Xbox Series X | S

11 minutes ago, iloverage said:

So I just purchased a 12 month live key from CD keys to do the Ultimate upgrade trick, entered the code and was told it had already been redeemed. Okay I thought, I'll get a refund on that one, it can happen. Purchased another one from G2A and received the same message. Am I doing something wrong or have I been screwed over twice? Uh oh.

G2A are dodgy as fuck. You might have to charge back because sometimes they will refuse to honour a false key unless you paid extra for their "insurance". 

CDKeys used to be great, but have been fucking shit since their website rebrand early this year. Loads of people getting used keys, not getting keys at all, or having a demand of photo ID on accounts that have been open for years. There's also been some possible evidence of them selling stolen Nintendo keys, resulting in people getting their Nintendo IDs banned.

6 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I *think* G2A are considered one of the dodgy key resellers, sometimes selling keys that have been acquired in less than honest ways and, consequently, don't work.

So yes, probably, to answer your question.

Yeah, I've not used G2A in the past and am regretting my choice here. With regards to CDKeys, I've used them plenty of times before with no issues. The fact that this has happened on both codes is leading me to believe either the MS service is screwed at the moment or I've done this completely wrong. Silly me.

Just now, BarryL85 said:

Shopto sell them and i'd advise anyone who wants to do the same thing to buy from there.

Yep, I've got to the point now where I will just use ShopTo / Amazon / Curry's and tie it to any discount codes or TopCashback. For the usual 3-5% you save using CDKeys it's not worth it anymore.

1 hour ago, jon_cybernet said:

What are you going to stick it in? The USB port? 

I do wonder how many people are buying the Series S not realising it's digital only. I mean, look at how many people ended up buying a One X when pre-orders for the Series S/X went live. Same goes for the digital version of the PS5 - I can imagine less clued-up people thinking the more expensive PS5 is like the pro, with the cheaper console being the base console and not realising it doesn't have a disc drive.

22 hours ago, Pockets said:

I remember people saying this for the PS4 launch and there were a few stories about it being a day late or so. But then there were stories of them replacing controllers with stick rot and, no one seems to remember this, but there were a few issues with launch PS4s and noise and orange light stuff. I remember I had to get mine replaced soon after launch. It wasn't much hassle with Shopto I think, but Amazon are always good for this sort of thing too.

For me it was the lockdown, which we were inevitably going to be in, that made me decide I wanted to go with a behemoth retailer. Not just for delivery concerns, but that they're still in business. I'm sure it'll be fine for everyone though.

I will always go amazon.  They're reliable for me and if hardware has ever even shown the slightest hint of not being 100% they've tended to knock 40-50 quid off with no argument  They'll always be my first choice until they fuck up something.  :)

32 minutes ago, iloverage said:

Yeah, I've not used G2A in the past and am regretting my choice here. With regards to CDKeys, I've used them plenty of times before with no issues. The fact that this has happened on both codes is leading me to believe either the MS service is screwed at the moment or I've done this completely wrong. Silly me.

After a brief webchat, MS have applied the codes to my account. Apparently there was something wrong with their system after all! Phew!

But yes, will definitely not use G2A again. :)

In exciting order news the MS site details have changed to pre-ordered and Est Delivery 10th.

re: CD-Keys, they are absolutely dire these days, barely any savings and busted keys galore. They cancelled my pre-order of watch dogs (ult edition was £51 when they put it up) ON RELEASE DAY citing technical issues then put it back up at £79 seconds later.

22 minutes ago, bear said:

I thought people had come to the conclusion that the surge in One X sales was caused by poorly set up bots purchasing consoles. 

15 minutes ago, Thor said:

If so, that's news to me. Funny if true though. :)

How is this still a thing, the day it went big in the news it was explained that the way the Amazon algorithm works about 4 Xbox one x consoles were bought that day :facepalm:

Another vote of no confdence in cdkeys.  Bough regular 12 month xbox live code for my nephew which never appeared.  Paypal is locked in an authorised loop, cdkeys said speak to paypal, paypal said speak to cdkeys.  So i have to wait a month for this pre-auth to revert itself.  Duck sake, told him mum just to pay the extra tenner on amazon. 

3 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

Whats the most Next-Gen looking thing to play on this at launch? 

Sea of Thieves is staggeringly beautiful - not sure if it's 60fps upgraded or anything though.
Gears 5 will be a good one, it's already eye popping on a one x.

Forza Horizons 4?

9 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

Sea of Thieves is staggeringly beautiful

Still haven't ever played this but you are the third person in as many days to make positive noises about it. Think I should probably give it a whirl. Is it all online/co-op stuff or can you single player it as well?

2 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Today's n0Ob question from me is...

Do you get any free Gamepass code with the Xbox Series X console or do I need to get one from Amazon? I'm assuming its a no?

DF's unboxing video said there was no free codes with the Series X so I don't think so.

25 minutes ago, iloverage said:

I think there must be something going on with Microsoft's redemption system this morning. Get on webchat and they'll sort it out.

I am on web chat now and they are saying there is a problem with redeeming codes. Mine said it was redeeming then failed in some way then said already redeemed.

they say they can see it redeemed but did not activate and they are sorting a replacement code - not sure how that will work if code redemption is broken :-D 

25 minutes ago, fattakin said:

Another vote of no confdence in cdkeys.  Bough regular 12 month xbox live code for my nephew which never appeared.  Paypal is locked in an authorised loop, cdkeys said speak to paypal, paypal said speak to cdkeys.  So i have to wait a month for this pre-auth to revert itself.  Duck sake, told him mum just to pay the extra tenner on amazon. 

I daresay that's PayPal at fault. I've never had a problem with cdkeys, bought loads of PSN credit with them over the years. But I don't use PayPal to pay for anything.

I stopped using CDKeys when they randomly stopped one of my orders (using PayPal) citing the need for a security check (despite using them for ages with no problems) and asking me to send them scans of my driving license and passport and stuff, basically everything you'd need if Clippy asked you 'It looks like you want to steal someone's identity?'

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic