IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

Just further reason the Xbox naming convention is a nightmare.

"here johnny I bought you a game for your xbox"

"dad this is an xbox series x game"

"yeah that's what you've got isn't it?"

"no I have the xbox one x"

"that's what I said wasn't it"

"no I have a one x this is a series x"

"fuck off bill gates"

1 minute ago, Dudley said:

No, but two separate boxes.  That one won't work on a Bone.

Understood, because 2K are not doing the smart delivery thing?

I don’t care what anyone says, the naming convention is a mess. Given the lack of space on the Far Cry box art, what do we reckon the Series S is actually going to be called?

8 minutes ago, Gigawatt said:

I don’t care what anyone says, the naming convention is a mess. Given the lack of space on the Far Cry box art, what do we reckon the Series S is actually going to be called?

Xbox Series X Slim

18 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Xbox Series X is a bloody awful name for the next gen console.

I still can’t grasp it correctly 

but ok for a previous generation?

Let's face it, we've had, and will continue to have 4 types of console names:

The boring ones (by Sony).

The obscure ones (by Microsoft)

The stupid ones (Wii, WiiU, 64 doesn't make all that much sense to non-gamers, 360)

The Sega ones (wtf is a Dreamcast anyway...)

6 minutes ago, Gigawatt said:

Series XS?

To match it's (rumoured) beautifully small and perfectly cubical form factor.

That reminds me of another console, I wonder if it'll have a carry handle too...

On the box art, the ugly "Optimised for Series X" on NBA seems pointless since it doesn't play on anything else!

5 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

Another reason to go all digital next gen, horrid boxes.

As I mentioned in the PS5 thread, neither Sony or Microsoft are going to go out of there way to make buying physical discs an attractive option going forward. They want you to buy digital. But rather than force digital on the consumer and get horrendously bad PR, the consumer will buy digital via stealth tactics such as this. Sony have also gone one step further by making their disc based console a complete eyesore in comparison to the digital version.

Should have called them the Matrix and Bennett.

10 days. A prediction/wildest dream  a day 

1. Forza 8  - A joint collaboration between Turn 10 and Playground. Featuring all manner of new motorsports most notably dirt racing. Features some open world element either associated with certain tracks e.g. a city area for razzing about in or an offroad area offering rallying etc...up to 54 player races,  All cars accessible from pressing start. Cars no longer gated by money earned in game and the grind. It will look insanely good. 

untitled.png

2 hours ago, monkeydog said:

Xbox Series X Slim

Hang on, there’s a Series S?

Xbox

Xbox 360

Xbox One

Xbox One s

Xbox One x

Xbox Series s

Xbox Series X

did I get that right?

It’s absolute guff and before anyone says anything it really does matter. It’s Wii and Wii U levels of confusion.

6 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Xbox

Xbox 360

Xbox One

Xbox One s

Xbox One x

Xbox Series s

Xbox Series X

did I get that right?

It’s absolute guff and before anyone says anything it really does matter. It’s Wii and Wii U levels of confusion.

"Buy a game pass subscription, 100's of games that'll work on whatever console you have"   seems pretty straightforward.

or even better

"Buy a game pass ultimate subscription, 100's of games that'll work on whatever hardware you have, console, PC or mobile"

9 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Xbox

Xbox 360

Xbox One

Xbox One s

Xbox One x

Xbox Series s

Xbox Series X

did I get that right?

iPhone

iPhone Pro

iPhone Pro Max

iPhone SE

It's absolute guff and will lead to all manner of confusion! 

1 hour ago, Harrisown said:

Xbox

Xbox 360

Xbox One

Xbox One s

Xbox One x

Xbox Series s

Xbox Series X

did I get that right?

Imagine pretending to be confused by easily understood concepts to score internet points.

1 hour ago, Harrisown said:

Xbox

Xbox 360

Xbox One

Xbox One s

Xbox One x

Xbox Series s

Xbox Series X

did I get that right?

You missed the Xbox 360 Core, Xbox 360 Arcade, Xbox 360 Elite, Xbox 360 S, Xbox 360 E. It almost like all this nonsense has not been a problem at all.

Now let’s not get hasty here, the Nintendo 3DS did terribly because nobody knew it was a new system, while the similarly priced PlayStation Vita made a clean break from the PSP and made a fortune. Clearly brand clarity counts for a lot.

20 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

Should've gone Xbox One 360 

We all understand the naming convention but we should, this is an enthusiast's forum.

There's a reason the Switch isn't called the Switch-U, Wii-Switch or S-wii-itch

True, it’s why the Gameboy Advance did so badly. 

The naming convention is messy, in my opinion. 

The concept behind what Microsoft are doing is really cool but the way they’re communicating it with the names of the consoles is unclear and can’t get any easier as time marches on and progress demands new hardware revisions. 

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

True, it’s why the Gameboy Advance did so badly. 

To be fair we're comparing Xbox One X to Xbox Series X.

It's closer to the GBA having been called the GB Colour DX, and of course when nintendo have pulled that trick, eg - DSi, it was effectively the same system.

27 minutes ago, Popo said:

The naming convention is messy, in my opinion. 

The concept behind what Microsoft are doing is really cool but the way they’re communicating it with the names of the consoles is unclear and can’t get any easier as time marches on and progress demands new hardware revisions. 

I do wonder if the general buying public give a shit though. I mean, as long as it plays their current games and runs the new Halo and Call of Duty and Fifa etc, then I'm guessing most of them will be perfectly happy with whatever machine they pick up. 

Folks seem to be content with buying Polaroid 4k TVs in Asda as their main machines these days, so I'm guessing a large proportion will just sit down, play the thing and not worry.

Quite honestly, I wish I was like that sometimes. Playing Let's Dance 2021 on the Wii on my shitty old CRT, whilst swigging a Special Brew. 

Or possibly a nice 2 litre bottle of Cider.

Hmm.