Xbox Series X | S

17 hours ago, carlospie said:

The secret to quick resume is when you go back to the home screen don't quit the game. Iv got it working on pretty much everything doing it that way. 

Wut?

15 minutes ago, Chooch said:

Wut?

He means don’t quit out of a game back to the menu screen. I still have a weird habit of doing that myself on the basis that it needs to be done!

I do always save before switching off though, just in case QR fails and I lose an ungodly amount of progress.

3 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

I had an issue with it crashing after about 1 min when you quick resumed, but I never had the save issue (although I never chose the online save?? not even sure what that is). Also for the last week of playing it I haven't had a single issue with Quick resume on Immortals so I do wonder if a patch came out to fix it.

To be fair I only encountered the issue once but it did end in me losing two hours and the only thing I can attribute it to is QR. Basically when going to Manually Save it hangs and you have to quit the game from the dash, it doesn't even pick up any autosaves made during that play session.

A few people have encountered it and reported it on the Ubi forum here https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2303251-Save-issue-Lost-daily-progress. If it has been patched brilliant but I don't trust Ubisoft and will continue to reset the game and manually save (which has worked fine so far). Also it appears all of their recent releases have been buggy as fuck (Legion/Valhalla) especially on Series Consoles and I don't think QR helps with that.

32 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Obviously quick resume doesn't work if you quit the game. 

I didn't know this. I would go back to home then manually go into the game and click quit, thus stopping quick resume 

2 hours ago, deerokus said:

And now the reason for wildly varying experiences of quick resume becomes clear. 

I'd do it like on your phone where you close any running apps by swiping them off. Any time I'd stop playing a game I'd then manually close it from dash. Just an automatic thing I'd do.

5 hours ago, Jg15 said:

To be fair I only encountered the issue once but it did end in me losing two hours and the only thing I can attribute it to is QR. Basically when going to Manually Save it hangs and you have to quit the game from the dash, it doesn't even pick up any autosaves made during that play session.

A few people have encountered it and reported it on the Ubi forum here https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2303251-Save-issue-Lost-daily-progress. If it has been patched brilliant but I don't trust Ubisoft and will continue to reset the game and manually save (which has worked fine so far). Also it appears all of their recent releases have been buggy as fuck (Legion/Valhalla) especially on Series Consoles and I don't think QR helps with that.

Immortals still does it. I save and quit every session. AC never once QRd or me. 

Valhalla Quick Resume’s for me every time. I’m swapping between that and Doom Eternal a lot at the moment and they’re both fine. Hitman 2 doesn’t appear to work, but that kinda makes sense as it’s server based.

1 hour ago, CarloOos said:

Valhalla Quick Resume’s for me every time. I’m swapping between that and Doom Eternal a lot at the moment and they’re both fine. Hitman 2 doesn’t appear to work, but that kinda makes sense as it’s server based.

See, Hitman 2 works for me most of the time but occasionally it fails. I think maybe it depends on the menu you quit out on? Or maybe it's just flakey. It definitely works more often than not for me but I always quit back to the game menu first.

5 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

I've not played many games on my S since getting it, but WRC 9 never quick resumes which is a shame because it's the perfect sort of game for the feature.

That's strange because I went through a period of switching between that game and Cyberpunk and QR worked fine with both.

15 hours ago, carlospie said:

I'd do it like on your phone where you close any running apps by swiping them off. Any time I'd stop playing a game I'd then manually close it from dash. Just an automatic thing I'd do.

Please list everything else you automatically do because it appears you've been living your entire life wrongly.

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S - S in stock at Currys right now
11 hours ago, Majora said:

See, Hitman 2 works for me most of the time but occasionally it fails. I think maybe it depends on the menu you quit out on? Or maybe it's just flakey. It definitely works more often than not for me but I always quit back to the game menu first.

Quick resume should be disabled on those games that require a constant online connection as it totally screws them up. Case in point Doritos Crash Course which has a head fit everytime it boots in from QR (my daughter loves this game BTW, thats why we are always playing it!)

11 hours ago, Majora said:

It’s fine if I drop back to the dash and suspend it as normal, but if I play something else I’ll have to start it again. I’ll be playing everything through Hitman 3 client soon anyway, that’s a proper Series S/X title so maybe it’ll be sorted.

2 hours ago, Jg15 said:

Quick resume should be disabled on those games that require a constant online connection as it totally screws them up. Case in point Doritos Crash Course which has a head fit everytime it boots in from QR (my daughter loves this game BTW, thats why we are always playing it!)

I agree and mentioned this earlier in the thread. For Apex, QR either makes getting into a game longer or (rarely) just flat out crashes the game requiring either a reboot or loading another game to make it work. 

Maybe when they get around to making a proper X/S update for Apex it will improve. But right now it’s terrible user experiences: quick resume into the game at whatever point you left it but with frozen controls, wait for a couple of seconds, get a server error and get kicked back to the start of the game. 

I’d like an option to turn off QR for some games. Right now I always make a point of quitting Apex via the menu after playing. Solves the problem but feels like I’m working around bad design. 

13 hours ago, SteveH said:

That's strange because I went through a period of switching between that game and Cyberpunk and QR worked fine with both.

I think Microsoft have temporarily disabled it on some games, but to be honest I've barely read into it.

All I really know is, it doesn't work for me, and it's a minor niggle that I can do fuck all about.

9 hours ago, Dudley said:

Please list everything else you automatically do because it appears you've been living your entire life wrongly.

I always take out all the petrol from my car between journeys 

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S