Xbox Series X | S

Worth bearing in mind that these work for movies too, so stick on something on Netflix/Disney+ or a Blu-ray with Atmos support and give them a whirl. You can start the free trial for both Dolby and DTS then switch between them, and the default Windows Sonic, in the Settings menu in a couple of seconds.

I have had similar experience when using Xbox support. Bought a game in error once and no issues refunded me. They didn't even bother removing the game from my account for some reason (it was an old 360 game at under a tenner though).

Only had to use Sonys customer service once, think the service charged me for a game even though it was part of PSN+ which I'd subscribed to a couple of hours earlier. Didn't have a problem getting a refund but took nearly a week to sort out. 

To be fair heard lots of horror stories from both sides but personally not had an issue with either of them. MS seem to have a better infrastructure to sort things out quicker but then they are a software company first and foremost so would be a bad show if they didn't.

Why I chose MS is that well commitment to BC, GamePass is a great idea. I don't have to play on an Xbox console if I don't want to. So even if my Xbox dies for whatever reason I can continue on a PC or even a mobile phone. Just never had many issues with MS's services either, OneDrive, MS 365 etc. All works well most of the time. Odd glitch here or there but gets patched out quite quickly.

Folks a question in regards to capturing video.

So I know when internally stored, you're limited to 30 seconds at 4k. I must say, the 30 seconds clips I've shared with mates have looked exceptional.

However am I right in thinking if I want longer at 4k I'd need to use an external HDD? Any would do, right?

Also, when uploading to Xbox Live are you still limited to 30 seconds? Or can you also upload the longer clips that you capture and save to the external drive?

Cheers!

30 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Folks a question in regards to capturing video.

So I know when internally stored, you're limited to 30 seconds at 4k. I must say, the 30 seconds clips I've shared with mates have looked exceptional.

However am I right in thinking if I want longer at 4k I'd need to use an external HDD? Any would do, right?

Also, when uploading to Xbox Live are you still limited to 30 seconds? Or can you also upload the longer clips that you capture and save to the external drive?

Cheers!

The external drive needs to be USB 3.0 and formatted NTFS (so you can't use the same drive for game storage and game clips).

I've never actually tried it but if it doesn't let you upload a 5min clip to Xbox Live it should let you upload to something else like Onedrive or twitter etc. 

3 hours ago, Pockets said:

A little story about why I went with Xbox this gen. I think many will know about my Sony issues and taking them to Watchdog back in 2015 but I'm willing to accept they've improved since then as people say they're better. Who knows? I certainly won't be finding out.

I'm not in the habit of contacting customer services despite what it looks like. However, when the XSX launched last week I bought FIFA. I knew the next gen upgrade was coming and I always want a football game and because I get so much use out of them I thought 'fuck it' and bought it digitally for £53.99. Excessive, but saves me fucking about with discs.

I was a little bit annoyed, then, when I saw it on sale for £32.99 today. Oh well, my bad luck. Then I remembered that people had similar experiences on Steam with sales and had sometimes got refunds so I thought I'd chance my arm. 10 minutes later...

"Thank you so much for patiently waiting! As I've check yes, the FIFA 21 Beckham Edition Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S that you have purchased is now on promotion for £32.99 and yes, as I've confirm to my superior we can process the partial refund for £21.99 and the money will be credited back on your account as early as 24 hours or 3-5 business days depending on your bank policy."

I know this sort of thing maybe should be standard but I think we're all used to it not being. I know MS are usually pretty good and I'd hoped for the best but expected maybe a £10 credit or something.

Maybe I'm wrong and Sony are brilliant now, but I just can't imagine them doing the same. Hopefully it's something that will never come up for most people and therefore shouldn't factor into decisions, but I think it's something worth sharing and it's nice when companies get things right.

I want to do that same thing regarding a purchase but can’t fit the life of me find an email online for customer support. How did you find yours? 

10 minutes ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

I want to do that same thing regarding a purchase but can’t fit the life of me find an email online for customer support. How did you find yours? 

I just did it through chat. Their website isn’t the greatest but I found that easy enough. Couldn’t tell you where though. 

They’ll want the date you bought it, order number and they’ll send you a code to verify, so be ready for that. 

1 minute ago, Pockets said:

I just did it through chat. Their website isn’t the greatest but I found that easy enough. Couldn’t tell you where though. 

They’ll want the date you bought it, order number and they’ll send you a code to verify, so be ready for that. 

yeah, I can only get out through to virtual assistants that are useless. No luck finding a human 

I bought DTS on a whim yesterday without bothering with the trial first, think I might get a refund from MS and stick to atmos as I can't really tell much of a difference between the two after reading that DTS was superior, to my uneducated ears atmos just seems a bit more crisp and accurate. As mentioned above with MS support, I have no worries about having any issues from them and expect a refund with no quibbles.

Also I was struggling to get through to a real human about my elite V2 issue, it seems the chat option is hidden away at the moment. I finally managed to through Microsoft office tech support somehow in the depths of their website and they gave me this link 

https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/en-us/contact/chat/48/

Which is a direct link to Xbox support, worth saving on your favourites maybe

@Oh Danny Boy

Also in your Microsoft order history there should be a button which says refund information and a refund can be requested without need for contacting chat

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders

^ direct link to refund information on eligible orders. (You can still contact MS about orders not on the list I'm sure) Just did my DTS order and the refund was instant. Don't think anyone even reviews them 

45 minutes ago, SnoopZakaDaVe said:

I bought DTS on a whim yesterday without bothering with the trial first, think I might get a refund from MS and stick to atmos as I can't really tell much of a difference between the two after reading that DTS was superior, to my uneducated ears atmos just seems a bit more crisp and accurate. As mentioned above with MS support, I have no worries about having any issues from them and expect a refund with no quibbles.

Also I was struggling to get through to a real human about my elite V2 issue, it seems the chat option is hidden away at the moment. I finally managed to through Microsoft office tech support somehow in the depths of their website and they gave me this link 

https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/en-us/contact/chat/48/

Which is a direct link to Xbox support, worth saving on your favourites maybe

@Oh Danny Boy

Also in your Microsoft order history there should be a button which says refund information and a refund can be requested without need for contacting chat

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders

^ direct link to refund information on eligible orders. (You can still contact MS about orders not on the list I'm sure) Just did my DTS order and the refund was instant. Don't think anyone even reviews them 

thanks for that. They sorted me a partial refund for watchdogs legion after I asked why it’s been reduced so soon after I purchased it at launch. 

17 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Today is pay day and I wanna buy a game for my X. Is there anything with even a hint of next gen wow ?

Maybe try CoD? I’ve been tempted as I like the campaigns and they usually look nice. It’s so expensive though. 

45 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Today is pay day and I wanna buy a game for my X. Is there anything with even a hint of next gen wow ?

Valhalla is the most graphically impressive game I have seen. 

6 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Which one is the burger menu?

If start is on the right, and select is on the left, then the burger button is the start button. 

I know they don’t make sense, but they’ll always be start and select to me. 

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S