IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

Well there's a few possible reasons

1 - If you made it as busy as London 2019 it'd be an awful game, you'd never get anywhere.

2 - Most of that video is at night

3 - In the story of the game a LOT of people died, so London isn't as populous as it was anyway.

Not that I’m saying any of that is bullshit, but, it looks much busier on the PC. ;)

I can’t wait to play Tetris effect multiplayer (and it in 4K ) I wonder how it'll compare to VR. One of the best games of the decade. Likewise Ori in 4K. Gears tactics is exciting too. But mainly, to me  this console  is about fast loading indie games on game pass. To stop me spending so much on my switch. 

But otherwise - what's the special stuff for launch? What’s the prettiest thing to show of the new uumph? Pref game pass, but I will pay money for something next gen enough. 

For those that bought directly from the Microsoft Store, can you check your account for manufacturers warranty? Was just chatting to a mate and ours are quite different - mines the 2022 one so he’s not happy! Just wondering is there an consensus?

BB822293-FFF0-4BBC-BE82-B0DC23D0FB30.jpeg

0538D57D-A522-42E4-B34B-E72191B1BD0B.jpeg

1 hour ago, NickC said:

So what are people playing on Day 1?

There's so much I've missed over the years that is on Game Pass, I can't wait. I'll be playing something from this lot:

Halo 4

The Outer Worlds

Doom Eternal

Alan Wake

Mass Effect

Neon Abyss

I've got:

Dirt 5

Yakuza: Like A Dragon

Tetris Effect

Gears Tactics

Fuser (Out tomorrow even though it's not enhanced)

All ready for tomorrow. Not a bad lineup.

47 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

The One X has a internet connection test option in the settings and I'd be surprised if the Series X doesn't.

It's very unreliable though, it'll sometimes be pretty good but then it can often show my latency at 100ms+ so I'll go in to Fortnite, Division 2 or Gears 5 to use their in-game ping tester and they'll be fine, around the 25-30ms range and then I'll go back to the XB dasboard and it'll be 150ms or some bonkers number. Not sure if they just use US servers sometimes or something.

XBL download speeds are pretty flaky anyway. I've got 350MB Virgin line and it only ever, and rarely, tops out at around 100mbs and often just bounces around all over the place, will stop for no reason halfway through and jump up to 300mbs for a couple of seconds and then settle down at 40mbs and then repeat all that over again. That's wired or 5ghz. Fortnite is the worst which seems to get an update every other day and usually just crawls along at <1mbs. Annoyingly I don't even play that bloody game so I have an 8 year whinging in my earhole about it taking 14 hours to complete a 2gb update.

Luckily I have everything on an external SSD so hopefully downloading woes tomorrow will be minimal.

I haven't bought anything new to play (yet).  My friends are a bit confused by that but then I explained I can play everything I have already and it's gonna be super awesome and they still made fun of me.

I've downloaded the two Ori games, and I look forward to firing up some old favourites in the form of Overwatch and Siege to see what they look like.  My Xbox One is so old I genuinely can't remember buying it, I skipped the One S/One X, and got a 4k TV a couple of years ago which I've only ever really watched F1 on until I fired up Disney+ for the first time yesterday.

I'm looking forward to things looking pretty :)

But I will probably also get Star Wars Squadrons and/or NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered, although I know the latter doesn't have any enhancements.

39 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

Its been an expensive month so I am relying on my existing backlog to get by. It is my birthday in a few weeks so I am hoping to get something new for it then.

Ha, Bright Memory is cheap enough and, according to this, is also a Next gen launch day exclusive!

20201109_123006_compress63.thumb.jpg.cdab2ed7fd8b401cbb27cb19bb1241de.jpg

Folks - am I right in thinking that Gears 5 has one of the most expansive usages of the new shinies at launch? Am I also right in thinking that these will need a new download for the XSX or will we be able to transfer our existing downloads from a USB drive over?

2 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

All the new games coming tomorrow are a nice way of having something exciting tomorrow, regardless of whether you upgrade or not. Looking forward to playing Tetris Effect. :)

I read that as "Mass Effect" at first and thought that your post was a massive piss-take. I do wonder how good the Mass Effect remasters are going to be though.

34 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

Also noticed that DmC5 SE, Observer Redux and The Medium are all noted as X/S only. 

DMC5 SE is X|S only? FFS. I hope that the extra content is available as DLC for us peasant Bone owners, otherwise I'm going to be somewhat narked at Capcom.

1 hour ago, fattakin said:

For those that bought directly from the Microsoft Store, can you check your account for manufacturers warranty? Was just chatting to a mate and ours are quite different - mines the 2022 one so he’s not happy! Just wondering is there an consensus?

