ does anyway. 

5 minutes ago, tronied said:

Only Ultimate includes a Gold sub.  If you buy the normal Gamepass sub, you will also have to get a Gold Sub to be able to play online.

3 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

All Access is only a saving if you would otherwise pay a monthly subscription for gamepass. If you buy a subscription, you save money.

Do you have Game Pass currently? If not, stack 3 years of Gold and then convert to Game Pass Ultimate.

Even if you already have ultimate, at CDkeys, you can get 3 months of Ultimate for £21.99, so you can save about £80 by stacking these (check they stack before buying 8 of them).

How do you convert gold to game pass? I don’t have an Xbox one at the moment, poss a 360 somewhere so I assume you need to do this on the console?

Im just working out if it’s worth a gamble stacking some gold subs and converting if I can without an Xbox one!

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone know if you can apply Microsoft Store credit to a pre-order after placing it?

Ideally I'd like to pre-order an XSX from Microsoft, trade in my XOX at GAME closer to launch, convert all that new store credit into the Microsoft/Xbox kind (better return then cash), then use that towards my pre-order.

41 minutes ago, Ry said:

£1.20 14 day codes are my go to for GP Ultimate. They don't stack but it's worth it for the price. 

That's crazy cheap / if my maths are right comes in at less than £32 for a year yes?

Where do you get them from at that price? 

7 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

£18.99 is about the interest you'd make having £30k in the bank over that period, so yeah, that £18.99 is worth it :-p

You’re literally making money by buying an Xbox!

Hmm. I’m working on Tuesday and will be on a tube train, underground, without signal at 08:00. Game Oxford Street opens at 11:00, long after I’m due at the office. 

im going to have to think this one through carefully. 

8 hours ago, Popo said:

You’re literally making money by buying an Xbox!

Hmm. I’m working on Tuesday and will be on a tube train, underground, without signal at 08:00. Game Oxford Street opens at 11:00, long after I’m due at the office. 

im going to have to think this one through carefully. 

WFH on that day. Alternatively get in early so you’re at your computer by 8 and can refresh multiple tabs with different retailers in the hope you can buy one. Or take a very early lunch.

• Mr Tony changed the title to Xbox Series S - £249 - 10 November. Get ready for 8am Tue.
  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S - 10 days to go