Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

15 minutes ago, Broker said:

Sure, and that's why you feel the need to bring up my saying the bad thing about the xbox people in an unrelated conversation weeks later. Solid way to make your argument that xbox people aren't weirdly obsessive, by making personal attacks against people you think have wronged the cause.

Oh dear. You seem to be very upset by me bringing up your daft statement. I didn’t do it to snipe or personally insult you, but we both know it was a load of bollocks and I thought it illustrated the point that there are nutters on both sides of the fence quite well and that one side isn’t any better or worse than the other. Not meaning you, of course.

Look, you don’t need to feel that you have to put your flag in the ground over a games console. Just buy them all and enjoy everything they have to offer. They’ve all been absolutely excellent this gen - Sony with their exclusives, MS with Gamepass and backwards compatibility and Nintendo doing their own brilliant thing as usual and I hope that continues into this coming gen.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I certainly don’t feel that either side is crazier than the other. They both have their nutters, but as I said, I think this place is a good safe haven from the kind of people that are mentioned in that guys Twitter thread. It’s just a shame that there’s a vocal minority of idiots out there.

Edit: I only tagged you in it because I thought you’d see the funny side. Obviously not.

13 minutes ago, Broker said:

Seriously? It's fine to call me out in a random thread because of fanboy bullshit but I'm not allowed to talk about that? 

You weren't "called out", it was obviously a light-hearted rib-poke at most. Chill fella.

2 hours ago, layten said:

The guy who did some pretty good technical breakdowns on the XsX GPU and features has decided to give it up.

If you read the thread, he has had death threats and and threats against his daughter. What the actual fuck is wrong with a section of 'gamers'.

Not surprised.  Over on hotukdeals when they posted about the refurb deal it took all of 3 pages to degenerate into a ps5/xbox argument.

19 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

Not surprised.  Over on hotukdeals when they posted about the refurb deal it took all of 3 pages to degenerate into a ps5/xbox argument.

If it can happen at hotukdeals, it could happen anywhere. 

Be on guard, guys.

26 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

I can barely be arsed to click on the thread, such is my apathy. 

I dip in here very rarely in the hope of seeing what's what with the new console and always, without fail, there is some infantile spat going on. 

As amazing as it is tragic given that it is not kids, it's adults arguing about brands of consumer electronics.

4 minutes ago, Robo_1 said:

Personal call outs are generally discouraged. One members light ribbing is another members unnecessary needling. Broker clearly doesn't care to be drawn into this, so let's move on.

Fair enough. No offence meant.

3 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I dip in here very rarely, in the hope of seeing what's what with the new console and, always without fail, there is some infantile spat going on. 

As amazing as it is tragic given that it is not kids, it's adults arguing about brands of consumer electronics.

Yeah, I agree. I don’t know why people get so tribalistic over it. There must be something psychological about it, like supporting a football team or something.

At this stage it’s not even people getting territorial about consoles. Nobody’s arguing about specs or games that I’ve really seen. It’s people getting in to bickering matches about each other’s supposed bias about those things, completely free of an actual conversations about the subjects themselves.

1 minute ago, Alex W. said:

At this stage it’s not even people getting territorial about consoles. Nobody’s arguing about specs or games that I’ve really seen. It’s people getting in to bickering matches about each other’s supposed bias about those things, completely free of an actual conversations about the subjects themselves.

I’ve held my hands up. I shouldn’t have tagged broker, no matter how light hearted it was meant.

MS and Sony just need to give us some more info now. As Stu says, launch date, games and price please.

10 minutes ago, JPL said:

I’ve held my hands up. I shouldn’t have tagged broker, no matter how light hearted it was meant.

MS and Sony just need to give us some more info now. As Stu says, launch date, games and price please.

You have before tagged me in loads of stuff, feeling like you're goading and stirring up conflict. 

It's really, really annoying. I'd suggest being a bit more considerate before doing so. 

1 hour ago, Alex W. said:

you're saying we're bickering about the things we'll bicker about, once we know what to bicker about?

It's basically just "your vacuous hole of assumption and hearsay is definitely deeper, darker and has less games than my vacuous hole of assumption and hearsay". :quote:

How anyone can get caught up enough to send a death threat about anything to do with gaming is actually insane.

On 24/08/2020 at 14:04, Pug said:

Yeah, it's this unbranded one. Well they didn't have the model aimed at Sony WMs when I bought mine so I had to whittle a little plastic off the mic end jack. But the one I've linked I presume is perfect.

Very good quality, braided so hard wearing. Never had probs with not being heard. It's worth the £20 IMO.

Oh yeah, it comes with two foam mic covers that come off quite easy. I just used a glue dot to permanently attach it.

Massive thanks on this. Ordered the boom pros from amazon and now I'm using my sony wh-1000xm3's as my gaming headset! 

I've just had the misfortune to read the PS5 topic, The amount of FUD and sheer incorrect 'assumptions' about this launch is incredible. It reads like a bunch of people trying to justify a purchase while having zero clue about what's actually coming elsewhere.

If you're going to talk about something do the decent thing and educate yourself first instead of spreading bad information. There's some fifty titles coming in this launch window. There's not going to be a shortage of things to play.

There's going to be exclusives, remasters, Games running at 120fps, A large selection of day one Game Pass titles. I'm looking forward to trying The Falconeer, Ascent and seeing if there's an enhanced version of Hot Pursuit if the date of Nov 13 is true.

Guys please stop spreading so much shite in other topics. It helps no one.

Good for you, I was looking forward to Halo and Flight Sim in order to justify buying a Series X at launch, and after Halo being delayed indefinitely I’d have settled for Flight Sim but there’s no clear indication when that’s coming either - I’d also really appreciate it if they’d show some games running on the new hardware just to give us a sense what it’s capable of and to whet our appetite. 

From memory, I don't think Flight Simulator was ever touted as coming anytime near release of the console, was it? I'm sure Asobo said they were concentrating on the PC release before they even though about the Series X version. It'll be a while off. 

I have to say (as someone that will buy one anyway) that MS are blowing this launch. With the bone they misread the market - with this one they seem frozen - - scared stiff of presenting anything that could be considered anti-consumer. To the point they are hobbling their new console.   

There Is NO hype. No exclusive games worthy of mention. No demonstrable power difference between this gen and the next. And No desire to let people know why they should upgrade. 

Maybe this is progressive and precisely what the market needs. But fuck me it’s unexciting....

I'm set on buying an XsX and before Microsoft started doing its livestreams I was far more excited about the XsX than the PS5. But they've completely killed any excitement people might have had. You'd think they would want to build hype, instead they had the grand total of one big system seller to unveil, which looked bad for a lastgen game, and got subsequently delayed. I'm still in of course, but as bad as Sony is doing at least they still have Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, and Ratchet shortly after. I *know* the XsX will be my favoured place to play multiplatforms, that it will have the most comfortable controller, it will have game pass, and the best BC - but at the moment Microsoft is not doing well in marketing any of that or generating any hype.