IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

18 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I'd love a doofer that gives me a Push To Talk function. Like the back button attachment for the PS4 pad but not useless.

Use the big mute button on the controller attachment that used to come with the machines?

On 22/08/2020 at 19:07, SweatyTravolta said:

As an owner of PSVR, they're still not wrong. That trademarked PSVR shimmer is crippling and some might also say that having to use Move controllers renders it unplayable before it's even been switched on. It's so sad that some of the best experiences are locked to the worst hardware.

The Move controllers thing is incredibly frustrating. They've had 4 years to introduce decent VR controllers now. As soon as it became clear that the system was going to be at minimum a minor success worthy of a successor, they should have bitten the bullet and at least given us Moves with thumbsticks. It probably seemed like a big decision at the time to introduce yet another controller, but they could have locked into a solution early on and be well out the other side of any annoyance for customers by now. What we have now is far, far more irritating than 'having' to buy another controller.

PSVR2 is going to be an interesting one. The power will finally be there to do VR justice in terms of display resolution... but do they go wired or wireless? (Sorry for the derail, just noticed we're in the Series X thread. :lol:)

6 minutes ago, Purin said:

Use the big mute button on the controller attachment that used to come with the machines?

You still have to take your thumb off something rather than using one of the fingers that's not dowing owt at the back of the pad. Plus it's a toggle rather than hold. Plus plus you can only buy the turtle beach variant or a knock off for a reasonable amount of money.

I used the Sony WM2s (now using WM4s) with the below mic cable into the chat dongle.

Works very, very well. You can still use noise cancelling or allow ambient sounds in too. Or hold your hand over the right ear piece to mute sound if you need to converse with someone there with you.

(Did I mention I'm selling the WM2s? ;))

71352XmOQWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

3 hours ago, Gigawatt said:

Just my noise cancelling Bose Quietcomfort 25s that I’ve had for a few years. They’re comfy enough and the sound quality is good enough for me. I can wear glasses with them but they still encapsulate the ears fully. I don’t think the mic works in game (it’s effectively for iPhone) but that’s not a factor for me. 

I think if you get the replacement audio cable with remote for Android, that works with PS4/Xbox/etc. Might be worth looking in to.

1 hour ago, Pug said:

I used the Sony WM2s (now using WM4s) with the below mic cable into the chat dongle.

Works very, very well. You can still use noise cancelling or allow ambient sounds in too. Or hold your hand over the right ear piece to mute sound if you need to converse with someone there with you.

(Did I mention I'm selling the WM2s? ;))

71352XmOQWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Where do you get them from?  Or is it the unbranded £20 one from Amazon?  Is that the exact one you bought (basically, is it decent quality etc.)

I have a pair of Philips Fidelio X2 I use for gaming sometimes, and rely on the Playstation Eye for a mic at the moment, but this is obviously a neater solution, just not sure on the cost, especially unbranded...

I also spotted the V-Moda BoomPro which seems to review well online, but looks a little ugly...

Yeah, it's this unbranded one. Well they didn't have the model aimed at Sony WMs when I bought mine so I had to whittle a little plastic off the mic end jack. But the one I've linked I presume is perfect.

Very good quality, braided so hard wearing. Never had probs with not being heard. It's worth the £20 IMO.

Oh yeah, it comes with two foam mic covers that come off quite easy. I just used a glue dot to permanently attach it.

The guy who did some pretty good technical breakdowns on the XsX GPU and features has decided to give it up.

If you read the thread, he has had death threats and and threats against his daughter. What the actual fuck is wrong with a section of 'gamers'.

43 minutes ago, layten said:

If you read the thread, he has had death threats and and threats against his daughter. What the actual fuck is wrong with a section of 'gamers'.

Yeah, I remember commenting on this a couple of months ago.  I guess he thought it would blow over and it didn't.  Depressing as fuck. 

But @Broker told us it was Xbox fanboys that were the worst. :sherlock:

In all seriousness though, there are some seriously messed up people on both sides of the fence. I just like to think that they’re a very small vocal minority and generally gamers are ok. I’m pretty sure we don’t have any people like that on here.

2 minutes ago, Broker said:

You are. See how you feel the need to bring personal stuff into your sad Xbox stuff? You don’t need to personally go for a little snipe against me but you do. 

What? It was a joke mate, based on your unfounded bias that Xbox fans were the worst. I’m not arsed in the slightest who prefers which console. I own them all and I’ll continue to do that while there are games I want on each system.

35 minutes ago, JPL said:

What? It was a joke mate, based on your unfounded bias that Xbox fans were the worst. I’m not arsed in the slightest who prefers which console. I own them all and I’ll continue to do that while there are games I want on each system.

Sure, and that's why you feel the need to bring up my saying the bad thing about the xbox people in an unrelated conversation weeks later. Solid way to make your argument that xbox people aren't weirdly obsessive, by making personal attacks against people you think have wronged the cause.

15 minutes ago, Broker said:

Sure, and that's why you feel the need to bring up my saying the bad thing about the xbox people in an unrelated conversation weeks later. Solid way to make your argument that xbox people aren't weirdly obsessive, by making personal attacks against people you think have wronged the cause.

Oh dear. You seem to be very upset by me bringing up your daft statement. I didn’t do it to snipe or personally insult you, but we both know it was a load of bollocks and I thought it illustrated the point that there are nutters on both sides of the fence quite well and that one side isn’t any better or worse than the other. Not meaning you, of course.

Look, you don’t need to feel that you have to put your flag in the ground over a games console. Just buy them all and enjoy everything they have to offer. They’ve all been absolutely excellent this gen - Sony with their exclusives, MS with Gamepass and backwards compatibility and Nintendo doing their own brilliant thing as usual and I hope that continues into this coming gen.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I certainly don’t feel that either side is crazier than the other. They both have their nutters, but as I said, I think this place is a good safe haven from the kind of people that are mentioned in that guys Twitter thread. It’s just a shame that there’s a vocal minority of idiots out there.

Edit: I only tagged you in it because I thought you’d see the funny side. Obviously not.

13 minutes ago, Broker said:

Seriously? It's fine to call me out in a random thread because of fanboy bullshit but I'm not allowed to talk about that? 

You weren't "called out", it was obviously a light-hearted rib-poke at most. Chill fella.

2 hours ago, layten said:

The guy who did some pretty good technical breakdowns on the XsX GPU and features has decided to give it up.

Not surprised.  Over on hotukdeals when they posted about the refurb deal it took all of 3 pages to degenerate into a ps5/xbox argument.

26 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

I can barely be arsed to click on the thread, such is my apathy. 

I dip in here very rarely in the hope of seeing what's what with the new console and always, without fail, there is some infantile spat going on. 

As amazing as it is tragic given that it is not kids, it's adults arguing about brands of consumer electronics.

4 minutes ago, Robo_1 said:

Personal call outs are generally discouraged. One members light ribbing is another members unnecessary needling. Broker clearly doesn't care to be drawn into this, so let's move on.

Fair enough. No offence meant.

3 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I dip in here very rarely, in the hope of seeing what's what with the new console and, always without fail, there is some infantile spat going on. 

As amazing as it is tragic given that it is not kids, it's adults arguing about brands of consumer electronics.

Yeah, I agree. I don’t know why people get so tribalistic over it. There must be something psychological about it, like supporting a football team or something.

At this stage it’s not even people getting territorial about consoles. Nobody’s arguing about specs or games that I’ve really seen. It’s people getting in to bickering matches about each other’s supposed bias about those things, completely free of an actual conversations about the subjects themselves.