BB822293-FFF0-4BBC-BE82-B0DC23D0FB30.jpeg

0538D57D-A522-42E4-B34B-E72191B1BD0B.jpeg

Just checked, mine's 2022.

7 minutes ago, Hass said:

Folks - am I right in thinking that Gears 5 has one of the most expansive usages of the new shinies at launch? Am I also right in thinking that these will need a new download for the XSX or will we be able to transfer our existing downloads from a USB drive over?

It’s supposed to look even more impressive than before. Similar to PC on ultra with some new lighting bits that are even an improvement on that. No ray tracing though. Also has a 120hz option in the mp if you have the facility. For those with a good setup gears will probably be a real showstopper. 

@fattakinMine's the same as yours 1/7/22 - odd that your mates is different as whenever I have registered Microsoft hardware, they always give you a bit more than the 12 months warranty. In fact when I bought my Surface Pro 4 a few years back, they gave it appx 15 months warranty for whatever reason. 

Just seen that Call Of Duty can be got for £50 from Curry's. I was half tempted as it says "xbox Series X" on the packaging,  but I realise how how important the "optimised for series X" badge is. No badge= previous gen running via backwards compatibility,  not the max bells and whistles, you may be hoping for!

Keep 'em peeled, as Shaw Taylor might say.

Yes be very careful with Activision games

For everyone planning to get a Physical Edition:

Physical Standard of PS4 will upgrade to PS5 for $10.

Physical Standard of Xbox One cannot upgrade to Xbox Series X.

Physical Standard of PS5 only includes PS5 version.

Physical Standard of Xbox Series X includes Xbox One copy.

Even though the Physical Xbox One game includes the Xbox Series X name on the bar it's got fine text saying it's the Xbox One game only, proper shit behaviour from Acti.

image.thumb.png.032e2678c0b7485d78a5886fbd05d7cf.png

1 hour ago, Wahwah* said:

Just seen that Call Of Duty can be got for £50 from Curry's. I was half tempted as it says "xbox Series X" on the packaging,  but I realise how how important the "optimised for series X" badge is. No badge= previous gen running via backwards compatibility,  not the max bells and whistles, you may be hoping for!

Keep 'em peeled, as Shaw Taylor might say.

Making a mess of everything... Jeez. Whats wrong with Acti? £50 is a sale - would it be that hard to just put some tweaks into the game to support more powerful hardware - like they do on the PC version? Guess it might be MS to be partly at blame for this as they probably charge extra for "Xbox Series X" optimised stickers. 

Here is the box art for the two versions:-

image.png.5e2261ed40a1c675b2efa612f2d9e99b.png

To be fair it does have all the info on there. But so easy to pick up the wrong one. :D Not that I'll be picking up CoD of couse. Gave up on that franchise a long time ago...

1 minute ago, MattyP said:

Making a mess of everything... Jeez. Whats wrong with Acti? £50 is a sale - would it be that hard to just put some tweaks into the game to support more powerful hardware - like they do on the PC version? Guess it might be MS to be partly at blame for this as they probably charge extra for "Xbox Series X" optimised stickers. 

This is Activision not wanting to use Smart Delivery, instead charge separately for the Next Gen patch which MS do not allow for (Hence the lack of a Next gen Patch purchase from the Xbox store).

7 minutes ago, AceGrace said:

Nothing from ShopTo yet. It has been processing for a couple of days now. Has anyone received any movement from ShopTo?

Nothing yet for me, but just seen this on Twitter.

So who really knows eh.

10 minutes ago, MattyP said:

To be fair it does have all the info on there. But so easy to pick up the wrong one. :D No that I'll be picking up CoD of couse. Gave up on that franchise a long time ago...

But why even have the Xbox Series X tag on the Xbox One version? it's a given that Xbox One games work on Series X, it's just Activision being shitty and taking advantage of Microsoft going with the same type of box for Series X.

1 minute ago, gooner4life said:

But why even have the Xbox Series X tag on the Xbox One version? it's a given that Xbox One games work on Series X, it's just Activision being shitty and taking advantage of Microsoft going with the same type of box for Series X.

Indeed. And Activision know people will still buy it.... 

8 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

This is Activision not wanting to use Smart Delivery, instead charge separately for the Next Gen patch which MS do not allow for (Hence the lack of a Next gen Patch purchase from the Xbox store).

Probably also some of those sweet Sony marketing dollars.

30 minutes ago, MattyP said:

To be fair it does have all the info on there. But so east to pick up the wrong one. :D No that I'll be picking up CoD of couse. Gave up on that franchise a long time ago...

that’s really scummy (shouldn’t be surprised I guess). Thanks for the heads up.