Jump to content

Xbox Series X | S


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, gospvg said:

 

Where did you order from, hopefully you can get a replacement quick.

This one is from Argos, but my son has one from Amazon, so I may use their returns. 

 

Both games I tried forced shutdowns (pubg and fortnite). Copied off a hard drive. Downloading a game from the store directly now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JPL said:

Ultimate (for the next 3 years)

 

Weird that it lets me boot the app and browse the games even though on my subs page it’s telling me to pay. I haven’t rebooted yet as I’m installing Destiny, but I’ll try that once it’s done.

The EA Play app isn't working yet, but you should be able to access the games from the Games Library/ Game Pass section.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Purin said:

This one is from Argos, but my son has one from Amazon, so I may use their returns. 

 

Both games I tried forced shutdowns (pubg and fortnite). Copied off a hard drive. Downloading a game from the store directly now. 

 

Unlucky Purin, would Argos not be easier if you could take into a sainsburys store but you would be very lucky to get a replacement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Purin said:

This one is from Argos, but my son has one from Amazon, so I may use their returns. 

 

Both games I tried forced shutdowns (pubg and fortnite). Copied off a hard drive. Downloading a game from the store directly now. 

 

Would be interested in your results here as I'm planning to just plug in my SSD and get my current library from there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JPL said:

Ultimate (for the next 3 years)

 

Weird that it lets me boot the app and browse the games even though on my subs page it’s telling me to pay. I haven’t rebooted yet as I’m installing Destiny, but I’ll try that once it’s done.


The EA Play games are just included in the GamePass list for me, they just have an EA Play logo on them. Shouldn’t need to access a separate app to download/play them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Purin said:

This one is from Argos, but my son has one from Amazon, so I may use their returns. 

 

Both games I tried forced shutdowns (pubg and fortnite). Copied off a hard drive. Downloading a game from the store directly now. 

 

Be careful, I expect they have noted serial numbers (which is on the outside of the box).

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pinholestar said:


The EA Play games are just included in the GamePass list for me, they just have an EA Play logo on them. Shouldn’t need to access a separate app to download/play them.

Ah right, I’ll check it out after I’ve got my Series X setup!

Link to post
Share on other sites

This might seem like a stupid question, but if I copy across games from an external usb hard drive to the internal series x hard drive (like Watchdogs Legion and the new Yakuza), will it then automatically take advantage of all the new features like quicker loading time and extra graphical enhancements?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another stupid question from me too - does the power adaptor detachable part (the one with the plug) match the PS4's? 

 

I've got a UK console coming to Japan, and would rather not just use an adaptor for the whole time. The power brick I can still use (I'm presuming the volt range means Japan's 100v is no problem) but I was hoping that I could use the lower half of the PS4',s plug to attach it to the mains. 

 

Does it have the same connector? 

 

If not, is it the same as the Xbox One's? Will need to pick up a spare localised one if so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mikeyl said:

Do we have a support group for Xbox returners? My friends list is bare bare and so looking for new friends to grind Destiny with me :)

You can add me :D I've not had an xbox for a long time :D Anyone else can feel free to add me too, gamer tag is Luseth

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Retroguy said:

This might seem like a stupid question, but if I copy across games from an external usb hard drive to the internal series x hard drive (like Watchdogs Legion and the new Yakuza), will it then automatically take advantage of all the new features like quicker loading time and extra graphical enhancements?

No, needs to download a patch. If you went offline you might be able to play it xbox one mode, though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

Do we have a support group for Xbox returners? My friends list is bare bare and so looking for new friends to grind Destiny with me :)

Add me up Mikey, I’m gingerism. I’m looking to get back into Destiny myself, so someone as clueless about it would be good to have on my fire team!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Geometry Wars 2 works. Now downloading an Xbox One game which will take a while.

 

I am really hoping it was just something with the games on the external hard drive. If not I'll just take the thing back to Argos. Crossing everything!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Purin said:

Well, Geometry Wars 2 works. Now downloading an Xbox One game which will take a while.

 

I am really hoping it was just something with the games on the external hard drive. If not I'll just take the thing back to Argos. Crossing everything!

 

Maybe the games were corrupted on the external hard drive or during transfer.

 

** Scratch that - read your post above **

 

:-(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably not the time or place - but i want to ask about computer monitors please for those who know

 

I've got this Series S  plugged into a 2yr old Dell gaming monitor  and the display wont go past 1080p in the options

looks very nice as is, but obviously crippled by the older monitor spec.

 

So whats a decent 24" Monitor that will do 1440p 4k and all that?

 

budget would be 200 - 300 

 

Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

Probably not the time or place - but i want to ask about computer monitors please for those who know

 

I've got this Series S  plugged into a 2yr old Dell gaming monitor  and the display wont go past 1080p in the options

looks very nice as is, but obviously crippled by the older monitor spec.

 

So whats a decent 24" Monitor that will do 1440p 4k and all that?

 

budget would be 200 - 300 

 

Thank you!

 

For £200 to £300 you could get an amazing monitor. A few weeks ago I bought a Lenovo 28 inch 4k IPS for £150 which would push the s as far as it can go apart from 120Hz which I have a different monitor for.

 

Key is if you want compatibility with hdmi 2.1 which allows 120Hz at 4k. 

 

As you have an S, right now hdmi 2.1 is of no use to you so I'd suggest it would be an unnecessary expense.

 

£200. - £300 is probably more than you need to spend to get the best out of an S. Personally I'd look for a 1440p 144Hz monitor with good response time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Retroguy said:


Thanks- is this something each game will instinctively know to do the first time I run it on the series X?


I can now answer my own question if it helps anyone- the first time you run a game having transferred it across from an external usb drive, it asks you if you want to download the patch so the game runs at its best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.