Xbox Series X | S

Don't forget RT isn't always obvious as its not always shiny surfaces or reflections.

Personally I think when it gets used great but if they choose not to either for artistic or technical reasons then thats fine. Otherwise you just end up with that bolt on situation. The likes of Hitman 3 (On Xbox) demonstrates that you can have a stunning looking game with fantastic shines without RT. (Even if they are planning to add it later).

Another Xbox account question.

I have got an Xbox series X. I am going to stay with my brother for a few weeks, he's got series s. If I log in with my profile on his series s, will I be able to play my game pass games and carry my saves over?

I'm a fair bit through supraland now, and I really want to finish it.

2 minutes ago, KRP said:

Another Xbox account question.

I have got an Xbox series X. I am going to stay with my brother for a few weeks, he's got series s. If I log in with my profile on his series s, will I be able to play my game pass games and carry my saves over?

I'm a fair bit through supraland now, and I really want to finish it.

Yes... You account can travel around with you and be used anywhere. However it needs a internet connection if its not on your home console. All game saves etc are synced to the cloud no matter where you play (PC/Phone/Console).

Think we need to add something to the top page of this topic as this seems to come up a fair bit! :D 

6 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Yes... You account can travel around with you and be used anywhere. However it needs a internet connection if its not on your home console. All game saves etc are synced to the cloud no matter where you play (PC/Phone/Console).

Think we need to add something to the top page of this topic as this seems to come up a fair bit! :D 

Amazing! I was considering packing up the X as well. That's saved my weedy arms.

14 minutes ago, KRP said:

Amazing! I was considering packing up the X as well. That's saved my weedy arms.

Its fantastic and works extremely well. Flick between my PC and Xbox and all games just sync fine and I can pick up from where I left off. 

I also grabbed my phone the other day to have a tinker to see how the xCloud streaming stuff is coming on as I haven't used it for a while now (last time I had a quick go it was over a year ago in beta). Have to say really impressed. It needs a 5Ghz connection to the router though to run smoothly most of the games have touch controls too although much better with the pad. The Xbox platform that MS have been building over the years is great especially how mostly it all just works (had the odd issue with the PC at times but even that seems to have settled down since it came out of beta).

38 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

You can log into any xbox in the world with your account and access your games and saves. It's been this way since 2013.

Indeed. Despite the uproar when the keynote was made on the Xbox One lots of things were actually quite good to be fair. Think it was just not great timing regarding the digital and having games keyed to consoles so restricting second hand sales of disks.

FF to 2021 and GamePass has actually got them to where they want to be :). Personally I'm so used to getting digital games on a PC that it has never really bothered me. Don't think I'll ever get a disk based game on my Series X in the whole duration of owning it to be honest. Pointless these days anyway as there are that many patches and updates the contents of the disk are practically useless without having a service to connect the console too. Don't think I've had one disk game that has not needed a patch of some kind since owning a console in the past 7 years.

Anyhow did like having games with instructions and packaging but just accepting that the world has moved on. Still have a retro console with a few games with manuals and boxes to reminisce over and show the kids how games used to be delivered.:D I actually enjoy not having the clutter around the house of media.

However convenience is king I guess. Loved having The Medium patched and ready to go day one at release time. It was great. No waiting for the post then waiting for it to install and patch. Even better it was part of my sub on GamePass. 

Just been sitting next to me daughter playing SOT with headphones on in the Series S. It really is absolutely silent isn’t it? I mean i thought the X was silent but I think that might make the tiniest whir. I had to hold my hand over the S to check it wasn’t broken. 

Did cooling tech just suddenly get that much better or is there some sort of voodoo at work? 

1 hour ago, Yiggy said:

Just been sitting next to me daughter playing SOT with headphones on in the Series S. It really is absolutely silent isn’t it? I mean i thought the X was silent but I think that might make the tiniest whir. I had to hold my hand over the S to check it wasn’t broken. 

Did cooling tech just suddenly get that much better or is there some sort of voodoo at work? 

More powerful tech that gets less hot I guess. Also probably better fan control. Saying that I'm not sure if the new Xboxes have variable fans or they just stay at a constant speed. Never heard the Series X fan ramp up at all since I've owned it (for just over three months now). 

Lovely units though the S and the X consoles. Really quiet. Impressed with both. 

I mentioned this before in one of the Xbox threads that it was the only platform that didn’t show playtime for each game unless it was included in the specific stats for the game. It seems that this has now been added to all games (not x360) under the stats section. 

10 hours ago, ymaohyd said:

I mentioned this before in one of the Xbox threads that it was the only platform that didn’t show playtime for each game unless it was included in the specific stats for the game. It seems that this has now been added to all games (not x360) under the stats section. 

