Xbox Series X | S

9 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

Great company for quick deliveries. It’s where I got my X at launch. 

I’ve used them for domestic appliances myself and found them to be excellent as well. 

I’m still on the look out for a series X. Hopefully there is more stock available soon but I know it’s not looking good.

5 hours ago, Yiggy said:

I mean that’s pretty unusual case. Understandable why you’re taking a stance against them personally @mexos but I’ve never had anything like that with them. 

Anyone who’s on the fence about an S, I got one as a 2nd office machine and it’s pretty great on my 1080p monitor. I struggle to tell much of a difference and the saves transfer from the cloud between the 2 seamlessly. It is an extravagance no doubt but being able to have a cheeky game during work breaks and not having to hog the TV is great.  

Mind me asking how you get on with what downloads to which console?

Asking as I too have an Office Xbox (my One X, and yes it's great for a lunchtime blast isn't it!!) and then a Series X in the front room. If I go onto the MS site and check the devices that are linked to my account then shows them both (and they're both correctly named / displayed as being a Series X and a One X) yet when I go to download a game from the Game Pass app it does give me an option of two consoles but they're not labeled as to which is which. Can't quite remember what option it gives me on the regular game store but I'm pretty sure that was just "install" and no mention of a choice as to which console.  

2 minutes ago, womble9 said:

Asking as I too have an Office Xbox (my One X, and yes it's great for a lunchtime blast isn't it!!) and then a Series X in the front room. If I go onto the MS site and check the devices that are linked to my account then shows them both (and they're both correctly named / displayed as being a Series X and a One X) yet when I go to download a game from the Game Pass app it does give me an option of two consoles but they're not labeled as to which is which. Can't quite remember what option it gives me on the regular game store but I'm pretty sure that was just "install" and no mention of a choice as to which console.  

When I install a game from the gamepass app the options says install to and when I press it it offers me a choice of which console. One is called XBOX and the other is called Office Xbox. It also has a different wee icon for each one so the Series X looks like an X and the Series S looks like an S. You set the name in the system info area of settings on the Xboxes themselves. Not tried it with a One X but would have assumed at the least the name thing would be the same. 

1 hour ago, womble9 said:

Rename them in the settings app on the console and it’ll reflect shortly on gamepass with the new name. Mate and I did for gameshare so we can see which series X we are installing too!

2 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

Is the gamepass for £1 upgrade thing still working? I've done mine but asking for a friend as the page says join GPU for 3 months for £1.

Should be. Certainly haven't seen anything to the contrary.

You can currently get a year of Gold for £34.79 from CDKeys if your friend wants to stock up beforehand.

31 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

Is the gamepass for £1 upgrade thing still working? I've done mine but asking for a friend as the page says join GPU for 3 months for £1.

Does he have Live?

15 hours ago, Jacopo said:

I’ve used them for domestic appliances myself and found them to be excellent as well. 

I’m still on the look out for a series X. Hopefully there is more stock available soon but I know it’s not looking good.

It's worth keeping an eye on Microsoft themselves. I bagged my Series X a fortnight ago from them. Delivered within 48 hours as well.

3 hours ago, Yiggy said:

When I install a game from the gamepass app the options says install to and when I press it it offers me a choice of which console. One is called XBOX and the other is called Office Xbox. It also has a different wee icon for each one so the Series X looks like an X and the Series S looks like an S. You set the name in the system info area of settings on the Xboxes themselves. Not tried it with a One X but would have assumed at the least the name thing would be the same. 

1 hour ago, fattakin said:

Rename them in the settings app on the console and it’ll reflect shortly on gamepass with the new name. Mate and I did for gameshare so we can see which series X we are installing too!

Cheers, guys. I am pretty darn sure that I'd renamed them (which was one of the reasons that I was questioning it) but now I'm questioning as to whether I did, or whether I'd just read that you could do it and it was on my (ever growing) to do list!! I'll check it out in shortly :)

Oh and there is one thing that's certainly a little odd, and that's that on the my Game Pass app the icon for my One X is indeed a One X (I worked out which icon was for was which by downloading a different game to each one and seeing which popped up where) whilst my Series X is represented by an icon of.....a big old first gen XB One :wacko:!!    

2 hours ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

It's worth keeping an eye on Microsoft themselves. I bagged my Series X a fortnight ago from them. Delivered within 48 as well.

