Xbox Series X | S

26 minutes ago, Clipper said:

Bitch about it, and I can see your perspective but that's the price of piggybacking on a massive presence like Amazon. Plenty of other places to sell, they might not get as much traction but again that is what you are paying for.

Oh, I will, I was on there for 7 years, got the boot because someone claimed I'd sent them a fake GBA SP, it was infact faulty, but at that point AmZ wanted invoices for everything before they would reinstate the account, and with secondhand tat, it's not possible, so that was that, one complaint for inauthenticity and they moved me along, they don't care how much you make them either, think the average fee was around 14-15K a year in fee's, and for a £50 console, I got booted off...... I'm not bitter at ALL.

I sent the GBA SP to MyMate Vince on Youtube and he fixed it up for one of his video's, didn't get me back on Amazon, but I felt vindicated that I'd definitely not sold a fake.

5 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

Oh, I will, I was on there for 7 years, got the boot because someone claimed I'd sent them a fake GBA SP, it was infact faulty, but at that point AmZ wanted invoices for everything before they would reinstate the account, and with secondhand tat, it's not possible, so that was that, one complaint for inauthenticity and they moved me along, they don't care how much you make them either, think the average fee was around 14-15K a year in fee's, and for a £50 console, I got booted off...... I'm not bitter at ALL.

I sent the GBA SP to MyMate Vince on Youtube and he fixed it up for one of his video's, didn't get me back on Amazon, but I felt vindicated that I'd definitely not sold a fake.

that is a raw deal I agree. To be clear my post was in response to your initial criticism which was about their fees.

Think I have a pretty major fault with my SX, wondering if anyone else has experienced it. 

Whenever I plug anything in the front USB (normally my vape to charge it) it disconnects my pad. And the pad won't sync back whatsoever  (the pad tries to find it by flashing but when I press the re-sync button on the front of the Xbox the light on the logo on the console does nothing when it should blink normally when pairing) 

It means I have to do a hard reset each time I want to get my controller back on.

Not sure if it's a common fault or not. 

Edit- Tried plugging the controller in using 3 different USB cables and it still doesn't connect.  Quick look on the Xbox support forums and 100s of people are reporting the same issue with no fix. 

40 minutes ago, Ry said:

Think I have a pretty major fault with my SX, wondering if anyone else has experienced it. 

Whenever I plug anything in the front USB (normally my vape to charge it) it disconnects my pad. And the pad won't sync back whatsoever  (the pad tries to find it by flashing but when I press the re-sync button on the front of the Xbox the light on the logo on the console does nothing when it should blink normally when pairing) 

It means I have to do a hard reset each time I want to get my controller back on.

Not sure if it's a common fault or not. 

Edit- Tried plugging the controller in using 3 different USB cables and it still doesn't connect.  Quick look on the Xbox support forums and 100s of people are reporting the same issue with no fix. 

Did they all also piss in their Series X’s?

On 05/12/2020 at 17:00, JPL said:

That does look nice, but it’s cross gen and doesn’t look to be pushing things all that much. I want something that blows me away with visuals and gameplay. A proper system seller.

Considering the whole thing with Xbox series is that the games will still work on your old Xbox, you may have picked the wrong system.

6 hours ago, Strafe said:

Considering the whole thing with Xbox series is that the games will still work on your old Xbox, you may have picked the wrong system.

Come on, you know what I mean!

It’s cool if they’ve got graphically cut down versions of games running on the previous system, just as previous gen games looking all new and fancy on the Series consoles is. I just want to know what their release schedule is and see some new games that are targeting the power of these consoles.

Sony have managed to get their cross gen games looking a good step up on the PS5 and they’ve also announced a few upcoming cross gen titles that will no doubt look excellent as well.

MS don’t seem to be pushing the games in the same way and although I’m sure they’ve got plenty coming up, I’d like to see some of them. They’ve said they learnt from the mistakes of the Xbox One having ‘no games’, so I want them to show me they mean it.

8 hours ago, deerokus said:

Quick Resume really blew my mind there. Booted up Doom 64 which ai last played about a week and a half ago. Must have played 15 different games since then. 

Quick resumed straight into where I was. Wow! 

How does that work then? I thought there was only room for 5 titles, and when you play a 6th the oldest one gets dropped out of quick resume?

Is quick resume smart enough to identify and exclude games that don’t support it?

8 hours ago, deerokus said:

Quick Resume really blew my mind there. Booted up Doom 64 which ai last played about a week and a half ago. Must have played 15 different games since then. 

Quick resumed straight into where I was. Wow! 

Quick resume wasn't working with any games for ages for me. 

Yesterday i fired up FH4 and it quick resumed from when I played it on launch day. I must have played about 15 different games since then. Was very strange. 

Quick resume works totally randomly with AC Valhalla and 100% of the time with Apex Legends (it then disconnects me within 20 seconds due to the nature of the game). It’s a bit of a lottery with other games I play much less frequently. Early days but certainly feels like a very broken feature. 

Yeah, Quick Resume seems very hit and miss. My other half had been playing Call Of The Sea last night on his profile and when I loaded it up this morning (for the Daily Reward points) it resumed his game on my profile and unlocked the achievements he'd got so far. 

1 hour ago, Popo said:

How does that work then? I thought there was only room for 5 titles, and when you play a 6th the oldest one gets dropped out of quick resume?

Is quick resume smart enough to identify and exclude games that don’t support it?

yes it is smart enough - if you play 3 QR games and 7 non-QR games then it will only remember the 3 QR games so it doesnt take up a "slot" if ti cant QR

1 hour ago, JPL said:

Sony have managed to get their cross gen games looking a good step up on the PS5 and they’ve also announced a few upcoming cross gen titles that will no doubt look excellent as well.

And so have Microsoft. Gears 5, Tactics, Forza Horizon 4 etc. all look and feel fantastic. 

There’s no pleasing some people. I got £40 off with vouchers and just traded our old VCR Xbox One in for £70!

It seems lovely. So fast that it feels like an upgrade from my One X. 

As unexciting as the UI is compared to PS5’s, it just works so well. 

Have queued up a load of games to download - has anyone tried Control on Series S? You’re presumably getting the base Xbox One version with a smoothed out framerate. I’m tempted to wait for the next gen patch, but knowing 505, they’ll probably take it off Game Pass when that launches. 

15 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Have queued up a load of games to download - has anyone tried Control on Series S? You’re presumably getting the base Xbox One version with a smoothed out framerate. I’m tempted to wait for the next gen patch, but knowing 505, they’ll probably take it off Game Pass when that launches. 

I think the version on gamepass is the last gen version just so it may not get the upgrade. It's only the "ultimate edition" that will get the next-gen patch at the moment. No idea if that'll change on gamepass though.

19 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Apparently the grinding when you open a menu is no longer present, which is worth the price alone tbh.

Grinding?

I gave Ori a go at 120fps. I honestly couldn't tell the difference. I wonder if it might be a bit more noticeable in a 3D game.

23 minutes ago, jamesy said:

I think the version on gamepass is the last gen version just so it may not get the upgrade. It's only the "ultimate edition" that will get the next-gen patch at the moment. No idea if that'll change on gamepass though.

I think it's unlikely since the ultimate version packs in DLC which is not typically (ever?) the deal with 3rd party gamepass stuff. 

I hope not anyway, I bought Control Ultimate in the recent sale and am waiting for the patch! 

21 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I gave Ori a go at 120fps. I honestly couldn't tell the difference. I wonder if it might be a bit more noticeable in a 3D game.

Put me in the club of people who can't tell the difference between 60/120 fps. The difference between 30 and 60 is night and day for me but that jump to 120 is pretty much imperceptible, although I'm still holding out hope that I'm just missing something!

If you're after a 3D game, the Master Chief Collection is all 120fps now, played through the entirety of Halo CE and it certainly felt smooth, but smoother than 60fps? My eyes must be old.