Xbox Series X | S - 10 Nov

On 16/09/2020 at 22:35, AI1 said:

@Wahwah* Thanks!

haha! 

Ten pounds out, I'm surprised you're pleased about that massive faux pas. ;)

EDIT: 

Tears? For an obviously well intentioned joke, with an "I AM OBVIOUSLY JOKING" smiley attached? Console launches are making everyone crazy.

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

If they are you can just buy the Xbox One version.

Good point! With two kids I feel guilty spending even forty quid on a game, that could pay for their new shoes, day out etc. Seventy quid I just cannot justify. 

I'm even contemplating not getting the series x at launch now and just seeing how things pan out, 450 is a lot of money in the current climate. 

6 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I hope that xbox launch games arnt seventy quid like the ps5. 

At this point doesn’t pretty much everyone have Game Pass for first party MS games?

1 hour ago, Wahwah* said:

haha! 

Ten pounds out, I'm surprised you're pleased about that massive faux pas. ;)

EDIT: 

Tears? For an obviously well intentioned joke, with a "I AM OBVIOUSLY JOKING SMILEY" attached? Console launches are making everyone crazy.

I didn't tear neg you, fyi. Have a pos from me to balance it out.

*Smug mode activated*

1 hour ago, AI1 said:

*Smug mode activated*

Why thank you, I'm not keeping score but I'll look back fondly on this if there's ever an audit.  :)

So I want to get a Series X and I want it on launch.  I haven’t done launch day for consoles very much, I fluked it with my Switch and it was the Best Day Ever.

Without faffing too much I can get to a Currys PC World, Smyths, Argos in a Sainsbury’s.

I was thinking to try to secure a physical pre order with Smyths of the bunch? Seems sensible? Book day off work and go nuts?

1 hour ago, sprite said:

So I want to get a Series X and I want it on launch.  I haven’t done launch day for consoles very much, I fluked it with my Switch and it was the Best Day Ever.

Without faffing too much I can get to a Currys PC World, Smyths, Argos in a Sainsbury’s.

I was thinking to try to secure a physical pre order with Smyths of the bunch? Seems sensible? Book day off work and go nuts?

I'm hoping I can get mine at Argos and pick it up at store. Need to wait till preorders go up. 

16 hours ago, carlospie said:

My advice, buy up the best second hand 360 titles from eBay now. I got blue dragon for two quid the other day. I can only imagine they are going to go up in price when this launches. 

Doubt it, everyone that wanted them surely bought them to go with their Xbox One.

10 hours ago, carlospie said:

Good point! With two kids I feel guilty spending even forty quid on a game, that could pay for their new shoes, day out etc. Seventy quid I just cannot justify. 

I'm even contemplating not getting the series x at launch now and just seeing how things pan out, 450 is a lot of money in the current climate. 

Let them have a go. Guilt alleviated. You got it for the kidzzz you selfless bastard! If they're so ungrateful that they're not interested in playing it at 2am then why shouldn't you get some use out of it?

2 hours ago, sprite said:

I have the benefit of a small Argos/Sainsbury up the hill from me and a new Smyths opening in October 10 minutes down the road so its between those.

Was thinking the same In terms of taking day off and going nuts, just a shame its a Tuesday and not end of the week.

15 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

Tears? For an obviously well intentioned joke, with a "I AM OBVIOUSLY JOKING SMILEY" attached? Console launches are making everyone crazy.

13 hours ago, AI1 said:

Forum Advert (You can skip the Ad by scrolling past this post)

Have you or a loved one ever suspected that somebody is sneaking Empathy Tears onto your well intentioned post?

Have you ever accused the wrong person of doing it, thereby risking souring your non-existent friendship, with people who mathematically don't actually exist?

Well don't you worry, we have a solution for you - by donating £10 to RLLMUK today, you'll be able to see who is giving you rep - but it's not just you! You'll be able to see EVERYTHING.

• Identify serial offenders!
  • Discover who's in the secret cliques!
  • Complain to the mods with hard evidence so they have to do something!

... with all the money you're saving on next generation consoles being much cheaper than expected*, why not spend some of it on a comfortable, well worn video game discussion board where old people who really can't be fucked any more rub shoulders with slightly less old people who are definitely trolling!

Terms and conditions apply!**

* £70 games may mean fuck all saving after the purchase of 3 games

** No guarantee of secret cliques. No guarantee of satisfaction. No guarantee that knowing who left you rep will fill the yawning chasm inside you that was once filled with something you remember as hope and life. Empth Tears may not be permanent, pending committee decision, due to go live 2023.

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

Doubt it, everyone that wanted them surely bought them to go with their Xbox One.

