Xbox Series X | S - 11 days to go

5 minutes ago, Madness said:

Do we know which launch titles are coming to Game Pass day one? I quite fancy Valhalla but I'm reluctant to pre order any games as I can just rely on the "freebies" :lol:

AFAIK no Ubisoft games have been on GamePass. Valhalla won't be day one, I really can't see that.

Now, we turn to the next most urgent question. Is it worth booking the day off work on the 10th November given that (1) I have no idea what time it will turn up, if at all on that day, (2) after plugging it in I won't be able to play anything until it's downloaded whatever it needs and (3) I'll be working from home anyway so I can keep an eye on it while it's doing that anyway?

Oh who am I kidding, of course it is!

1 minute ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

if i pay now at Argos?  will they send me a sorry we are out of stock email after taking my money?

I tried and failed to get a PS5 from Argos last week and the payment is still showing as pending on my bank account, but I have no PS5 pre-order. Just hoping it will sort itself out, but beware...

1 minute ago, Pob said:

Is anyone bothering looking at John Lewis? They are supposed to be one of the shops taking pre-orders but no mention of it anywhere.

They march to their own drum. Which is to say, the admin that needs to update the product listings doesn't log on from home until 9am, and they'll check their emails firstthankyouverymuch.

4 minutes ago, skondo said:

Cannot checkout on the MS store, the buy now button is just greyed out. Giving up.

FFS. It appears that it was greyed out because my delivery address didn’t have a phone number attached to it, but I only discovered this because I clicked edit account. When I saved the buy now button turned blue. Looks like I’ll be getting a Series X on launch day. My first launch day console since GameCube.

double checked my argos order page and now no sign of it being delivered ON 10th Nov and the item claims to not be sold anymore and the name is wrong. The catalogue number is still the same as the right item though and I have been charged hmmmmmm the S is more important than the X really.

1 minute ago, Darren said:

Now, we turn to the next most urgent question. Is it worth booking the day off work on the 10th November given that (1) I have no idea what time it will turn up, if at all on that day, (2) after plugging it in I won't be able to play anything until it's downloaded whatever it needs and (3) I'll be working from home anyway so I can keep an eye on it while it's doing that anyway?

Oh who am I kidding, of course it is!

If you don't have the day off and post on here about your courier driver's name, did you really buy a new console? 

Got one through Game All Access - the queue system worked, Game's website was nice and quick when I got put through and completing the Klarna application and purchase was all done in 5 minutes.

Annoyingly I couldn't choose home delivery because it specified an order number, and god knows how you're supposed to have one of those before placing the order, so home delivery it is.

First launch day console since the Dreamcast.  How exciting.

1 minute ago, Doctor Shark said:

Also, and somewhat more importantly, fuck Ubisoft 

Ah yeah I'd totally forgotten Ubi were in the bin nowadays (I don't really follow gaming news!). Maybe not an AC pre-order then...

Orders from Argos successfully and the got an access all one from game (after it logged me out but got straight back in).  How easy is it to cancel pre-orders from Argos? Strange thing is even though I went through checkout with Argos Haven’t received an acknowledgment email a d nothing is showing within my order under my account 

17 minutes ago, Rob_Pulsar said:

Assign a charity on Smile and you can order an X.

Here's the link to do that:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/

Then order from here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/page/DF93B094-A534-4D89-8DF1-8DEC008203D4?ingress=0&visitId=98804914-82a0-40c6-8bd5-47ebf9183a61

Got one just before I had to leave for work. That saved a couple of the lads in my gaming group too. Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

AFAIK no Ubisoft games have been on GamePass. Valhalla won't be day one, I really can't see that.

ubi stuff has been on gamepass but it's generally pretty old titles and/or their smaller 'indie' type games. 

Just now, papalazarou said:

Orders from Argos successfully and the got an access all one from game (after it logged me out but got straight back in).  How easy is it to cancel pre-orders from Argos? Strange thing is even though I went through checkout with Argos Haven’t received an acknowledgment email a d nothing is showing within my order under my account 

Really easy via live chat, I cancelled a PS5 that way.

My other half managed to get one from argos paying by card but i couldnt get one with my argos card whatsoever. I think they might have been up to some shit.

What a world we live in...I'm sat here filing my broken tooth down with my daughter's nail file, because the dentist can't do fillings, but I've managed to order a Series X from amazon (even though I only wanted an S).

1 minute ago, papalazarou said:

Argos may have taken the money. 

5 minutes ago, Pob said:

Is anyone bothering looking at John Lewis? They are supposed to be one of the shops taking pre-orders but no mention of it anywhere.

I'd thought they were, apparently not though:

I managed to get an S via Argos.  Took me loads of attempts, it kept failing / kicking me back in the process but got there eventually.

Just now, Doctor Shark said:

Argos may have taken the money. 

Did it via pay pal credit with them and nothing showing on there either - will keep and eye on it this morning and give them a shout later via live chat to confirm it went though and the cancel - either way Got a series x :-)

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S - 11 days to go