Xbox Series X | S

10 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

Whoa! I didn't even know that. The like a dragon one?

8 minutes ago, MNFRMTMRRW said:

Source?

I believe Microsoft said all games shown would be on Game Pass at some point not necessarily at launch. 

Yakuza: Like a Dragon Launches Day One on Xbox Series X - Xbox Wire

Nothing about Game Pass in that PR release.

5 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Like a dragon isn’t on gamepass unfortunately. 

Damn, I was totally convinced it was there on day one. I was sure I saw some big thjng about it being on GP. 

14 minutes ago, drewthmsn said:

I have been failing to keep up with this thread since preordering, but does anyone know how the following would best be managed... 

I've got 2 Series S consoles coming, one for my house and one for the kids. In each house there will also still be an Xbox one S being used. I know gamepass/live is sorted with an account in each house and shared by the other box (so my gf pays hers, I share; I pay one for the kids, and they share), but what about digital game purchases for non 1st party? Namely the new COD game. If the two Series S consoled purchase a copy, would that be playable on the One S's as well? Do we need to get the super expensive cross-gen version of COD? Is this better asked in the specific game thread? TIA! 

As long as 2 consoles are set up as each others Home console they can share everything.

Well thats Yakuza, Cyberpunk and Valhalla on order for £40 each using that eBay deal. Should make it feel like a good launch with all the other GP stuff as well I've not played. 

20 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

As long as 2 consoles are set up as each others Home console they can share everything.

In terms of games yes but it doesn't let you share films and TV you've purchased. The account that bought the films needs to be logged in to watch and you can't log in to both boxes at the same time. Just a heads up.

2 minutes ago, sid said:

Putting game pass aside a second, what does the day 1 boxed games line up look like on xbsxs 

Dirt 5

Ass Creed Valhalla

WatchDogs Legion

DMC5 Special Edition

NBA 2K21

The Falconer

Yakuza Like a Dragon

COD Black Ops Cold War

Madden 21

Fifa 21

3 minutes ago, sid said:

Are there some first party game as well just that they are in game pass ??

gears tactics

substantial update to gears 5

Presumably small update forza horizon 4

Interesting sounding update to Ori, but only if LG patch their TVs in Europe.

And the launch of a multiplayer version of Tetris effect, previously not released in Xbox at all (where most of the interest for the multi console of us will be.., what is a multiplayer cooperative Tetris)

10 minutes ago, sid said:

Are there some first party game as well just that they are in game pass ??

Nothing new, the campaign update for Gears 5 will be dropping soon, but not in time for launch, don't think there is anything new in the 'boxed' category for XSX or XSS for launch, obviously Halo would have been the marquee title.

25 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Dirt 5

Ass Creed Valhalla

WatchDogs Legion

DMC5 Special Edition

NBA 2K21

The Falconer

Yakuza Like a Dragon

COD Black Ops Cold War

Madden 21

Fifa 21

I don’t think (next gen versions of) Madden and FIFA have been confirmed for launch for either console yet, unless you mean you can play the current gen versions of them, but I’d say that doesn’t really count. 

1 minute ago, Pockets said:

I don’t think (next gen versions of) Madden and FIFA have been confirmed for launch for either console yet, unless you mean you can play the current gen versions of them, but I’d say that doesn’t really count. 

I was actually just trying to find confirmation of that and you're right, EA haven't said much beyond offering Dual Entitlement, bit disappointing if it is the case.

19 minutes ago, JPL said:

What’s this? Don’t the latest LG OLEDs do 120hz?

There are issues. The patch has been released, at least for the CX, in the states. We’re still waiting in Europe.

19 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

I was actually just trying to find confirmation of that and you're right, EA haven't said much beyond offering Dual Entitlement, bit disappointing if it is the case.

Yeah, it was going to be my one launch game and the promise of next gen football was what made me buy the console. I now suspect it’ll be pretty shit and maybe just a 4K version of what’s already out, even though it’s already 4K for some. 

2 minutes ago, Pockets said:

Yeah, it was going to be my one launch game and the promise of next gen football was what made me buy the console. I now suspect it’ll be pretty shit and maybe just a 4K version of what’s already out, even though it’s already 4K for some. 

Likewise, it's 50% of my launch games for PS5, i'm sure it won't be too far behind though.

8 hours ago, BarryL85 said:

Official next gen walkthrough?!?!? Fuck me! How can anyone at Microsoft think this is a great way to promote their new next gen systems?  It’s like watching the Shopping Channel, complete with fake as all fuck, brainwashed/manufactured corporate robots, that are running on their “totally insincere” setting. 

Worse still, they show footage of backwards compatible games that look thoroughly shite, whilst talking them up and then go on to show “next gen” Dirt 5, complete with screen tearing, frame rate drops and massively shit graphics. 

Where is all the decent Third Party “next gen” game footage? Same goes for the PS5. It’s almost as if both Microsoft and Sony are trying to cover up how shit the Third Party stuff is.

Well it's got 30K likes vs 2K dislikes so the nerds must be into it.

I don't give. A shit about these walk-through and unboxing videos. Completely boggles my mind almost as much as your reaction. 

36 minutes ago, footle said:

There are issues. The patch has been released, at least for the CX, in the states. We’re still waiting in Europe.

Apparently the C9/E9 firmware is rolling out over the next few days.

7 minutes ago, Fully Aspel said:

Official next gen walkthrough?!?!? Fuck me! How can anyone at Microsoft think this is a great way to promote their new next gen systems?  It’s like watching the Shopping Channel, complete with fake as all fuck, brainwashed/manufactured corporate robots, that are running on their “totally insincere” setting. 

Worse still, they show footage of backwards compatible games that look thoroughly shite, whilst talking them up and then go on to show “next gen” Dirt 5, complete with screen tearing, frame rate drops and massively shit graphics. 

Where is all the decent Third Party “next gen” game footage? Same goes for the PS5. It’s almost as if both Microsoft and Sony are trying to cover up how shit the Third Party stuff is.

There isn't much that pushes the envelope, Covid has crippled game developers, it's going to be a slow burn for sure on PS5 and Xbox Series consoles, just be thankful we do get to play our existing libraries with better performance in many cases.

14 minutes ago, Fully Aspel said:

I mean it’s fine. 

There’s nothing too exciting but with Valhalla, Legion, Yakuza, Cyberpunk, Gears Tactics, GOW update etc there should be enough initially. 

2 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

There isn't much that pushes the envelope, Covid has crippled game developers, it's going to be a slow burn for sure on PS5 and Xbox Series consoles, just be thankful we do get to play our existing libraries with better performance in many cases.

Yeah, I get that COVID has an impact on stuff, I still find it odd though that with just 2-3 weeks to go till the consoles are out, we’re not seeing much of the third party stuff. Plus the way that vid is presented, just screams insincere corporate bullshit. Comes across as really fake and cringey.

If backwards compatibility stuff, plus Dirt 5 with screen tearing and frame rate drops, are being used in an “official Series S/X next gen walkthrough” video, then how bad must games like Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Watchdogs Legion etc be? I’m pretty sure there’s not even been any PS5 footage released of those games, which doesn’t bode well either. Saw some of them going for £40 today on eBay and I’ve not picked anything up as I just don’t know what to expect. There must be a lot of people in the same boat and so a lot of lost sales!

23 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

I mean it’s fine. 

There’s nothing too exciting but with Valhalla, Legion, Yakuza, Cyberpunk, Gears Tactics, GOW update etc there should be enough initially. 

There’s lots of footage of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on YouTube but it’s wildly differing in quality. Some of it seems ok, other vids look fucking atrocious with poor graphics, frame rate problems, terrible audio, general jankyness etc No-one seems to know whether it’s PC footage or Series X footage or what. The total lack of third party PS5 footage seems even stranger. Same goes for Legion and a few other games.

If they’ve all gone Gold then, you would have thought they’d be getting shown off and shouted about by now. I’m starting to get the impression a lot of this stuff is not being shown because it’s ropey as all fuck.

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic