Xbox Series X | S

2 hours ago, sprite said:

is Ori being enhanced? I’ve not played it yet and it would be a great time to jump in.

It is, however unless I've missed something I don't think it's Day 1, but definitely quite soon.

I can't recommend the game enough though, it's fabulous.

These are the titles MS have stated as "launch titles" - Ori is on there.

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Smart Delivery)

Borderlands 3 (Smart Delivery)

Bright Memory 1.0

Cuisine Royale (Smart Delivery)

Dead By Daylight (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)

Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition

DIRT 5 (Smart Delivery)

Enlisted

Evergate

The Falconeer (Smart Delivery)

Fortnite  

Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)

Gears 5 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)

Gears Tactics (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)

Grounded (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)

King Oddball (Smart Delivery)

Maneater (Smart Delivery)

Manifold Garden (Smart Delivery)

NBA 2K21

Observer: System Redux

Ori And The Will Of The Wisps (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)

Planet Coaster (Smart Delivery)

Sea Of Thieves (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)

Tetris Effect: Connected (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)

The Touryst (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)

War Thunder (Smart Delivery)

Warhammer: Chaosbane Slayer Edition

Watch Dogs: Legion (Smart Delivery)

WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship (Smart Delivery)

Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Smart Delivery)

Yes, Your Grace (Smart Delivery)

Dead By Daylight makes me very happy.

Just thought I'd check my Argos preorder... And see that they cancelled it! Think there was some confusion as I pre-ordered both the S and the X. Seems they cancelled both!

Anyone know of places that were still getting occasional stock in for preorders?

2 minutes ago, unleashedmaniac said:

Just thought I'd check my Argos preorder... And see that they cancelled it! Think there was some confusion as I pre-ordered both the S and the X. Seems they cancelled both!

Anyone know of places that were still getting occasional stock in for preorders?

So have they both been allocated elsewhere? 

Have they said why?

24 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

It is, however unless I've missed something I don't think it's Day 1, but definitely quite soon.

I can't recommend the game enough though, it's fabulous.

The Ori games are some of the few that, as a PS4 owner, I have envied being on the XB1 this gen - would have bought on the Switch several times were it not for the pile'o'shame. I look forward to downloading them on Nov 10th to enjoy in full 4k glory.

16 hours ago, Yoshimax said:

All the games except that kinect shit.

Just to be clear, because the tweet isn't as clear as it perhaps should be, that's not "Every Xbox and Xbox 360 game" that's "The ones that will play today on an Xbox One".

Still a fuckload, but still a smaller selection of Xbox OG than you can play on a 360.

15 minutes ago, unleashedmaniac said:

That's shit. I always find Argos brilliant when things go well - but when something goes wrong they can be a nightmare to get an answer from. My advice is to hassle them on Twitter for a quick reply.

I had https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-xbox-series-x running in the background when working and was able to grab a Series X when they became available on AO.com last week - may be worth keeping an eye on them in the hope that some retailers make more stock available through order cancellations or increased allocations?

17 minutes ago, unleashedmaniac said:

There was a 1 console per customer rule instated by Microsoft, so that might have had to do with it. However, I had both ordered from Amazon Germany and until last week they didn't cancel anything. However, I made the decision to go for the Series X for now so I am down to 1 console pre-order again. 

Still kind of weird though since the Xbox Series S isn't sold out anywhere. 

Maybe they asked for a down/full payment by a certain date?

5 minutes ago, MNFRMTMRRW said:

I don't know if I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, but Amazon, Argos and Game don't seem to have any to sell. 

20 minutes ago, AceGrace said:

So have they both been allocated elsewhere? 

Have they said why?

I'm just trying to check why. I've got a feeling when they cancelled the S, they actually cancelled both!

5 minutes ago, MNFRMTMRRW said:

There was a 1 console per customer rule instated by Microsoft, so that might have had to do with it. However, I had both ordered from Amazon Germany and until last week they didn't cancel anything. However, I made the decision to go for the Series X for now so I am down to 1 console pre-order again. 

Maybe they asked for a down/full payment by a certain date?

I've checked my statement, and see they took the payment and then refunded a few days after. So it appears the chap I spoke to was a bit too eager on the cancellation button!

8 minutes ago, BossSaru said:

That's shit. I always find Argos brilliant when things go well - but when something goes wrong they can be a nightmare to get an answer from. My advice is to hassle them on Twitter for a quick reply.

I had https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-xbox-series-x running in the background when working and was able to grab a Series X when they became available on AO.com last week - may be worth keeping an eye on them in the hope that some retailers make more stock available through order cancellations or increased allocations?

Thanks, I will set up a notification to see if I can grab anything.

10 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Awesome, if that's the case then anyone who hasn't played is in for a treat on November 10th! :D

This may be the first thing I play simply by way of the fact that it will be quickest to download :P

The X button on my two month old Elite series 2 controller is getting a bit sticky. This after the rubber grips on my OG elite controller came away after about two years. 

I do really like the Elite controllers but the QC on them is awful considering how much they cost. 

2 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Do you own an Xbox One?

Nope.

I have a PC, so I could play it now, and I don't know how taxing it is, but with 2 weeks to go I might as well wait and play it on my sofa, at 4K, with a proper controller.

Unless you were going to talk about how I could download a bunch of stuff to a USB drive in advance. Would that it were be possible to preload via a PC for the 'big day'.

11 minutes ago, cowfields said:

Unless you were going to talk about how I could download a bunch of stuff to a USB drive in advance. Would that it were be possible to preload via a PC for the 'big day'.

I was, and no you can't download anything on your PC for Xbox.

2 minutes ago, Yoshimax said:

I loved the first and bounced right off the second - it felt directionless.

Had a couple of hours on Ori 2 via GP. Lovely visuals. But gameplay felt a bit tired to me... boss battles in this day and age? 

5 hours ago, unleashedmaniac said:

Finally got to speak to someone at Argos who advised the order was cancelled with the suppliers on the 1st October, but no note as to why. They apologised, and basically said tough luck. Lovely!

16 minutes ago, unleashedmaniac said:

Finally got to speak to someone at Argos who advised the order was cancelled with the suppliers on the 1st October, but no note as to why. They apologised, and basically said tough luck. Lovely!

I don't think you expected a different outcome did you?

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic