Xbox Series X | S - 11 days to go

A heads up for anyone after a XSX that can get to Essex (SX?) to pick up, I have a spare pre-ordered. I’m hanging on to see what the fallout’s like and if anyone wants it. 

I’d need payment maybe the week before just so I can cover the money coming out when they ship. 

I cannot be fucked with posting it and don’t think I can change delivery addresses (and I’d be reluctant to in case there’s a problem) but I’m happy for you to come and get it. 

4 hours ago, mdn2 said:

For those looking to extend their Gamepass Ultimate subscriptions, CDKeys are selling 3 month codes for £18.99. I've just bought a couple and extended mine until Feb 2023. 

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/3-month-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-xbox-one-pc

Not sure what I did, but I seem to have only been given 2 months additional for my 3 month code.

Before:

image.thumb.png.ed689bdf461cbf126c7840dfd47082ff.png

After:

image.thumb.png.f8d08b2b2ef8c6631b5a784b4e553c8a.png

Something to do with having Game Pass on PC too?

Glad I only bought 1 code to try.

Just now, Rob_Pulsar said:

Not sure what I did, but I seem to have only been given 2 months additional for my 3 month code.

Before:

image.thumb.png.ed689bdf461cbf126c7840dfd47082ff.png

After:

image.thumb.png.f8d08b2b2ef8c6631b5a784b4e553c8a.png

Something to do with having Game Pass on PC too?

Glad I only bought 1 code to try.

No, you've had 3. American date format.

45 minutes ago, auntyclimax said:

The iPad Pro display is 120hz, and is a sight to behold - a huge difference.

How this scales to a 55" screen though, I'm not sure.

60Hz to 120Hz on my monitor is night and day, honestly. I'd take consistent 60Hz over variable between 60 and 90 say, but consistent 120Hz+ is amazing.

2 minutes ago, Rob_Pulsar said:

OMG - I'm a twat

To be fair, the real twats are the Americans for their fucking silly date format.

In other arbitrary month add on confusion, I unchecked the free extra month thing when adding my gold codes (which I shouldn't have done because I only added two and wouldn't have hit the limit) but seem to have been given them anyway now I've upgraded to GP. Which is nice.

Does anyone know if Series S owners will be able to play physical copies of games which we already own for the Xbox one? 

I'm going to keep my One S so will still have access to a disc drive. I'm hoping that smart delivery means that I'll be able to download a copy of the game on the series s?

Edit - I'm thinking of older 360 games etc. Will they be available to play on the series S or will they require the physical version. 

Edited by mintsauc313
26 minutes ago, Rob_Pulsar said:

OMG - I'm a twat

Just to confirm how much of a twat I am - I spend 90% of my day working with a client in the US, often discussing dates / writing emails with dates.  Knowing that, I studied the dashboard dates and was still convinced that I'd only been given 2 extra months! 

I guess I thought it'd gone from 2nd May to 5th July by applying some conversion malarkey. :doh:

23 minutes ago, teroman said:

CDKeys cancelled my first voucher order and has put the second "On Hold" since 9 this morning, grrr!

Might have to go elsewhere, I think this is the same thing in case any one else has similar issues:

https://www.shopto.net/en/dwnld46902-xbox-live-prepaid-12-month-gold-membership-card-p83275/

Thanks for this.

Just bought one and it worked fine. Went back to order a second and it tells me "This item can only be ordered 1 per customer."...  so I'll chance it with CD Keys for the next one/s.

15 minutes ago, mintsauc313 said:

Does anyone know if Series S owners will be able to play physical copies of games which we already own for the Xbox one? 

I'm going to keep my One S so will still have access to a disc drive. I'm hoping that smart delivery means that I'll be able to download a copy of the game on the series s?

Edit - I'm thinking of older 360 games etc. Will they be available to play on the series S or will they require the physical version. 

If you don't have a disc drive to validate that you own the game for the console you want to play on, then I don't know how that can work.

12 minutes ago, hub2 said:

Thanks for this.

Just bought one and it worked fine. Went back to order a second and it tells me "This item can only be ordered 1 per customer."...  so I'll chance it with CD Keys for the next one/s.

That's a pain. If CDKeys refund me again I think it'll be me, the wife and the cats all buying a code from ShopTo. All for different accounts of course.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

I definitely noticed the resolution hit on Hades Switch VS the PC one but it didn't bother me. I'm pretty sure people who claim to see differences between 120 frames and 60 would buy £300 power cable for an amp if they were audiophiles.

LCD and OLED both suffer with motion issues due to the sample and hold technique, 120 vs 60 is a night and day difference in clarity and the resolution you can actually see and as a bonus you also have less latency on each frame and the input itself - it’s a massive improvement and why pro players will turn everything down to hit the highest framerate possible, 144 being the minimum really....

VRR also eliminates tearing so can improve any game - as a tv upgrade you could argue it’s a better jump than 1080p to 4k is

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

LCD and OLED both suffer with motion issues due to the sample and hold technique, 120 vs 60 is a night and day difference in clarity and the resolution you can actually see and as a bonus you also have less latency on each frame and the input itself - it’s a massive improvement and why pro players will turn everything down to hit the highest framerate possible, 144 being the minimum really....

VRR also eliminates tearing so can improve any game - as a tv upgrade you could argue it’s a better jump than 1080p to 4k is

375197997_homerblink.gif.8e7f108e98f2b0a8831c92348c5a6ca1.gif

54 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Ah the fabled magic beans, what a load of nonsense.

I wasn’t paying much attention but it was to do with RDNA vs RDNA2 stuff and a video I watched as I fell into a YouTube well of videos comparing the s to the x - they were mentioning the new Resi game and the devs commenting on it but again I’m just a viewer with no understanding of all that stuff!

15 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I wasn’t paying much attention but it was to do with RDNA vs RDNA2 stuff and a video I watched as I fell into a YouTube well of videos comparing the s to the x - they were mentioning the new Resi game and the devs commenting on it but again I’m just a viewer with no understanding of all that stuff!

The RDNA vs RDNA2 stuff is just made up.  The PS5 isn't using some older version of AMD's tech.  PS/XBOX have their own tweaks on RDNA2.  How much better one is over the other is both guesswork and a bit meaningless given the differences it'll actual make in games.  "Have it at ye with my GPU cache scrubbers".  "Behold my mighty SFS".  Thus, the playground was won!

The Resi development difficulty is some nonsense spread by an 'insider' on Resetera who wanted to even the narrative when Xbox was suffering a bit.

The S's only performance advantage over PS5 may come from streaming.  Since it has less memory to fill, it's effective streaming rate ends being higher than the PS5's faster SSD. Under certain takes on what it might be streaming.  It's still all stuff and nonsense.

I can see online that Xbox one controllers are compatible with the S / X.

However, what i can't find is whether an old USB 360 pad will be?  I've got one of them and it'd be most useful if I can use that as a second pad for my incoming S...

6 minutes ago, Sixkiller said:

However, what i can't find is whether an old USB 360 pad will be?  I've got one of them and it'd be most useful if I can use that as a second pad for my incoming S...

No.

7 minutes ago, Sixkiller said:

360 pads aren't compatible with the Bone, so I doubt they'll be Series S/X compatible. 

On 22/09/2020 at 08:25, bear said:

I think I've secured one through the using the store on my One X. Doesn't have my Eircode (Irish postcode)in the delivery address so I'll need to contact support about that but thats a small hardship.

I'm fucking getting one! :D

So after checking my emails it looks like two of my attempts at ordering direct from Microsoft have gone through. It's odd that they'd let two orders from the same Microsoft account go through so that might need sorting out as well. 

Still, at the moment, I'm fucking getting two! :doh:

1 hour ago, hub2 said:

Thanks for this.

I just bought my codes from AO.com in the end, £40 a pop, arrived in about 10 mins

https://ao.com/product/s4t00026-xbox-one-gaming-accessories-white-68272-292.aspx

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S - 11 days to go