Xbox Series X | S - 11 days to go

Took a notion to try and buy one direct from Microsoft at 8am but an hour later their site still won’t take payment. I’ve had the same order number for over a hour.

Now on Overclockers looking at graphics cards instead. :lol:

Just now, Flockheart said:

Seems pretty popular on Very

xbox_very.jpg

I'm surprised that the 'people watching' numbers aren't entirely generated by an algorithm that makes up the number based on what it thinks will get you to buy.

Smyths should be banned from being one of the All Access options. It was basically Game or nothing as their website just showed "There is no stock available for delivery" or "There is no stock available from your selected store" even at 8:01am. It's still showing the same thing. They had no queuing option and no way to tell if they even had any.

Why did they give the all access to Smyth's, utter incomprehensible. My wife agreed I could get one on all access, luckily she's understanding and let me dump 450 quid on one in the end as Smyth's let me down! 

1 minute ago, BeeJay said:

I'm surprised that the 'people watching' numbers aren't entirely generated by an algorithm that makes up the number based on what it thinks will get you to buy.

Maybe that's what currys queue system is doing, make people wait 5 minutes and telling them there are tens of thousands of people in front of them by which time they are guaranteed to buy it rather than hesitating about hitting the buy button? It would probably work!

3 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Mr Smyth slept in the morning and hasn't opened the shop yet. 

:lol:

They have one set of keys for the internet and Daryl left them in the pocket of his jacket at home. He's on his way on the bus with them now.

10 minutes ago, tronied said:

So, I've got through the Game All Access queue. I thought it was going far too well and clicked on the Xbox Series X option only to get "An error occurred loading the currently available bundles". Won't show me anything else and the retry button just shows the same thing. I've got a supposed 60 minutes to checkout, so I guess I'll just hang around and hope it comes back up before the time runs out.

Me too, could just be because Game website is now fubar

Just now, Jonnycash said:

What time will john lewis be letting you pre order them or have I missed it 

I don't reckon they will, they dropped off the official 'pre-order from these retailers' list.

The last time I was involved in pre-order fervour like this was the Wii. I managed to pick one up on launch day from Argos by walking in the door. I'm sure that there will be similar opportunities this time around.

1 minute ago, Kryptonian said:

What’s this about the S only going on Amazon later? I got one from MS but would’ve preferred Amazon for the customer service

They seemed to put the S consoles up only after the X consoles had sold out.

1 minute ago, Kryptonian said:

What’s this about the S only going on Amazon later? I got one from MS but would’ve preferred Amazon for the customer service

Yep, not sure if still available, but the s was available from amazon.

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S - happy pre order day!

This is a bigger shitshow than the PS5 pre-orders, Smyths were showing no consoles available immediately at 8am for All Access and haven't changed since, the Xbox Series X link takes you a register your interest page and has done since before 8am and at 8am, Game's website crashed, Argos allows you to put it in your basket and then fails to checkout, absolute joke.

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S - 11 days to go