Jump to content

Xbox Series X | S


Recommended Posts

Having just got my S I decided to skip back a few pages and oh my word @Ry's story of getting smashed and pissing in his X was absolutely hilarious. As was the resulting flow of puns. 

 

Have you got quick resume working yet Ry? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to view screenshots you've taken on an Xbox Series console on your PC? I get that you can view them on your phone, but I can't find a way to view them from my computer, either in the Xbox app or in a browser.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having just returned to the xbox ecosystem after well over a decade away, I've started a new gamertag. Do we have a list of Rllmuk users? As my only friend is Major Nelson, and I don't like the cut of his job, quite frankly.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ThePixelbarks said:

Having just returned to the xbox ecosystem after well over a decade away, I've started a new gamertag. Do we have a list of Rllmuk users? As my only friend is Major Nelson, and I don't like the cut of his job, quite frankly.

 

 

I'm new to it as well. My tag is Jamie John 1990. Add me!

 

image.png.9f58490ea905fb02063db308bbf3ed89.png

 

And that goes for anyone else, too. :hat:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Is there a way to view screenshots you've taken on an Xbox Series console on your PC? I get that you can view them on your phone, but I can't find a way to view them from my computer, either in the Xbox app or in a browser.

 

You can access them using the Xbox Console Companion app from the Windows store or use one of the 3rd party websites like https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/jamie-john-1990/screenshots

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, over a week ago I started a gaming tower re arrange thing, mainly so I could fit my series X in there. Well over a week later, it's finally done. 

 

It got a few likes at the time so I thought I'd pop a link up to the now updated post :)

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, womble9 said:

So, over a week ago I started a gaming tower re arrange thing, mainly so I could fit my series X in there. Well over a week later, it's finally done. 

 

It got a few likes at the time so I thought I'd pop a link up to the now updated post :)

 

 

 

You utter monster!!! 
 

unwrap that SNES controller cable immediately. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, womble9 said:

So, over a week ago I started a gaming tower re arrange thing, mainly so I could fit my series X in there. Well over a week later, it's finally done. 

 

It got a few likes at the time so I thought I'd pop a link up to the now updated post :)

 

IMG_1080.jpg

 

Dunno if you've mentioned it, but some of that placement looks pretty tight. I don't think that Series X has got enough room for air to get out (or urine to get in). I think Microsoft recommend 5cm on each side.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really neat and tidy but I would be a bit concerned about overheating the Series X in that setup also. The cooling system works by sucking in cool air through the bottom and expelling the hot air through the top. That's why there is a small circular stand on the bottom of the machine, to allow room for air to be sucked in 360 degrees around the bottom.

 

I'm not sure you're leaving enough room to take a decent amount of cool air in at the bottom and I don't see how the hot air disperses properly when it comes out of the top.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

 

Dunno if you've mentioned it, but some of that placement looks pretty tight. I don't think that Series X has got enough room for air to get out (or urine to get in). I think Microsoft recommend 5cm on each side.

 

 

I was thinking that, too. Can you put the XSX on top of the sub @womble9?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t see this mentioned, so apologies if it has, but Little Nightmares is free on Games with Gold this month. I’ve had that on my Switch watch list for ages and I’m looking forward to trying it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Popo said:

I haven’t see this mentioned, so apologies if it has, but Little Nightmares is free on Games with Gold this month. I’ve had that on my Switch watch list for ages and I’m looking forward to trying it. 

 

It's great. The sequel's out next month, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/01/2021 at 11:52, Fletch said:

Having just got my S I decided to skip back a few pages and oh my word @Ry's story of getting smashed and pissing in his X was absolutely hilarious. As was the resulting flow of puns. 

 

Have you got quick resume working yet Ry? 

 

 

Page number?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gooner4life said:

@Timmo have you tried Fifa 21 next gen on the Series S? how is it?

Yeah, I've played about 10 games and dropped it, it's just as shit as the last gen version!

 

Either that or I'm just burned out on FIFA.

 

Obviously the loading is much better, you don't even get time to see your opposition's team as it's only up for 1-2 seconds. Visuals are much of a muchness.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

 

Dunno if you've mentioned it, but some of that placement looks pretty tight. I don't think that Series X has got enough room for air to get out (or urine to get in). I think Microsoft recommend 5cm on each side.

 

 

12 hours ago, Majora said:

It's really neat and tidy but I would be a bit concerned about overheating the Series X in that setup also. The cooling system works by sucking in cool air through the bottom and expelling the hot air through the top. That's why there is a small circular stand on the bottom of the machine, to allow room for air to be sucked in 360 degrees around the bottom.

 

I'm not sure you're leaving enough room to take a decent amount of cool air in at the bottom and I don't see how the hot air disperses properly when it comes out of the top.

 

11 hours ago, deerokus said:

I'd take the 360 out and put the SX on its side. 

 

Thanks for taking an interest in the positioning of it and for the feedback guys, it's genuinely appreciated :).

 

I did do a load of checking up on the positioning of it (in the Austin Evans video they put it to the test by putting it in a box and then even covering the vent and in the iFixit one you can see there are large vents on the rear) and I'm pretty sure it'll be fine. The official MS take on it its that they suggest a minimum of 1.5 inches (4cm) free at the top. In the pictures I posted it doesn't look I've got anything like that but the (3.5cm high) horizontal bar above the console is only 1cm deep and beyond that the gap between top of the console to the bottom of the glass shelf (sat on top of the horizontal bar) is 5.5cm so I'm confident that I'm ok on that front. Re the air intake, the front and the rear / back don't have anything anywhere near them and whilst the 360 is close (1.5cm) to the L/H side the fan should still be able to draw air though the gap and the WiiU stand is only small / all of the R/H beyond that is free for air to flow though. One last point (and an important one at that) that needs to be remembered is that the air intake is active (ie the fan is actually sucking the air in) not passive (ie just relying on the natural movement of air) and as such even if you partially blocked one part of the vent then the fan (which physically shifts x amount of air per revolution) would just draw more air in through the free ports albeit at a higher speed.

 

Has everybody's been running as silently as most of the videos / reviews suggest (ie One X like quiet) as I'd certainly like to have an idea as to where mine should be noise wise (always a good indicator of if things are getting a little toasty eh!)?  

    

 

 

 

12 hours ago, Jamie John said:

 

I was thinking that, too. Can you put the XSX on top of the sub @womble9?

 

No, afraid not. Indeed that's one of the places that they (MS) tell you not to place it on their "How to position and ventilate your Xbox console" page. I'm guessing that low frequency vibrations and the risk that said speaker / sub might not be magnetically shielded rule it out.

 

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/hardware-network/console/position-ventilate-console

 

If I do end up having issues then I already know where it'll be going as I considered the following spot in an early doors "where the hell's this all gonna go" build:

 

IMG_0960.thumb.jpg.af90235fe575ac53c0b77a4a33962a5c.jpg

 

 :).

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, carlospie said:

The secret to quick resume is when you go back to the home screen don't quit the game. Iv got it working on pretty much everything doing it that way. 

Except when playing Immortals as Quick Resume breaks the connection with Ubi Connect which seems to screw game saving.

 

But yeah, otherwise fantastic feature which I use on everything else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, carlospie said:

The secret to quick resume is when you go back to the home screen don't quit the game. Iv got it working on pretty much everything doing it that way. 

 

Well, of course. It's like minimising a window, as opposed to closing it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jg15 said:

Except when playing Immortals as Quick Resume breaks the connection with Ubi Connect which seems to screw game saving.

 

But yeah, otherwise fantastic feature which I use on everything else.

 

I had an issue with it crashing after about 1 min when you quick resumed, but I never had the save issue (although I never chose the online save?? not even sure what that is). Also for the last week of playing it I haven't had a single issue with Quick resume on Immortals so I do wonder if a patch came out to fix it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.