Xbox Series X | S - 10 days to go

So for Argos I got right through to the your order is with us final screen - but no confirmation email or money taken out of my PayPal account - so does that mean no order? (Been over two hours now since I ordered). Have the all access via game so just to know if I have to contact them to cancel the Argos one 

Just now, papalazarou said:

So for Argos I got right through to the your order is with us final screen - but no confirmation email or money taken out of my PayPal account - so does that mean no order? (Been over two hours now since I ordered). Have the all access via game so just to know if I have to contact them to cancel the Argos one 

If you noticed an error message at the point of payment and you haven’t received an email confirmation within two hours of placing your order, the order will not have successfully gone through. You may wish to place your order again.

If this has happened, you may notice that the payment is ‘pending’ in your bank account. Don’t worry, Argos will not have taken any payment and this pre-authorisation will automatically be cancelled within 24 hours. You will see the funds released in your bank account within 5 days, depending on your card issuer. If you have any concerns please contact us.

3 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

MS still have the console for order, if you can get through their payment pages.

That's a BIG if. I've had it in my basket on the MS website for over 1 hour and I can't check out. I spent 40 minutes on hold on my mobile for a support representative but I finally gave up. :(

27 minutes ago, bignige said:

I have the same. I went on live chat and it does say if no confirmation email received after 2 hour the order didn't go through and refund will be issued or if money is pending from bank it'll just not be taken out of bank.

No confirmation other than the paypal payment email.

The weird part is I made an order a week ago for soemthing else due delivery in a week or so on argos using paypal and got nothing other than a paypal email.

I have both preordered on Amazon but will be interesting to see what happens to argos order.

EDIT - actually the series S is showing as instock so I doubt my order has a problem?

2 minutes ago, Onze said:

That's a BIG if. I've had it in my basket on the MS website for over 1 hour and I can't check out. I spent 40 minutes on hold on my mobile for a support representative but I finally gave up. :(

Did you try a different browser? I had a friend try Chrome, Edge and Opera with the page not even loading. I suggested they download Brave and it worked first time when clicking on the shopping cart.

I use Brave by default so was confused why they were having so many issues as mine went through first time.

4 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

Did you try a different browser? I had a friend try Chrome, Edge and Opera with the page not even loading. I suggested they download Brave and it worked first time when clicking on the shopping cart

Just tried Brave now and it's still a no go. :(

6 minutes ago, Onze said:

I’ve had one in a basket since 8am. Every now and again I try to process the payment but it always fails with a message that the fault is at MS’s end. I don’t particularly want one now but can’t stop trying regardless. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Saw this on twitter:

That looks like quite a small branch of Game, but nonetheless that sign says they got 8 Series X and 2 Series S machines. 

No conclusions, but interesting.  

That looks like Murica. 

14 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

Just to soak up the atmos and energy in here........

Is S's vent the same diameter as the X's base circle?  Sooo dirty.

I know the stark boxy designs aren't everyone's taste but they really do it for me. 

2 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

That looks like Murica. 

Looking through his other tweets, I think you're right. I did clock his chair, but actually just thought about how stuff produced for the usa market ends up everywhere!

Whoops!

Series X for me, Series S for the boy for Christmas. A half hour of stress this morning but all told, feeling pretty happy with how things went down. That said, will take the time here to say SimplyGames and their 'buy a ridiculously expensive bundle' ploy can suck my plums.

Well there's two and a half hours of my life gone that I'll never get back!!!

Was there at 8am on the MS site ready to pounce having converted a boat load of reward points into credit and also grabbing a bunch of £50 codes from CD keys over the last few months giving me £450 of MS credit on my account. What could possibly go wrong......

Well pretty much everything it would seem!!

First it keeps showing as nothing in my basket whilst at the same time saying I've exceeded the maximum limit allowed.

Got past that (cleared cookies) and then it tells me that there's a problem with my payment method (the £450 that's sat right there as MS credit!!). Tried PayPal (no joy) and a debit card that's linked to the account and no joy with that either!?! 

Emptied my basket, re added Series X and then bingo, all looks good with it taking me to what looks like the final page. Hit "buy now" and nope, all I keep getting is a yellow band at the top of the screen stating "Unable to purchase the order at the moment – please try again." Must have tried 40-50 times each time getting the same message so decide to give them a call. Surely that'll do it!!!

Spend 56 minutes on hold and finally the phone gets answered. Guy tells me that they've sold out and he's sorry I missed it!! Ok, can I have my £450 back please, I'll go get one elsewhere?.....No. Guy tells me they can't refund MS account balances and I'll just have to wait till it's back in stock / there's nothng that he can do. I politely ask to speak to a manager and he goes and gets one for me. Manager can't do anything for me either (and to be fair sounded genuinely sorry) but took my mobile number and assured me that someone will call me in the next 48hrs when they've got some more in. Hmmmm :(.

IMG_8100.thumb.jpg.548134b42b44538974639c1b0e9d1576.jpg

1 minute ago, squirtle said:

Erm... Why would MS give you £450 when you have raised this through vouchers bought cheaper from cdKeys?

Surely he means £450 of balance refunded to his MS account as this is what he had before trying to make the purchase.

I was able to get to checkout on Microsoft's site for a Series X, I'm not getting one I just wanted to see for a friend who was struggling earlier. They just created a massive DDoS attack with everyone on the sites at 8am; in that respect the randomness of PS5 kinda helped spread the load so sites stayed up a bit better.

5 minutes ago, squirtle said:

Erm... Why would MS give you £450 when you have raised this through vouchers bought cheaper from cdKeys?

What I paid for them makes no odds to their value when redeemed. Even If I'd been gifted them (so zero cost to me) they'd still be worth their face value.

TBH I didn't think that they would but it was worth an ask as if they had I could've then grabbed a Series X elsewhere.  

10 minutes ago, Wallace said:

Surely he means £450 of balance refunded to his MS account as this is what he had before trying to make the purchase.

No, he meant he wants the £450 to buy on elsewhere which, of course, they won't do.

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S - 10 days to go