Xbox Series X | S

For anyone still looking for consoles, I got my PS4 a couple of days after launch on Amazon when they sold the ones with damaged boxes through their Marketplace at a discount as 'Used - Good'. It may be worth keeping an eye on there, as they will likely be pristine unopened consoles with boxes scuffed during transit or in the warehouse.

Also, with Black Friday coming up they may have a few on sale then.

20 minutes ago, BossSaru said:

Also, with Black Friday coming up they may have a few on sale then.

Hey man, I’m right there in hope with you, but I think the chances of the Sony MoneyPrinter 5 and Microsoft ItPrintsMoney Series X being on sale any time soon are pretty low. 

1 hour ago, Plissken said:

And then they have to start treating it as a PC and not a consumer device and then nerds start complaining about not being able to mod it to get 3.7% better performance on a Thursday in April.

Have you read this thread recently? All this GPU/CPU talk FPS etc? In fact most console threads these days really.... :D

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

And despite that Sony removed it.

Yeah, well when the only reason it is being used is to crack the console then I can't really blame them.  Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sure that plenty of people had "legitimate reasons to explore the security technology used in the everyday running of powerful custom hardware."

10 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Yeah, well when the only reason it is being used is to crack the console then I can't really blame them.  Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sure that plenty of people had "legitimate reasons to explore the security technology used in the everyday running of powerful custom hardware."

But that's exactly what would happen if you could run Windows on the Series X|S which is why it'll never happen.

14 minutes ago, Plissken said:

I think they limited access to the GPU via Linux, as well.

Famously, the US Airforce and a few Universities used the Linux compatibility to build supercomputers, so it wasn't all people trying to pirate games.

7 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Oh shit, that's horrific.

EDIT: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54818644

"Despite the cutting of the 3,500 roles, the supermarket expects that it will have created about 6,000 net new jobs by the end of the year."

I think they are rejigging things a bit... more Argos outlets will be integrated into Sainsbury's stores etc. Old school businesses are just adjusting a bit. It's unfortunate timing of course. They need to do something to take on the Amazon behemoth. I expect Argos will largely be online in the end....

5 minutes ago, MattyP said:

"Despite the cutting of the 3,500 roles, the supermarket expects that it will have created about 6,000 net new jobs by the end of the year."

I think they are rejigging things a bit... more Argos outlets will be integrated into Sainsbury's stores etc. Old school businesses are just adjusting a bit. It's unfortunate timing of course. They need to do something to take on the Amazon behemoth. I expect Argos will largely be online in the end....

Yeah they've been moving Argos inside Sainsbury's for a while now. Makes sense as why would you pay for high street rent when you have space in a store. I just hope they manage to balance things out for the workers.

3 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah they've been moving Argos inside Sainsbury's for a while now. Makes sense as why would you pay for high street rent when you have space in a store. I just hope they manage to balance things out for the workers.

Think they will. Just headline grabbing from the BBC. They seem to love making everyone more miserable than they already are TBH. 

3 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Let's hope this prick has been sacked before he delivers anyone's consoles <_< (I don't follow the Sun, it was retweeted on my feed)

Wasn't it Hermes that threw parcels over the roof of a house to "deliver" them? Might have been Yodel. Equally as bad as each other. I cancel orders for anything that is delivered by Hermes or Yodel.

EDIT: It was Yodel....

https://www.itv.com/news/central/2015-11-23/courier-throws-parcel-on-roof-after-no-answer-at-the-door

Monday will be amazing with all the various dispatch status updates in this thread. It's what rllmuk is all about and, as the author of this thread, I expect no less. :D

Being a high street pre order I cannot participate but will certainly enjoy the banter! :P

4 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

Monday will be amazing with all the dispatch updates. It's what rllmuk is all about.

Some people got lucky.

Probably the first person to receive their Series X. Provided some nice information as well. The console shipped from The Netherlands, my home country, to Portugal. I guess they were anticipating shipping delays and everything went a bit faster. 

I am quite confident Amazon will deliver mine on Tuesday. 

7 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

Monday will be amazing with all the various dispatch status updates in this thread. It's what rllmuk is all about and, as the author of this thread, I expect no less. :D

Being a high street pre order I cannot participate but will certainly enjoy the banter! :P

I know feel like I'm missing out... :)

51 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Let's hope this prick has been sacked before he delivers anyone's consoles <_< (I don't follow the Sun, it was retweeted on my feed)

It really bothers me that he did not simply move the cage a few feet closer to him so that he did not have to keep walking back and forth to pick up new parcels/missiles.

Just now, BossSaru said:

It really bothers me that he did not simply move the cage a few feet closer to him so that he did not have to keep walking back and forth to pick up new parcels/missiles.

:)

Something tells me he was pi**ed off at something or somebody..... 

50 minutes ago, Darren said:

Everyone in this thread on Monday:

Two-Buttons.thumb.jpg.33d873641808000239ac08ff434c8796.jpg

Or stand out front ready to catch you parcels as they do a fly-by drop off.... I've actually had Hermes post missed delivery cards through the door without even knocking as I've been waiting near the door for a parcel once. Gits. I tried catching them before they whizzed off. Part of the reason I won't order from anyone that uses them these days. Had it happen a few times.... Not to worry anyone that has ordered from somewhere that uses Hermes as their "delivery partner" of course.... ;) 

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S