Xbox Series X | S

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Yeah this is all the same for me. 

I had read that disclaimer from Game before ordering so was fully intended on selecting the priority shipping. 

Once I got to the All Access form and all that, the shipping was set to 48 hr with no way to change it! I even tried so yeah, who knows. 

It says shipped one day before day of release, so it might be sent 11th for delivery on Sat 13th 

Ah well not to worry, they probably charge an extra £20 for priority shipping anyway you know what Game are like! I didn’t even try and buy one outright because I didn’t want to lose the chance of getting one if they were mainly reserved for All Access deals. 

Just now, Stanley said:

Ah well not to worry, they probably charge an extra £20 for priority shipping anyway you know what Game are like! I didn’t even try and buy one outright because I didn’t want to lose the chance of getting one if they were mainly reserved for All Access deals. 

You weren’t able to buy one outright anyways! They were all for All Access, which was why it just said “sold out” when added to basket. 

2 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

You weren’t able to buy one outright anyways! They were all for All Access, which was why it just said “sold out” when added to basket. 

There you go then, we’re really lucky dude, we got one :omg:

Thanks to whoever spotted this and posted it here btw, I am super grateful :D

Edit. Does make you wonder though, who exactly is getting the consoles allocated for Mar 5th :huh:

22 hours ago, Stanley said:

Oh dear, I’m afraid I’ve already begun looking - check out the HDTV discussion thread :lol:

I’m going for an LG OLED, hopefully the new  models coming shortly! 

Man, that's one of the biggest upgrades I've ever seen in games. I went from a 1080p LCD to hooking up the Series X to a LG CX OLED and at that moment I knew what the dude in 2001 felt when he said "My god it's full of stars"

Please look forward to it and have fun :)

20 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Man, that's one of the biggest upgrades I've ever seen in games. I went from a 1080p LCD to hooking up the Series X to a LG CX OLED and at that moment I knew what the dude in 2001 felt when he said "My god it's full of stars"

Please look forward to it and have fun :)

Thank you, it will be a couple of months before I get the telly, I have got a nice TV at the moment but it’s an LCD and from what I’ve heard OLED is pretty transformative :)

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Not true, I got a bundle with a controller and some game tat for £520. Delivering around 14 March too. Priority shipping was an option for me but it was something mad like £25 (still paid £10 for normal shipping though).

1 hour ago, Jackson said:

Not true, I got a bundle with a controller and some game tat for £520. Delivering around 14 March too. Priority shipping was an option for me but it was something mad like £25 (still paid £10 for normal shipping though).

From the Digital Foundry Deals, this happened after the All Access allocation. It was tweeted out afterwards that bundles were available. 

52 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

From the Digital Foundry Deals, this happened after the All Access allocation. It was tweeted out afterwards that bundles were available. 

I went on at 10am and got a bundle, must have got lucky!

5 hours ago, ChewMagma said:

Why does my Series S not automatically keep games up to date even though I have "Keep my games and apps up to date" set to On?

How do you have it set to turn it off?

Series S came today! It's so dinky! I genuinely can't believe it. 

But, can someone guide me through game sharing? I'm losing my mind a little.

Series S is set up as my home console upstairs, Series X is downstairs. This way my partner can play a game we've purchased on my account (and Game Pass stuff) upstairs while signed in on her account, and I can play downstairs at the same time (I just sign in and can access stuff). Now, how do we make the opposite happen as well, where I can play upstairs on my 'home' console while my partner can access my content downstairs at the same time? I'd need to be signed in and allowing access to games on both boxes at the same time, which I don't think can happen.

On 25/02/2021 at 15:18, MattyP said:

Yep. Publishers have to opt in. Activision did the same with Call Of Duty. You had to buy the Series X version.

So the idea of smart delivery is great in principle.... 

seems Activision will do it for everything. $10 upgrade fee for the new gen version. They’re doing it with THPS too. XBS and PS5 versions coming out.

if you had them on the xb1 and PS4, it’s a $10 upgrade 

FYI for anyone struggling with Quick Resume, since I switched the power mode of my Xbox from Eco to normal I have not had any issues. Does suck that the Eco mode was not working, as I was trying to be good.

I’m sorry to clog this thread up with returns issues, but is this a normal/valid response for Retailers (ShopTo)? Because I don’t think it is: 

B33E7D32-898A-4E32-8A1B-B46A7731BDBC.thumb.jpeg.22c2cea142c2b986e9dd062cc12069a8.jpeg
86B2703B-B234-4AB7-9609-C08184A55A76.thumb.jpeg.ba66cadad379a728cca2802cd745f0b0.jpeg

Especially as their website and order confirmation emails state the following:

B637BFC1-1BC3-49DB-9F71-22B21E73ABA7.thumb.png.b7085cec73e4d313164e10b0849a194a.png

Do I give ‘em hell?

5 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

Just quote their website back at them, I don’t get why they’re being funny. 

They’ve closed my help ticket on their website. So I’d have to create a new ticket to send a reply now. Bloody Shopto pricks.

4 minutes ago, Stanley said:

You could always sell it on here as I’m fairly certain quite a few people are after one. 

yeah, someone’s already PM’d me. I’d rather sell it for RRP to someone on here who will use/enjoy the console rather than a scalper getting it.

Interesting.

I ordered a dualsense charge station from shopto on back order. They took the money via PayPal. I “sourced one from another retailer” and I cancelled the back order but haven’t gotten my money back yet.

I messaged them via PayPal on Saturday and opened a ticket with them tonight.

Need to keep an eye on them.

2 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I tell you what is coolm. the first load of RDR2 takes a while. But after that you quick resume straight into the game. Genius 

I really want to start over and play RDR2 again. Just hoping there is a 60fps upgrade some day. Although playing it at native 4k at 30fps on XB1X is still the best visual experience i have ever had in gaming. The game is astonishing. 

One major improvement from Oled would be the lack of Plasma Buzz in those opening snowy scenes in RDR2, which is something that stood out to me when I played RDR2. 

I didn't play much, but I'd be interested to give it another go if Microsoft's magic frame rate doubler gets rolled out to it.

20 minutes ago, Ry said:

I really want to start over and play RDR2 again. Just hoping there is a 60fps upgrade some day. Although playing it at native 4k at 30fps on XB1X is still the best visual experience i have ever had in gaming. The game is astonishing. 

Honestly, the game is so engrossing and atmospheric I soon don't notice the FPS. I woke up in camp last night and a thunderstorm was going off, whilst uncle was jamming the fuck out of his guitar and Lenny was stabbing his thumbs off with a knife. Rev was pissed as fuck at a campfire and a prostitute was eating stew at a table.

It was the most beautiful gaming moment of my life

24 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

I didn't play much, but I'd be interested to give it another go if Microsoft's magic frame rate doubler gets rolled out to it.

Speaking of which we're due another batch of games this week I believe?

Hopefully the likes of RDR2 will be included, I havent started it myself despite owning it for nearly 2 years!

2 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

Speaking of which we're due another batch of games this week I believe?

Hopefully the likes of RDR2 will be included, I havent started it myself despite owning it for nearly 2 years!

They said every few weeks new games would drop. I hope Dishonored 2, Prey, Origins, Odyssey, Crash Team Racing and RDR2 are among the first drops. 

12 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Honestly, the game is so engrossing and atmospheric I soon don't notice the FPS. I woke up in camp last night and a thunderstorm was going off, whilst uncle was jamming the fuck out of his guitar and Lenny was stabbing his thumbs off with a knife. Rev was pissed as fuck at a campfire and a prostitute was eating stew at a table.

It was the most beautiful gaming moment of my life

As much as I didn’t get on with it on my first play through, this has got me wanting to give it another go! Come on MS, make it 60fps.