IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

33 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

It’s lockdown 2. Where all the middle classes get to safely WFH while the working classes risk it all for sub minimum wage. If I was being paid 50p a delivery by Hermes to lug your PS5s up 3 flights of stairs for the 100th time today, I wouldn’t give a fuck if you want to go speak to the manager about the preciousness of goods you can always get refunds on.

And yet that same disgruntled guy may well have to collect the damaged parcel and then re-deliver a new one. Guys a fucking idiot.

That idiot hermes driver, surely that would make his day far longer. His deliveries are not packed in any order now. 

Prob spend half his time looking for a wee box hidden away. 

13 minutes ago, SteveH said:

And yet that same disgruntled guy may well have to collect the damaged parcel and then re-deliver a new one. Guys a fucking idiot.

He gets the same 50p wherever he delivers. I mean he must hate his job though, and that’s all on his employers not looking after him. As big as a cunt is the snitch with the camera selling the vid to the Sun. All this ragging and grassing on the workers is like the bit in Parasite where the poors start fighting each other.

3 hours ago, Plissken said:

Yeah, well when the only reason it is being used is to crack the console then I can't really blame them.  Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sure that plenty of people had "legitimate reasons to explore the security technology used in the everyday running of powerful custom hardware."

I think it was the other way round.

PSN+Timeline+1.png

42 minutes ago, Ry said:

You can get The Falconeer for £25 with the 15% off code at ebay from boss Deals. 

Great price. Think the rrp is £40 at least. 

Tempted to pick it up, but so much stuff to play. 

Screenshot_20201105_124319_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Would be rude not to at that price, many thanks

43 minutes ago, Darren said:

I'm not sure what it says about me that when I was racking my brains for a picture related to the number five, the first thing that occurred to me was 5 Star being told they're shit live on children's TV.

It says "You're old, mate".

4 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Interesting bit of info RE: install size here - Forza Horizon 4 is 10GB smaller on S.

It's depends on the game I think, I read this on the EG review on the S

Meanwhile, it seems not all games will be smaller on the S. Black Ops: Cold War was yesterday announced to be 136GB on both Series X and S - 43GB more than the Xbox One version.

7 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Interesting bit of info RE: install size here - Forza Horizon 4 is 10GB smaller on S.

This isn't a surprise though. No 4k textures means it should be. However the Black Ops Cold War size doesn't surprise me either because given Activisions track record of half arsing things and chugging them out it wouldn't surprise me if they just didn't bother with an S download optimisation.

Time to grab mesen a cuppa and start watching, see if I keep my S pre-order or cancel and wait for the X to come up. I'm sure you're all waiting with bated breath.

21 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

Yeah, her points seem valid too.

Yeah, I found it a nice, to the point overview. Also, as much as it's a point many/all reviews will make, I did appreciate the elegant pith of this line:

When it comes to launch games, the new Xbox is in a unique position, in that it doesn’t have any.

The phrasing just tickled me, A+ reviewing.

1438863815_ruhroh.jpg.15c3df616269ecc1e4a0226b75f5420d.jpg

60 fps on Series X, and 30 fps on Series S. In this case, players cannot go into menus and toggle boosts or gains on Series S to claw those frames back. This game was provided to Ars Technica without formal acknowledgement about that difference, and as of press time, its publisher hasn't responded to questions about whether Series S players should expect a 60 fps toggle at any point.

From the Ars Technica review RE: Assassin's Creed Valhalla