Xbox Series X | S

1 minute ago, hombre_hompson said:

So I got so far on Smyths. Completed the Klana application and then the site crashed. Have an email saying the direct debit is set up :o

I've got three of those now. I think they're denying the application because I set one up with GAME earlier as the website crashed. lol

Just now, hombre_hompson said:

So I got so far on Smyths. Completed the Klana application and then the site crashed. Have an email saying the direct debit is set up :o

This happened to me too - called Klarna who didn't seem to have any record of it. Checked my bank account and nothing there either but need to keep an eye on it as I'm not confident they won't charge me.

17 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

All Access was a complete and utter shit show then. Such a shame as it's a great deal but surely they could see having it at just 2 retailers and not only that but 2 of the most inept retailers in the country was a recipe for disaster? MS should really have partnered up with Klarna and done it direct, presumably they palmed it off to avoid the burden of the inevitable customer service nightmare.

EDIT: Oh well, maybe not. Good luck everyone!

All Access was always going to be a much better arrangement once the consoles are able to be freely purchased. I always thought trying to run this scheme at the same time as regular pre-orders was a fool's errand.  Perhaps they should have blocked off a section of the allocation for All Access orders and opened them up on a different day. 

I suppose, as discussed, the outsourcing of the credit and distribution means Microsoft merely provide the stock and let Game and Smyths do the selling however they choose to do it. 

Since neither of them could keep their websites online for the day, one assumes they may have bitten off more than they can chew. 

I could just buy one outright but I don't really want one that much. Which means I probably shouldn't spend £28.99 a month on one really. That's the cost of a CPU/motherboard upgrade so I'll go with that instead. BYOXB

5 hours ago, Popo said:

Mate.

You do know people on this very forum are struggling to place a preorder?  I'll admit you've got some balls to come bragging about it though. :lol:

Just for clarity, as I don’t want to be seen as an evil, scalping capitalist. I only wanted one Series X but this morning’s clusterfuck online meant that when my first order crashed, I bought another. The Series S is for junior Stoph. 

12 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

GAME seem to have received additional Series X units for instore pre orders - loads of their shop twitter accounts just mentioned this in the last few mins in case this helps anyone!

You get to play the exciting meta-game double accumulator of will there still be a physical Game store in my town and will the town centre even be open by then in the first place as the plague worsens when you order instore.

18 minutes ago, McCoy said:

All Access was always going to be a much better arrangement once the consoles are able to be freely purchased. I always thought trying to run this scheme at the same time as regular pre-orders was a fool's errand.  Perhaps they should have blocked off a section of the allocation for All Access orders and opened them up on a different day. 

I don't think that trying to make credit agreements on the first day of preorders when everyones websites (even amazons) are falling over was ever going to go well. It's a great option when the systems will stay up.

Just now, Stopharage said:

Just for clarity, as I don’t want to be seen as an evil, scalping capitalist. I only wanted one Series X but this morning’s clusterfuck online meant that when my first order crashed, I bought another. The Series S is for junior Stoph. 

You've probably got a mountain of bog roll in the house as well :P

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic