Jump to content

Xbox Series X | S


djbhammer
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, rafaqat said:

Really feels like there's still a sizeable number of people on this forum that don't get what GamePass offers.  

 

My best friend is a huge Xbox fan. It's his main console. He buys everything including those massive, full of random stuff, special editions that just sit on a shelf gathering dust.

 

I asked him if he had GamePass and he said he didn't as he doesn't see the point! He pays for Gold but I couldn't seem.to get him to understand the benefit of GP. Whereas I don't own any Xbox One physical games and, with the exception of a few games I bought before GP started or the few games I've bought in a sale that aren't on GP, use it as my main means of enjoying games on the system.

 

I wonder if I explained it to his missus she'd stop him buying overpriced LE and make him subscribe. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It might just be that people understand  perfectly well what gamepass is , but the offer isn’t enough to convince people to buy an Xbox if they don’t already have one. 


not sure that one or two people asking what gamepass is equates to a “sizeable number “

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

It might just be that people understand  perfectly well what gamepass is , but the offer isn’t enough to convince people to buy an Xbox if they don’t already have one. 


not sure that one or two people asking what gamepass is equates to a “sizeable number “

 

Given that some days it feels like there about 10 actual xbox owners on this forum of normally well informed individuals I'd say that some of it is down to not getting the message across.

Plenty have said that it's not enough to tempt them to buy an xbox and that's fair enough. If your Nintendo or PS4 gives you all you want to play why care about another 200 odd games becoming available to you.

I'm talking about the one's that I've seen over the last few months repeatedly state that it won't have any First Party titles on it.  A fundamental misunderstanding I would say and one that I would hope MS would look into. If that All first party games launch day one on GamePass message isn't being picked up by some rllmuk gamers I wonder how many other people have no idea.   My sisters and brothers certainly didn't and their kids use Xbox as their primary gaming platform.  They were mighty happy to find that for 60-90 quid they could have 3 years of gaming for their kids with the odd purchase of a COD or Fifa if needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've said it before and it didn't go down especially well but I'll repeat the point:

 

I think Game Pass is a fantastic proposition but I play relatively few games on it because I've already played what I'm interested in elsewhere. That said, over the last six months or so I've basically stopped buying indie games on Switch because I know they'll be on GP sooner or later, and so it's proven. Likewise, I'll probably not buy many/any AA games elsewhere now because they inevitably appear on GP. Until I made that decision, though, it wasn't worth too much to me despite recognising its objective value.

 

I currently have Neon Abyss and Carrion installed, which would have cost me probably thirty quid together on the Switch, so I guess that's covered the next three months of GP even if nothing else appears. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the best way Microsoft can "win" this generation is to buy up shitloads more studios and fund the hell out of them then put their output on gamepass for Xbox/PC. They could even release them on PS5 for full price to continue playing the good guys,  but most people will know where the better deal is. Focusing on up and coming studios in cheaper territories might allow them to find the next CDPR if they place enough bets. Finding studios making games with crossover PC/Console appeal with a diverse range of genres is important too.

 

If I was them, I'd be looking at:

 

Larian (Divinity, Baldur's Gate 3)

Remedy (Alan Wake, Control etc)

4A Games (Metro Series)

Mobius Digital (Outer Wilds)

House House (Untitled goose game)

Asobo (Plague Tale, Flight Simulator X)

Lucas Pope (Obra Dinn)

IO Interactive (Hitman)

11bit Studios (Frostpunk)

Fatshark (Vermintide)

Villa Gorilla (Yoku's Island)

Warhorse Studios (Kingdom Come Deliverance)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 5R7 said:

good grief, what is with the comparing the series X early launch trailer stuff to sonys output 5 years after the console came out!?!

 

Lets compare what sony launched in the first 2 years instead...whats that...not alot...yep thats right! (maybe bloodbourne? which really, is a  third party console exclusive)

 

So what did the ps5 trailer have...a slightly shinier spiderman...and ratchet and clank...that didnt look much better than the ps4 game, but with some really low res reflections, along with gt, with some really low res reflections...

 

Maybe...just maybe...we should see what comes out in 2,3...5 years, and then comapre. Ya know, when devs have had time to learn the hardware...and actually make the games.

 

Its always the same at the start for a couple years, everything is cross gen, or, looks like it could be!

People are comparing it because we’ve waited a whole generation for MS to show its hand and give us some honest to goodness incredible AAA games the likes we’ve enjoyed from Sony and Nintendo. It doesn’t matter when PS4 came out, especially when you consider that these are, at literally a base level, Xbox One games. 
 

At least the PS5 showcase presented games actually running on the console on which they are to be released later this year - I’m not a massive Ratchet & Clank fan either but it absolutely blew away anything MS showed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Moz said:

I think the best way Microsoft can "win" this generation is to buy up shitloads more studios and fund the hell out of them then put their output on gamepass for Xbox/PC. They could even release them on PS5 for full price to continue playing the good guys,  but most people will know where the better deal is. Focusing on up and coming studios in cheaper territories might allow them to find the next CDPR if they place enough bets. Finding studios making games with crossover PC/Console appeal with a diverse range of genres is important too.

 

If I was them, I'd be looking at:

 

Larian (Divinity, Baldur's Gate 3)

Remedy (Alan Wake, Control etc)

4A Games (Metro Series)

Mobius Digital (Outer Wilds)

House House (Untitled goose game)

Asobo (Plague Tale, Flight Simulator X)

Lucas Pope (Obra Dinn)

IO Interactive (Hitman)

11bit Studios (Frostpunk)

Fatshark (Vermintide)

Villa Gorilla (Yoku's Island)

Warhorse Studios (Kingdom Come Deliverance)


of those the only likely one is asobo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, the_debaser said:

Is game pass really that big of a deal? 
 

I don’t have it but you don’t get new release AAA games on it from launch do you? And it looks like it’s £11 a month. 
 

A big part of the excitement in gaming is playing a brand new hyped new game at the same time as your friends and other people. Until big releases form part of game pass it seems an odd thing to be banking on or excited by. 


All first party Microsoft games come to it day one. Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5, Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, The Outer Worlds, Ori.

 

Sometimes third party games come day one as well, but they tend to be smaller - Streets of Rage 4, for example. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Gamepass is the greatest gaming occasion in years. Its like an all you can eat buffet. 

 

you overdo it on the first visit, end up with too much on your plate, and wish you'd worn looser trousers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, the_debaser said:

Is game pass really that big of a deal? 
 

I don’t have it but you don’t get new release AAA games on it from launch do you? And it looks like it’s £11 a month. 
 

A big part of the excitement in gaming is playing a brand new hyped new game at the same time as your friends and other people. Until big releases form part of game pass it seems an odd thing to be banking on or excited by. 


flight simulator next month?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SeanR said:

 

you overdo it on the first visit, end up with too much on your plate, and wish you'd worn looser trousers?

I'm talking you starve yourself all day and dive head first into the mother fucker. Youv got pasta, pizza, chicken wings, garlic bread, steak all on one plate and you don't even know where to start. You obliterate the first course then you spot the Chinese food section too. Once you nail a plate of noodles, chicken, tofu you feel full but there's still the dessert section. Wolf some down and before you know it your two hour window is up and your kicked out. 

 

You are so satisfied with what you had and now you know the route and what to dip into next time and how to plan your time better. 

 

That is game pass. A beautifully orchestrated buffet full of decent quality items and the odd splashing of shit undercooked rubber random meat platters. 

 

And it costs you a quid 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/07/2020 at 22:03, Moz said:

I don't know why I got so excited about Stalker 2 when it was announced 2 years ago. Nice to see some in game stuff though. 

 Because back then it remained to be seen whether it would actually amount to something. It's Stalker FFS, it's gameworld FFS, there's nothing guaranteed. But seeing it at the Microsoft streaming conference and seeing it's coming to game pass - confirmation that it's actually happening! We can finally get excited!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ry said:

Has there been any word on the games from this gen that are getting an upgrade? 

 

I think I heard FH4 is getting 4k 60 buts that's all I heard. 

According to The Verge:

 

Quote

Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5, Ori, Sea of Thieves, and Gears Tactics are getting Xbox Series X upgrades

 

  • Forza Horizon 4 is getting “higher fidelity graphics,” 4K / 60fps gameplay, Quick Resume, and faster load times
  • Gears 5 will see faster load times, Quick Resume, and “Ultra” setting 4K HDR graphics for both campaign and multiplayer modes
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps is getting higher-fidelity graphics and faster performance (120fps / 4K HDR / 120Hz)
  • Sea of Thieves will “take advantage” of the “advanced hardware” on the Xbox Series X, although Microsoft didn’t give specific details. It is the only one in the group to have a more specific release date, though: the optimized upgrade will be available on launch day alongside the Series X.
  • Gears Tactics will offer 4K / 60fps gameplay

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mogster said:

According to The Verge:

 

 

 

I'm a little confused about gears tactics. It is currently only available on pc so the 4k 60Hz confuses me. I can only assume that the game will come to Xbox series X and Xbox one, either before series X launch or after. I had assumed that the first console version of gears tactics would be series X anyway, with possibly a cut back version on one. Maybe the console release is sooner than I expected.

 

Edit: official line is still 'later in 2020' for the console release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Cyberpunk.

 

See this confuses me. They say they are bringing out an upgraded version at launch but the true series X upgrade won't be available until next year. 

 

I'm not sure I can hang off until next year :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

 

I'm a little confused about gears tactics. It is currently only available on pc so the 4k 60Hz confuses me. I can only assume that the game will come to Xbox series X and Xbox one, either before series X launch or after. I had assumed that the first console version of gears tactics would be series X anyway, with possibly a cut back version on one. Maybe the console release is sooner than I expected.

 

It's due out on the One X at some point this year, I believe. Microsoft have a store page for it:

 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/gears-tactics-xbox/9pfn8j3v7g54?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.