Xbox Series X | S

6 minutes ago, Disgraced Toblerone said:

I really thought this would come sooner than that.

And I would have been much more positive about it a couple of years ago. 

But there is something I absolutely hate about Netflix (or Apple Music) : it's when something disappears without a warning. It happens a lot. I hate it, and actually I'm buying physical again to avoid that.

GamePass has been around for more than a couple of years, so not really sure what you mean there.

And, you can buy any game at a discounted price before it leaves GamePass if you want to keep it.

Just now, JPL said:

GamePass has been around for more than a couple of years, so not really sure what you mean there.

And, you can buy any game at a discounted price before it leaves GamePass if you want to keep it.

I mean I didn’t use any subscription based business model before - always bought things physical and never on a contract (I somewhat fear being tied to something).

And if you can buy before it disappears it’s excellent.

8 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

I think so:

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass#join

I did this a few months back. I had about a year to go on my Gold, paid £1 and then bought two years subs which then got all converted to Ultimate. Unreal.

Thanks. Im due to run out ultimate at end of month. Going to buy a couple months gold and upgrade. 

I have it still works for previous ultimate members. 

6 minutes ago, Quest said:

Game Pass usually gives a two week notice of things that are leaving. That's always been enough for me.

Agreed. It also helps that the post-loss care is better than Netflix (Not really Apple Music because of iTunes) - As JPL says, when something's leaving, it will push the game at a discount.

Also, if you're lucky, that game would have gone through the ringer on CD Key shops because they couldn't sell the game at RRP while it's on Game Pass, meaning a bit of research will end up with you picking something up for a pittance. Alternatively, it will end up being picked up by another monthly premium scheme.

Good example - Vampyr. Was on Game Pass, left Game Pass, Ended up on Humble Monthly with a bunch of other games for a tenner. Obviously, YMMV with consoles, but I'd imagine there's a similar pattern.

9 minutes ago, Disgraced Toblerone said:

I mean I didn’t use any subscription based business model before - always bought things physical and never on a contract (I somewhat fear being tied to something).

And if you can buy before it disappears it’s excellent.

GamePass doesn't stop you from buying the games you really like. It just gives you the ability to play them for many, many months.

10 minutes ago, Escaped said:

If you realise it's leaving. I had to pay the full £25 for Golf Club 2 after it failed to load one day.

You get a notification on your console and if you install the game pass app, also on your phone. It's really not a thing.

20 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Fully expect both PS5s to launch at £350 now. 

Why? They dont need to, everyone (including Sony) know the PS5 will sell fine regardless of Xbox pricing.

2 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

GamePass doesn't stop you from buying the games you really like. It just gives you the ability to play them for many, many months.

Oh I get that. And it's really a minor annoyance on game pass by the look of it.

But, but I get totally frustrated (and quite irrationally I know) when AppleMusic tells me that a song appears to have disappeared from the app. Even when it's a song I don't like that much. Even if it's a song I already own on vinyl and cd. 

/rant over.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

You get a notification on your console and if you install the game pass app, also on your phone. It's really not a thing.

For whatever reason I didn't notice the warning that time. I do find the tiled dash a load of convoluted nonsense. It also bugs me that I can't permanently assign separate profiles to my controllers under one gamertag.

5 hours ago, Dudley said:

If they don't run on Xbox One they won't run on Xbox Series.

Oh crap don’t they?

I skipped this gen, I thought it was the disc games that had a list of compatible games and the digital news were all gravy <_<

Geez, I've gone from day 1 to leave it to back to day 1! :D  

Very happy with price, EA play addition for my Ultimate, Dirt being day 1 now too with all the extra shinies.  Still got my One X to sell for cash/trade in so that makes it even better.

Roll on 22 September and 10 November. 8-)

:sealclap:

Well played Microsoft. After dropping the ball massively the past 6 weeks or so they really have picked it up again and given it a good punt the past couple of days. I can see myself almost definitely getting a launch Xbox now (not sure which after the X prices were announced) when this time last week I wasn't going to bother (or maybe pick up a cheap used/refurb One X) and stick with just a PS5.

I'm surprised they haven't opened pre-orders straight away though to stop people thinking too much.

2 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

Geez, I've gone from day 1 to leave it to back to day 1! :D Roll on 22 September. 8-)

You are not alone! Having a drive is essential for me,  so it's the X or nowt.  New shinies,  new gamepass additions, it's the looking tempting again....

15 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

Good point, it'll be interesting to see how the install sizes differ, maybe the X drive should be considered as more similar to the S than the numbers suggest. 

750GB for £270 might've been more appealing to some. I suspect that'd be a more equivalent size. Add a drive for £300 and wow.

1 hour ago, cassidy said:

I may be all in with that xbox all access deal. Thats cheap enough for me and I wasn't even considering the upgrade this year until now. 

Yes tempted to go for a Series S on All Access. I can use GPU on the PC too and it now has x-Stream beta included. Now with EA Play. What is there not to like about this. Incredible value for £20.99 a month. 

I think MS have played a blinder here. I'll most lightly be signing up for this at some point next year for sure. Although must say I'm tempted to sell of the PS4 Pro I have and just get a pre-order in for this now. 

20 minutes ago, Butters said:

So if I go for the All Access option for the X, will the two years of Ultimate I currently already have be added to the 24 I'm going to get from AA?

From what I understand, you can only stack up to 36 months ahead. I also face this dilemma!

• Mr Tony changed the title to Xbox Series S - £249 - 10 November. Get ready for 8am Tue.
  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic