Xbox Series X | S

2 minutes ago, vezna said:

Can’t finish the new Destiny 2 expansion due to random disconnections and Apex Legends is too laggy to play properly. No issues with the same games on my PC on the same network in my house. 

Wired?

Can't speak for destiny but apex seemed to be fine.

26 minutes ago, vezna said:

Can’t finish the new Destiny 2 expansion due to random disconnections and Apex Legends is too laggy to play properly. No issues with the same games on my PC on the same network in my house. 

Are you on a BT hub? You might have the issue I had.

16 hours ago, Parksey said:

So as a lapsed Xbox 360 owner coming back, I fancy returning to some franchises that kept me occupied in the late 2000s - namely, Halo and Gears. 

Same here, so I started back in with Gears 5 - I absolutely loathe the tone of this game, from the start the voice acting and setting just boiled my piss. A flying robot called Dave, for fuck's sake. It's almost beyond comprehension that this big budget, flagship title has such completely brain-dead, unlikeable writing. It makes the game feel stupid. Overall mechanics and feel of the game are sludgy and unsatisfying, I found it dated, clumsy and boring. Just an incredibly basic shooter with endless padding and cruft. Awful.

Same with Forza 4 - obviously huge budget, everything polished, approved by marketing and shiny, but fuck me if this isn't one of the most tasteless, cynical and synthetic experiences I've ever had with a game. I can't figure out who this kind of direction is for - it's like a parody of a videogame. Actual racing is fine, but everything around it is absolutely rancid.

I would suggest Remnant and Wreckfest to these two games.

Just now, Super Craig said:

Anyone else having issues with Forza Horizon 4? Being pestered with upgrade messages for DLC that I’ve already upgraded. And going to LEGO Valley just gave me my car in a black circle along with tons of LEGO mini figures. No scenery or anything.

I feel the pain sir.

BUT  has a forumite called Ry recently sold you an Xbox?

1 hour ago, Billy Brown said:

Thanks! Sorry for stinking up the thread with this. It must either be an issue with my specific pad or, more likely, user error. Thanks to everybody who has chipped in on this.

No worries, I would find it irritating so happy(?) to give you the update.

1 hour ago, Ry said:

I think my piss broke Quick Resume. As its not working at all. 

I think pissgate has been the highlight of my month. I literally keep breaking into laughter whenever I remember it:lol: . 

thank you for sharing this gift with us. 

I’d suggest people bouncing off Gears 5 to stick it out until at least the second act. If you don’t like cover shooters it’s never going to win you over, but thanks to the large variety of new enemies the combat is the most emergent it’s ever been in the series. I found Gears 4 incredibly staid by comparison.

Also, as ever, it’s much better in co-op.

6 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Will quick resume work if I have backwards compatible games on external storage? 

It’s a local cache on the internal SSD, so it should do. I’ve mostly just noticed it not working with geometry wars 2 though.

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

I just tried a 4k Blu-ray and let’s just say the Series X will not be playing them again, disc drive noise is off the scale for a media player - such a shame on an otherwise silent machine.

That's not what I wanted to hear, I've gone Digital only on PS5, my Xbox One X was my Bluray player and the XSX was going to replace it.

4 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Same here, so I started back in with Gears 5 - I absolutely loathe the tone of this game, from the start the voice acting and setting just boiled my piss. A flying robot called Dave, for fuck's sake. It's almost beyond comprehension that this big budget, flagship title has such completely brain-dead, unlikeable writing. It makes the game feel stupid. Overall mechanics and feel of the game are sludgy and unsatisfying, I found it dated, clumsy and boring. Just an incredibly basic shooter with endless padding and cruft. Awful.

Same with Forza 4 - obviously huge budget, everything polished, approved by marketing and shiny, but fuck me if this isn't one of the most tasteless, cynical and synthetic experiences I've ever had with a game. I can't figure out who this kind of direction is for - it's like a parody of a videogame. Actual racing is fine, but everything around it is absolutely rancid.

I would suggest Remnant and Wreckless to these two games.

I've never heard of those two, but if they are on Gamepass, nothing's off the table in terms of trying something out. 

I get what you mean about Forza Horizon. I played the opening last night and the "racer dude sick fast cars bro" vibe is a turn off. Reminds me a bit of Burnout 3's shift from silent, gleeful chaos into a DJ-infused "edgy" punk fest which made me just wish I was driving safely and responsible and obeying the rules of the road to stick it to such people. 

Completely unnecessary.

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

I was going to do the same, may need to give in and get a disc PS5 now

Fwiw this hasn't been my experience at all. It's definitely not as whisper quiet as the fan but with even with the volume muted I have to listen closely to hear the disc drive. 

40 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Fwiw this hasn't been my experience at all. It's definitely not as whisper quiet as the fan but with even with the volume muted I have to listen closely to hear the disc drive. 

Im probably sensitive too it but even my Sony 4k player is noisy enough to annoy me but this is on another level, I still remember people on here saying the PS3 was quiet.... I guess we all have different frequencies that we pick up on, my series x is behind the telly and it’s still way to loud for disc based films for me :( 

Also without bring a barrel-full of questions to this topic, I presume that Bethesda's back catalogue aren't all on Gamepass yet, but will in the future? 

Some are up, like Fallout 76, Doom Eternal and Dishonoured 2, but can't find the original Dishonoured, Skyrim, Doom 2016 etc. 

Also Gears Ultimate Edition doesn't seem to be on there? 

And I always thought Jet force Gemini was included in the Rare Replay too...

It's been such a confusing day. 

6 hours ago, gooner4life said:

Will quick resume work if I have backwards compatible games on external storage? 

Yes, it absolutely should do, but I've also read a report that there can be issues if you piss directly into the console vents. 

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S