Where is that?

59 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Where is that?

Under achievements. Show all achievements. Choose the game and stats is on the left hand side. 

However I had a look last night and it still didn’t have it for a bunch and still said this game has no stats for quite a few so no idea. 

23 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

Under achievements. Show all achievements. Choose the game and stats is on the left hand side. 

However I had a look last night and it still didn’t have it for a bunch and still said this game has no stats for quite a few so no idea. 

I’m on the Alpha preview thing so it might be to do with that but I can’t see any recent release notes on it.

Good to see that regular people are managing to get stock now rather than bots...

Oh, wait. Currys had stock at 5.10am this morning and sold out withing minutes?! Yeah, those will all have been bought by legit customers.

25 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Good to see that regular people are managing to get stock now rather than bots...

Oh, wait. Currys had stock at 5.10am this morning and sold out withing minutes?! Yeah, those will all have been bought by legit customers.

It's really frustrating. I hadn't planned on jumping to next gen quite so soon but my Xbox One is dying; it's started showing a flashing power light on the front and is unable to launch any games without a restart.

So I'll get an Xbox One S, I thought. Nope, all sold out. I'd get an Xbox Series X if I could find one in stock somewhere but no luck. I'm not willing to pay more than RRP. But a quick check of completed listings on eBay shows that there's still hundreds of people willing to pay £100 over RRP or more... :(

57 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

And it's proof the retailers aren't acting in good faith, you do not put out stock at 5:10am on Sunday for any reason other than you actively prefer bot buys.

3 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Yeah, signed up and everything.

I tend to be asleep at 5am on a Sunday morning though!! :lol:

Well, I meant other times really. I’ve had plenty of alerts during day time hours

52 minutes ago, Dudley said:

And it's proof the retailers aren't acting in good faith, you do not put out stock at 5:10am on Sunday for any reason other than you actively prefer bot buys.

Or they just don't care. I suspect it's just automated scanning into a system and put as in stock. Not someone waiting to release them at 5am. All money to them and the practice isn't loosing them any customers long term.

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

I’m sure Curry’s and other retailers would prefer normal customers, they’re more likely to make other/repeat/future purchases and to be fair that’s a reasonable time, normally, for stock to refresh for the next day.

Shops need a pre-order system where they can verify the customers, I think I saw something from ShopTo recently where they were doing that.

I notice that you can register your interest with BASE.com for XBOX Series X (£0.01 for card check probably). My son got a PS5 from them a couple of weeks before launch, he’d missed the first tranche of pre-orders but they notified him about a second. It was a straightforward case of logging in and paying. I imagine there’s a bit of a queue but maybe worth trying for someone.

On 30/01/2021 at 11:56, Yiggy said:

Ha neat!!

Dark Souls 2: 10d 7h 26m.

Anywhere near the end? Probably not :facepalm:

1 hour ago, thesnwmn said:

Or they just don't care. I suspect it's just automated scanning into a system and put as in stock. Not someone waiting to release them at 5am. All money to them and the practice isn't loosing them any customers long term.

Maybe, and to be fair, Currys were the open who somehow managed to piss off 1 in 20 customers into never shopping with them again, scalpers won't ever go through their CS so it'll actually make their numbers better.

1 hour ago, scoobysi said:

I’m sure Curry’s and other retailers would prefer normal customers, they’re more likely to make other/repeat/future purchases and to be fair that’s a reasonable time, normally, for stock to refresh for the next day.

Shops need a pre-order system where they can verify the customers, I think I saw something from ShopTo recently where they were doing that.

They did, briefly, the consoles were entirely missing from their site when I checked yesterday.

1 hour ago, scoobysi said:

I notice that you can register your interest with BASE.com for XBOX Series X (£0.01 for card check probably). My son got a PS5 from them a couple of weeks before launch, he’d missed the first tranche of pre-orders but they notified him about a second. It was a straightforward case of logging in and paying. I imagine there’s a bit of a queue but maybe worth trying for someone.

Ta, can't hurt to try it, likely I'll probably forget about it until their email so they'll have just sold 2 consoles.

Does anyone else find the auto update (AKA keep my games and apps up to date option) doesn't seem to be working?

Just fired up my series X and saw that it started downloading an update. Went into a list of the updates and saw that this little lot were all stacked up...

IMG_1412.thumb.jpg.250b5ffb07134d5d152f7127e64df9ab.jpg  

Furthermore (though not a big deal, just a bit odd) with Gears for example it shows it as being an 89.2GB (wow!) update yet when it set about doing it showed it as being 91.1...

IMG_1413.thumb.jpg.225ee860d1f11344bad0b26970457a6a.jpg

?!?!

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S