Xbox Series X | S

I’m a little underwhelmed? I went from a One X using a B7 hoping for something to leap out and I’m not getting that. My goto game right now is Gears 5 but I’ve yet to play with performance modes. 

If anything, I’ve replaced a funky disc drive, my One X wouldn’t play any 4K Universal movies and I get to convince the wife I need a new CX.

I’ll try some other software tonight, loads are noticeable and appreciated though, especially coming off Switch gaming. 

52 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

I'd set it up now and get everything updated first then box it back up.

Yes, I might do this. It is sitting at the office at the moment so I may bring the external drive from home in, plug it into the office TV and just let it sit downloading updates for a few days!

Well, I do have a dud. 

Microsoft just told me to contact the seller, Argos. They only offer a refund,so I'm waiting for them to send me details about picking it up. 

What are the odds of getting a Series X from somewhere before Christmas? Slim, I expect.

Just now, Purin said:

Well, I do have a dud. 

Microsoft just told me to contact the seller, Argos. They only offer a refund,so I'm waiting for them to send me details about picking it up. 

What are the odds of getting a Series X from somewhere before Christmas? Slim, I expect.

Use the alarm or notification groups here:

https://stockinformer.co.uk/checker-xbox-series-x

2 minutes ago, Purin said:

Well, I do have a dud. 

I can't believe Microsoft don't hang on to a handful of consoles for circumstances just like this and do you a straight swap.

17 minutes ago, Purin said:

Well, I do have a dud. 

Sorry to hear this. If it was me I’d be on the phone to Xbox support and demanding a replacement, they should be arranging a pick up for your current one and offer a replacement or repair. This is what the guarantee is for.

My One S had a fault and the process was really good, had it fixed and returned within a week. 

2 hours ago, Hardbattle said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that the was a big update that made the game over 100gb - what version do you have installed?

This was only an issue for people who already had the game installed on their One, and then moved that version across to their Series X. If you've downloaded it straight the Series X it doesn't need to update or replace anything.

Some of us had pre-downloaded a bunch of games under the mis-apprehension it would save us time on launch day, but as it turns out it didn't.

28 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

Sorry to hear this. If it was me I’d be on the phone to Xbox support and demanding a replacement, they should be arranging a pick up for your current one and offer a replacement or repair. This is what the guarantee is for.

My One S had a fault and the process was really good, had it fixed and returned within a week. 

It is a real surprise - at 360 launch mine was DOA (not red ring) and I rang up MS and they collected it and couriered out a new one - took 4 days but they did it.

Shame they aren't doing the same this time!

26 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Are these ebay auctions real?? Geez

Screenshot_20201111-114439.png

There’s scalpers on Facebook trying to get £500 for a Series S, claiming “shops won’t have stock before Xmas”

There appears to be a regular supply being drip-fed by retailers. Microsoft and John Lewis yesterday, Curry today. Stock Informer ftw!

I've looked at AC Valhalla and Yakuza on the store and neither let you select the Standard edition of those games, only the Extra Expensive DLC I Don't Want versions.

Very sketchy, feel like if you click the button saying Choose Edition See All Versions it should show all versions. Feel like that could be breaking UK consumer law somewhere.

1 hour ago, Nosejam said:

If you bought your console from Argos, it isn't Microsoft's job to offer replacements to you.

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S