I think there will be a small uptick. Partly because people want to see how old games look and play and partly because the launch line-up is lacking.

Am I right in thinking that the All Access pass is cheaper in the long run? Apologies if this has been done but the thread is moving fast. I'm sure I read that it did, but with recent maths:

Buy console, sub to game pass ultimate:

£449.99 + (24mo * £10.99) = £713.75

AA:
£28.99 * 24mo = £695.76

Since it's 0% apr it feels like the logical option, but to be honest a part of me doesn't like committing to 2 years of payments, I have the money available, and I'd only save £18.99 in two years, but have to buy it from 2 retailers I normally wouldn't have bothered with. Every chance I could just go to a local shop, but I'm not sure I like the idea of launch day frenzy at the best of times, let alone when the other buyers might have a horrible virus. I don't need it for launch day, I just need it to be reliably delivered by a company with okay customer support. 

2 minutes ago, cowfields said:

Am I right in thinking that the All Access pass is cheaper in the long run? Apologies if this has been done but the thread is moving fast. I'm sure I read that it did, but with recent maths:

AA:
£28.99 * 24mo = £695.76

Since it's 0% apr it feels like the logical option, but to be honest a part of me doesn't like committing to 2 years of payments, I have the money available, and I'd only save £18.99 in two years, but have to buy it from 2 retailers I normally wouldn't have bothered with. Every chance I could just go to a local shop, but I'm not sure I like the idea of launch day frenzy at the best of times, let alone when the other buyers might have a horrible virus. I don't need it for launch day, I just need it to be reliably delivered by a company with okay customer support. 

It's cheaper if you buy everything at RRP. If you buy two £99 game pass codes from CD Keys then it's not. If you buy £40 gold and upgrade for £1 (still not been explained to me) then even less so.

It is a bit annoying that Amazon in America offer Xbox All Access but it looks like Amazon UK aren't. I really wanted to get the AA deal but can't say I'm enthusiastic about getting it from Smyth's and Game is an absolute no.

I got a launch PS4 Pro from Game which had a hardware fault and it was a complete nightmare getting them to replace it. Had to piss about calling head office to get the people in the store to do anything, I'm not risking that again with the new consoles. 

1 minute ago, cowfields said:

AA:
£28.99 * 24mo = £695.76

All Access is only a saving if you would otherwise pay a monthly subscription for gamepass. If you buy a subscription, you save money.

Do you have Game Pass currently? If not, stack 3 years of Gold and then convert to Game Pass Ultimate.

Even if you already have ultimate, at CDkeys, you can get 3 months of Ultimate for £21.99, so you can save about £80 by stacking these (check they stack before buying 8 of them).

“The way that we designed the developer environment was that a developer would ideally target 4K at 60 fps, up to a 120 fps on Xbox Series X, and then they could easily scale down to the Xbox Series S by reducing the rendering resolution to 1440p,” Ronald said. “But they're not locked into that. So the developer can choose to use the power of the Xbox Series S in the way that they see fit. So in some cases they may choose to render at, say, 1080p, and then use the extra GPU headroom for things like better anti-aliasing or better graphical effects. On the other hand, the developer may choose to go after something like 120 fps, if that's right for the title, and that might result in resolution tradeoffs.”

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-says-developers-wont-be-limited-by-series-s

In an interview with IGN, Xbox director of program management Jason Ronald confirmed that game install sizes will be approximately 30% smaller on the Series S than on the Series X. This is due to the reduced resolution texture packages needed for games on the Series S, which will be targeting 1440p resolution instead of 4K on the Series X.

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-series-s-game-sizes-will-be-smaller-than-on-series-x

18 minutes ago, cowfields said:

AA:
£28.99 * 24mo = £695.76

You can pay it off as quickly as you’d like. Instantly even. 

25 minutes ago, cowfields said:

AA:
£28.99 * 24mo = £695.76

£18.99 is about the interest you'd make having £30k in the bank over that period, so yeah, that £18.99 is worth it :-p

11 minutes ago, Chooch said:

You can pay it off as quickly as you’d like. Instantly even. 

at any point you can settle? just like buying a sofa? We did that bought it on 0% but paid it off early as we wanted our house purchase to go without a hitch so didnt want lots of 0% agreements clogging it up!

1 minute ago, Clipper said:

at any point you can settle? just like buying a sofa? We did that bought it on 0% but paid it off early as we wanted our house purchase to go without a hitch so didnt want lots of 0% agreements clogging it up!

Yup. I bought my One X on All Access and you’ve the option to pay additional amounts over the monthly payment as you wish. 

• Mr Tony changed the title to Xbox Series S - £249 - 10 November. Get ready for 8am Tue.
  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S - 10 Nov