Ah great, thank you. I’ll keep an eye on their store :)

So, turns out I hadn’t named my two consoles!! Went ahead and did so and my One X is now correctly displaying its name and icon on the gamepass app but the Series X is still displayed as an original Xbox one, hasn’t had its name changed to Series X (that being what I named it) and worse still regardless of which console I select to download stuff too, yup, you guessed it, it all goes to the One X :huh:!?! 

Tried deleting GP app and reinstalling but still no joy.  

25 minutes ago, womble9 said:

So, turns out I hadn’t named my two consoles!! Went ahead and did so and my One X is now correctly displaying its name and icon on the gamepass app but the Series X is still displayed as an original Xbox one, hasn’t had its name changed to Series X (that being what I named it) and worse still regardless of which console I select to download stuff too, yup, you guessed it, it all goes to the One X :huh:!?! 

Tried deleting GP app and reinstalling but still no joy.  

I’m gonna suggest the IT thing of power off reboot for the console

If not done already. Log out of gamepass app and back in again. Stuff like that. It’s got to just be a registration thing. 

Thanks but rebooting them was done after the name changing (it told me I had to do that for the changes to take effect) and I had to sign back into the GP app after reinstalling it. Interestingly I literally just took a look in the XBox app (which as I very rarely use it I’d forgotten about) and it’s all bloody right in there!?! I’ll leave it 24h and see where it is then and if no better then I’ll whiz a message across to support. At least from what you’ve reported (as to how yours works) I know that how I’d like it to be is doable and likely just a glitch eh :).

3 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Are you sure the one listed as Xbox One is your Series X? Have you checked the installed game list in the app to by sure?

Yup. Sent a game (Donut County) to download to one of them (it went to my One X) so I could tell which was which before renaming them last night.   

3 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Have you tried scrolling further to the right where it asks you which console to install to? Just keep scrolling past the Xbox One you don't recognize?

Yeah, it just gives me the following with the XBOB1X showing the correct icon and name as chosen by me, the other console still showing as a XBOXONE which I used to have before my One X.    

IMG_1467.thumb.PNG.c8095abbdde8c4fe5f883c0e34ca52a7.PNG

2 hours ago, Hitcher said:

You can also check your registered devices here -

http://account.microsoft.com/devices

And remove any you no longer own.

Yeah I did that the other week with me removing my old XBox One, leaving me with it showing my Series X and One X. Your post however prompted me to take a look again and indeed it's now showing my One X and Series X with the names (thought it was a bit odd that you can't you use spaces and punctuation when naming?!?) chosen by me:

IMG_1476.thumb.jpg.f224fe03d508537aa5150814f780465b.jpg

Meanwhile all's good (well, apart from the Series X name having a space in it which it wouldn't let me put in there but I'd rather have it that way!) in the XBox App 'hood:

IMG_1477.thumb.PNG.61bc0c41dd8cb28e135063bb7edbfea8.PNG

All v odd!! 

Pretty sure I've seen that it's an issue that they know about / acknowledged. Sorry that that doesn't help you right now but I guess it means a fix should be along pretty soon (and that you're not alone if there's any comfort in that!).

Have you checked (and I mean this in a non patronising way) that both your pad and consoles firmware are up to date? 

44 minutes ago, Radish said:

Is there a fix or anything that can be done for the controller randomly d-syncing? Is is a fault with the controller or the Xbox itself?

Mines doing it and I've only had it two weeks but apparently a fix is on its way.  

What's the best game to blow me away on my new LG CX tomorrow.

I want VRR and 4K/120hz delight for my eyes. 

3 hours ago, cassidy said:

Mines doing it and I've only had it two weeks but apparently a fix is on its way.  

120hz games typically reduce or use a dynamic resolution and graphical effects are toned down to hit the higher frame rate. You’ll get a smoother experience at 120hz but if you want a game to look at it’s very best then you’ll be playing it at 60hz.

I’d suggest the Series X upgrade of Destiny 2 is a remarkable looking game on an OLED. The competitive multiplayer can be played at 120hz as an added bonus. 

3 hours ago, cassidy said:

Ori and The Will of The Wisps

4 hours ago, cassidy said:

I want VRR and 4K/120hz delight for my eyes

Gears 5 if you like that sort of thing. It's a technical marvel. 4k&120 In multiplayer.

Latest Black Ops Looks great, if you like Call of Duty.

Doom Eternal looks amazing.