Xbox Series X | S

It will fit horicontally, going by the dimensions online, allowing it to draw in air from behind and venting to the side. I am also toying with the idea of placing it on the left behind the TV, so the disk drive is accessible and the chimney of flaming death has lots of vertical space above.

That gap looks to be barely big enough for it to fit let alone giving it plenty of ventilation room though. It's 15.1cm (plus a few millimetres for the rubber feet) on it's side and will need room to draw air in the bottom (left side horizontally) and exhaust it out the top (right side horizontally).

Yes, I want to void using one of the 'cubes' to store it so that I do not end up with only a couple of cm space above the vent. I should be able to place it horizontally as there is 15.6cm of space to do so, and the unit is pretty deep at about 30cm, so there should be enough room to draw cold air in behind.

But I think I'll rehome the Switch and place the monolith on the back left of the TV cavity behind the TV, with the disk slot visible, which would give a suitable amount of space above the machine.

As we are back to sharing TV units, I'm in a bit of a pickle myself. Can't put anything behind the TV as there's no space to access the recess at the back and the unit itself is not open like most TV units. Think I might stick it where the money plant is:

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, KRP said:

As we are back to sharing TV units, I'm in a bit of a pickle myself. Can't put anything behind the TV as there's no space to access the recess at the back and the unit itself is not open like most TV units. Think I might stick it where the money plant is:

spacer.png

Wouldn't that just suck dust through the system? I'd be tempted to wall mount the screen and place it beneath.

13 minutes ago, KRP said:

spacer.png

It looks like you have a fireplace to the left. May as well put it there, as you will not need any other heating system once the Series X has arrived.

21 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Is the basket of slippers essential?

Unfortunately that's actually an unmovable fixture of the property.

I was thinking it might be quite nice to have it more in the open as a display piece/objet d'art

28 minutes ago, auntyclimax said:

Wouldn't that just suck dust through the system? I'd be tempted to wall mount the screen and place it beneath.

Why would it be gathering more dust on the floor than the cabinet? (Genuine question, I have no idea about this stuff)

2 hours ago, Alex W. said:

I cannot wait for the post-Xmas Watchdog/Daily Mail disappointment photos of people not quite managing to get the Series X or PS5 in to their TV unit.

Then good news, they cancelled Watchdog. It was doing too much damage to Tory owned businesses.

This is my first time buying a console since owning both the PS3 and 360. i'm genuinely excited for launch given the fact that XPass to me offers so much out of the box. I'm a PC guy, but I can't wait to get started and play this thing :)

Yes, more TV unit talk. After much umming and aahing I made space and my Series X is going to go where the plant currently is. At first I thought it looked a bit weird having the TV off-centre relative to the unit but I'm used to it now. Just need to tidy up those wires a bit and I'm happy with it.

IMG_20201026_112045_compress46.thumb.jpg.d370026f1a78aa801f1cab646760f913.jpg

35 minutes ago, KRP said:

Why would it be gathering more dust on the floor than the cabinet? (Genuine question, I have no idea about this stuff)

Not a scientific answer but I would assume that dust blows across the floor more than it would in/ into a raised cabinet.

1 hour ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Jeez... for crying out loud MS! It’s been two weeks! Lift the embargo on the Series S already! For the love of god only you have the power to stop this endless TV unit chatter. 

Apparently the S wasn't even supposed to be revealed until next week. Then it got leaked.

1 hour ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Jeez... for crying out loud MS! It’s been two weeks! Lift the embargo on the Series S already! For the love of god only you have the power to stop this endless TV unit chatter. 

We should have a TV furniture thread, not even joking. I was going to show my girlfriend one of the pictures posted here to see what she thought,  but it's lost like tears in the rain now.

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic