Xbox Series X | S

12 minutes ago, JPL said:

Of course it was planned. The way they had all the info and videos ready as soon as they fessed up was far too convenient.

Of course they had the videos and info ready. That’s what leaked - they couldn’t possibly have leaked otherwise! 

I assume that they were planning to show it off later this month and you don’t throw together your promo stuff the day before.

4 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Of course they had the videos and info ready. That’s what leaked - they couldn’t possibly have leaked otherwise! 

I assume that they were planning to show it off later this month and you don’t throw together your promo stuff the day before.

Oh right, I thought it was just the price and a couple of stills that got leaked*. They also didn’t seem too bothered about it, so I’m more inclined to think they knew what was going on.

*I was still half asleep this morning when I heard the news.

Just now, JPL said:

Oh right, I thought it was just the price and a couple of stills that got leaked. They also didn’t seem too bothered about it, so I’m more inclined to think they knew what was going on.

They probably at least had a contingency plan, Xbox has been leaking like a sieve for a decade.

20 minutes ago, JPL said:

Of course it was planned. The way they had all the info and videos ready as soon as they fessed up was far too convenient.

They were planning an event at the end of Aug and postponed it to this month. The material would have been good to go.   That's not a reason to assume it was a leak.  I'm not saying is wasn't a marketing ploy.  Well handled either way.

I think a journalist who knew the leaker said it wasn't a controlled leak, it's not like S wasn't confirmed via leaks from a variety of sources for a while anyway.

The only thing that hasn't been leaked this gen has been the physical designs of the consoles.

Just now, RubberJohnny said:

I think a journalist who knew the leaker said it wasn't a controlled leak, it's not like S wasn't confirmed via leaks from a variety of sources for a while anyway.

The only thing that hasn't been leaked this gen has been the physical designs of the consoles.

Probably someone tried to leak the PS5 and nobody believed them.

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

Straight after Playstation said we're just doing some VR stuff this week, no nextgen

I dunno that showing up around a damp squib of a PS games event is all that helpful to them really. Compared to this leaking on the eve of the PS5 launch details (which would look quite prosaic in comparison) or something.

8 minutes ago, robdood said:

Why does it have a speaker in side?

How else would you hear what the projector (that is no doubt under the flap) was showing?

1 minute ago, Alex W. said:

I dunno that showing up around a damp squib of a PS games event is all that helpful to them really. Compared to this leaking on the eve of the PS5 launch details (which would look quite prosaic in comparison) or something.

Eh, maybe you're right I'm just thinking out loud :D It's fun having some actual new and useful info from either of them to discuss though

1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Eh, maybe you're right I'm just thinking out loud :D It's fun having some actual new and useful info from either of them to discuss though

Yes, finally we’re getting to the good stuff.

If it is a leak, how do leaks like this happen? Surely it won’t be difficult to figure out where the info’s come from and I presume whoever it is will be NDA’d up to the eyeballs. Would it really be worth anyone’s time risking a multimillion dollar lawsuit just to tell a few people about the look and price of a new console? What would be in it for them?

1 minute ago, JPL said:

If it is a leak, how do leaks like this happen? Surely it won’t be difficult to figure out where the info’s come from and I presume whoever it is will be NDA’d up to the eyeballs. Would it really be worth anyone’s time risking a multimillion dollar lawsuit just to tell a few people about the look and price of a new console? What would be in it for them?

I mean in the last month we had a leak of a Sony ad campaign from the studio working on the ad, a leak about the controller from a guy who bold as brass said "it's OK, my company works with Sony on the controller" on twitter, under his real name.

People like leaks, others like being insiders with cool info, some just aren't very clever.

• Mr Tony changed the title to Xbox Series S - £249 - 10 November. Get ready for 8am Tue.
  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic