IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

3 hours ago, Pockets said:

A little story about why I went with Xbox this gen. I think many will know about my Sony issues and taking them to Watchdog back in 2015 but I'm willing to accept they've improved since then as people say they're better. Who knows? I certainly won't be finding out.

I'm not in the habit of contacting customer services despite what it looks like. However, when the XSX launched last week I bought FIFA. I knew the next gen upgrade was coming and I always want a football game and because I get so much use out of them I thought 'fuck it' and bought it digitally for £53.99. Excessive, but saves me fucking about with discs.

I was a little bit annoyed, then, when I saw it on sale for £32.99 today. Oh well, my bad luck. Then I remembered that people had similar experiences on Steam with sales and had sometimes got refunds so I thought I'd chance my arm. 10 minutes later...

"Thank you so much for patiently waiting! As I've check yes, the FIFA 21 Beckham Edition Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S that you have purchased is now on promotion for £32.99 and yes, as I've confirm to my superior we can process the partial refund for £21.99 and the money will be credited back on your account as early as 24 hours or 3-5 business days depending on your bank policy."

I know this sort of thing maybe should be standard but I think we're all used to it not being. I know MS are usually pretty good and I'd hoped for the best but expected maybe a £10 credit or something.

Maybe I'm wrong and Sony are brilliant now, but I just can't imagine them doing the same. Hopefully it's something that will never come up for most people and therefore shouldn't factor into decisions, but I think it's something worth sharing and it's nice when companies get things right.

I want to do that same thing regarding a purchase but can’t fit the life of me find an email online for customer support. How did you find yours? 

1 minute ago, Pockets said:

I just did it through chat. Their website isn’t the greatest but I found that easy enough. Couldn’t tell you where though. 

They’ll want the date you bought it, order number and they’ll send you a code to verify, so be ready for that. 

yeah, I can only get out through to virtual assistants that are useless. No luck finding a human 

I bought DTS on a whim yesterday without bothering with the trial first, think I might get a refund from MS and stick to atmos as I can't really tell much of a difference between the two after reading that DTS was superior, to my uneducated ears atmos just seems a bit more crisp and accurate. As mentioned above with MS support, I have no worries about having any issues from them and expect a refund with no quibbles.

Also I was struggling to get through to a real human about my elite V2 issue, it seems the chat option is hidden away at the moment. I finally managed to through Microsoft office tech support somehow in the depths of their website and they gave me this link 

https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/en-us/contact/chat/48/

Which is a direct link to Xbox support, worth saving on your favourites maybe

@Oh Danny Boy

Also in your Microsoft order history there should be a button which says refund information and a refund can be requested without need for contacting chat

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders

^ direct link to refund information on eligible orders. (You can still contact MS about orders not on the list I'm sure) Just did my DTS order and the refund was instant. Don't think anyone even reviews them 

45 minutes ago, SnoopZakaDaVe said:

I bought DTS on a whim yesterday without bothering with the trial first, think I might get a refund from MS and stick to atmos as I can't really tell much of a difference between the two after reading that DTS was superior, to my uneducated ears atmos just seems a bit more crisp and accurate. As mentioned above with MS support, I have no worries about having any issues from them and expect a refund with no quibbles.

Also I was struggling to get through to a real human about my elite V2 issue, it seems the chat option is hidden away at the moment. I finally managed to through Microsoft office tech support somehow in the depths of their website and they gave me this link 

https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/en-us/contact/chat/48/

Which is a direct link to Xbox support, worth saving on your favourites maybe

@Oh Danny Boy

Also in your Microsoft order history there should be a button which says refund information and a refund can be requested without need for contacting chat

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders

^ direct link to refund information on eligible orders. (You can still contact MS about orders not on the list I'm sure) Just did my DTS order and the refund was instant. Don't think anyone even reviews them 

thanks for that. They sorted me a partial refund for watchdogs legion after I asked why it’s been reduced so soon after I purchased it at launch. 

45 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Today is pay day and I wanna buy a game for my X. Is there anything with even a hint of next gen wow ?

Valhalla is the most graphically impressive game I have seen. 

6 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Which one is the burger menu?

If start is on the right, and select is on the left, then the burger button is the start button. 

I know they don’t make sense, but they’ll always be start and select to me. 

31 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

My download speed seems to have dropped so wanted to shut down quick resume to see if it made any difference.

It’s not quick resume that slows downloads, it’s having a game running. You can still leave loads of games in quick resume, just quit the currently active game and speeds will shoot up. I think it throttles downloads while a game is running to free up some bandwidth for it.

Just got my xbox series x. 

Just so I've got this right, the series x controller requires AA batteries, those things from tv remotes and the 1990s. And searching for an official lithium charging pack, it seems microsoft don't sell one? but the battery pack for the Xbox One controllers work? Yet they don't come with a USB-C wire.

Have I got this right?

9 minutes ago, stan said:

Just got my xbox series x. 

Just so I've got this right, the series x controller requires AA batteries, those things from tv remotes and the 1990s. And searching for an official lithium charging pack, it seems microsoft don't sell one? but the battery pack for the Xbox One controllers work? Yet they don't come with a USB-C wire.

Have I got this right?

no sir.

you can get official Series X Play and Charge Kits.

Argos

I finally managed to get remote play to work - it seems that it’ll only work if the Xbox is using a wireless connection, I don’t suppose anyone else’s experience differs? Because nowhere have I seen it documented that that should be the case. 

The app complains that it could find the Xbox but not connect to it while it’s on the wire - connects every time when it’s on wireless. 

I wonder if that’s connected to my inability to get the Xbox mobile app to see my Series X. It sees my old One X just fine but when I try and link the new one it just says “turn on the console and log in” and never detects that I’ve actually done that.