Xbox Series X | S

51 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Fuck me, I got a Series X! :omg:

I got one as well thanks to you!

Thanks for posting your pro-tip

@womblingfree

Had the order confirmation but no dispatch email yet. So pleased to finally get a young Xbox :) 

6 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

So when you're scrambling to get a console before other buy them how do you find the time to fill out the all access info? 

0nce you get past the Home Delivery choice and select what you want you have twenty minutes to check out.

2 hours ago, Marlew said:

I already have a GPU subscription until December of this year or something and I don't miss a single thing about it. It has literally no value to me. If I want to play a game, I'll buy it. 

:lol:

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

I got one as well thanks to you!

Thanks for posting your pro-tip

@womblingfree

Had the order confirmation but no dispatch email yet. So pleased to finally get a young Xbox :) 

I think the dispatch won’t be for another week at least. I think I saw March 5th...?

55 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Damn, so much for this smart delivery :huh:

I'm surprised the case of Control and it's lack of next gen upgrade passed you by, it's been spoken about extensively. People on both Xbox and Playstation who bought the standard edition have been locked out by 505 games.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-08-20-control-publisher-refuses-to-budge-despite-next-gen-upgrade-backlash

505 games played it perfectly, those players who bit the bullet and resentfully bought Control for the second time on PS5 were treated to a free copy of the ultimate edition on PSN shortly afterwards. 

As someone who sat on the ultimate edition for months waiting for the upgrade to be released, I'm sort of glad Microsoft didn't spring for the ultimate edition on Gamepass. 

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Damn, so much for this smart delivery :huh:

Yep. Publishers have to opt in. Activision did the same with Call Of Duty. You had to buy the Series X version.

So the idea of smart delivery is great in principle.... 

Generally I love my series x and I’d say MS do just about everything better than Sony except game capture, why is it so shit?  Somehow it’s worse than when I had my previous Xbox one consoles - at least there was a basic editor on the console... 

All I want is the ability to select more than a min recording, recors my damn voice and allow me to edit it on the console and upload it FFS

/rant

Totally agree. I never had a One, and was surprised that recording on my X is so much worse than it was on PS4.

What do you mean by edit? I found trimming clips simple enough.

Agree about the length though. 1 minute clips are rubbish compared to the 15mins I could record on PS4. Apparently you record longer if you use an external HDD, but I've not tried. The downside is that you can't upload from the external HDD to Live.

Regarding Control, didn’t Sony just give away the full-fat PS5 version of that on PS+? Got that sitting in my library for the day I finally get one, so wasn’t going to pick it up on Series X.

What I will be picking up are Valhalla and Like a Dragon, with some 4k/60fps Gamepass Beyond Light thrown in. :omg:

2 hours ago, QuackQuack said:

I think the dispatch won’t be for another week at least. I think I saw March 5th...?

Oh boo :( 

I didn’t see that, but I thought the whole checkout experience was a bit wishy washy. 

either way happy to have one and be out of the race to try and grab one, even if I have to wait a week for it to arrive. 

23 minutes ago, rgraves said:

That All Access deal feels expensive right - it's almost £700 - you can trim well over £100 off that with the gold conversion?

I’ve already maxed out the Gold conversion and £28.99 a month 0% finance is far more manageable right now than a few hundred quid upfront.

I originally had an X preordered but switched to S as I didn’t have a 4K TV. Since release I’ve had one in my basket a few times but decided it was silly. Got a 4K TV yesterday and am feeling a slight pang of regret :hmm:

(not regretting the S, regretting not getting the X)

8 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

I originally had an X preordered but switched to S as I didn’t have a 4K TV. Since release I’ve had one in my basket a few times but decided it was silly. Got a 4K TV yesterday and am feeling a slight pang of regret :hmm:

(not regretting the S, regretting not getting the X)

perfect excuse to, down the line, move the old tv & the s, to another room, and get an X or PS5 for the main room. #moneysavingtips

1 hour ago, LaveDisco said:

perfect excuse to, down the line, move the old tv & the s, to another room, and get an X or PS5 for the main room. #moneysavingtips

The S is on my work desk connected to a 27” 1440p 144hz HDR monitor :ph34r:

No interest at all in a PS5 so it will be an X at some point...

Bizarre, I can’t play any Game Pass games this evening - keep getting an error message saying ‘please sign in with the profile used to buy this game’.

Edit - seems there’s a problem on Microsoft’s side.