IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

1 minute ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Yes. Quick Resume is the feature you never knew you needed. Heard the analogy recently of QR being jumping in the Uber you booked verses trying to hail a cab in the street.

What? So it's like a Switch?

3 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

Yes, have an LG OLED.

NOPE. 

I have Gamepass.

Get a series x. 

It's far more sensible in the long term. 

7 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

What? So it's like a Switch?

No. Quick Resume lets you quit out of games, play other stuff in between and when you reload the game it takes you right back to where you were within seconds. It even works if you power the console down completely and unplug it. It doesn't work with every game, but when it does it's fantastic. Watch the video:

It's absolute magic. As we only have a small number of games on the go, Forza Horizon 4 is always in Quick Resume. That used to be a game you'd set loading and make a cup of tea, like it was a bloody ZX Spectrum. Now? Click, bosh, drive (after a brief brain fart as it reconnects to the "online session"). Between that and the speed of the storage, it's a totally different game. I'm not even sure if it (or anything) is even using the Velocity Architecture.

edit - if it's your primary machine, yeah, I'd probably hang about for the Series X, given you've got a bonkers TV already.

11 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

I can't see a Series X on sale anywhere.

It's still selling out as soon as they come in. Some places you might get lucky. 

There's a few stock informer sites/guys on twitter that will make it easier to grab one. 

The X is well worth the premium over the S for me. I absolutely love it, and this is from a predominantly PC-gaming orientation. Even had I not now got a 4k tv, I'd still pay the higher price, as - for me at least - the extra horse power is considerably more noticeable than I'd thought it was going to be when the S was originally announced. 

Also, whenever I look at it on the shelf I put up, I pretend I'm David, staring at the monolith.

It's great.

This is awesome for anyone playing for the first time. 

I loved the game and its stunning to look at anyway (one of the prettiest games out there imo?) . But I don't replay single player games very often. 

Well after reading the last couple of posts just checked argos in the Birmingham area and it’s showing as available in a lot of stores for delivery this weekend or next week. Guess it’s time to upgrade! 

https://player.fm/series/behind-the-bastards/part-one-the-ballad-of-bill-gates

https://player.fm/series/behind-the-bastards/part-two-the-ballad-of-bill-gates

Just for a bit of balance to all those who say I pray at the altar of Microsoft claims over the years..

Here's a couple of podcasts worth a listen that will make you dump everything MS related in the fucking bin.

2 hours ago, Ry said:

This is awesome for anyone playing for the first time. 

I loved the game and its stunning to look at anyway (one of the prettiest games out there imo?) . But I don't replay single player games very often. 

I loved that game but Cba playing it again. Worst boss fights eva. 

37 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

https://player.fm/series/behind-the-bastards/part-one-the-ballad-of-bill-gates

https://player.fm/series/behind-the-bastards/part-two-the-ballad-of-bill-gates

Just for a bit of balance to all those who say I pray at the altar of Microsoft claims over the years..

Here's a couple of podcasts worth a listen that will make you dump everything MS related in the fucking bin.

Grubstakers has 3 episodes on him as well:

Part 1

Spoiler

12 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Yes, have an LG OLED.

NOPE. 

I have Gamepass.

I have Series S I use with a 1080p plasma and CX oled. I'm more than happy with it. Depends how much frame rates and 4k bothers you. For me 4k is way overated on gaming imo and not worth the GPU overhead.

Been playing REVillage 1440p 60fps, Yakuza LAD at 1440p 30fps. Halo 1080p 120fps. So its more than capable console and all look great on both my TVs.

For me it is well worth 250 of anyone's cash and if that is max you want to spend, it's a no brainer. If you have budget of 450 then get an X.

22 minutes ago, Hodge said:

I have Series S I use with a 1080p plasma and CX oled. I'm more than happy with it. Depends how much frame rates and 4k bothers you. For me 4k is way overated on gaming imo and not worth the GPU overhead.

Been playing REVillage 1440p 60fps, Yakuza LAD at 1440p 30fps. Halo 1080p 120fps. So its more than capable console and all look great on both my TVs.

For me it is well worth 250 of anyone's cash and if that is max you want to spend, it's a no brainer. If you have budget of 450 then get an X.

Can this be pinned 😀

13 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Yes. Quick Resume is the feature you never knew you needed. Heard the analogy recently of QR being jumping in the Uber you booked verses trying to hail a cab in the street.

Quick Resume is the WORST feature of this gen for me.

I play online games, Apex Legends, Halo MCC. It fucks up EVEREY SINGLE TIME.

21 minutes ago, Purin said:

Quick Resume is the WORST feature of this gen for me.

I play online games, Apex Legends, Halo MCC. It fucks up EVEREY SINGLE TIME.

So when you stop playing you expect the rest of the world to wait for you to come back on ?

Ok....

Quick resume currently means I can jump onto my horse and be in  RDR2 within about 5 seconds of being in a racing car and then dive into a the russian underground of radioactive mutant survival  post armageddon without having to put the kettle on EVEREY time.

definition-of-idiot-213548.jpg

Some online games are fine with it though. Hitman 3 requires a permanent connection to the servers but it Quick Resumes just fine - spends a couple of seconds reconnecting then you're away. Far quicker than sitting through splash screens to get back into the action.

13 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Is it worth getting an S if I have an Xbox One?

It'll be a great upgrade compared to the One, no question about it, but for future proofing it'd be a wiser move to go straight for the X I reckon. 

I myself jumped from Xbox One S to the Series X and even if I could get a Series S much quicker I'm glad I decided to wait for the Series X as the extra 500gb of internal storage is pretty much essential if you like to play a few different games on and off.

I've also managed to pick up a few games on disc for cheap, I got Assassins Creed Valhalla, Cyberpunk 2077 and Fallout 4 GOTY edition for a total of £45 on disc which is pretty much a third of the current retail price for them. 

Even if the Series S had 1tb of storage I think the Series X is the better option for the long haul as it performs noticably better in a lot of games and I can imagine that it'll be even more noticable further out in the generation. 

With that said, if you're fairly casual and just want something to play modern games on from time to time the Series S will give you a lot of joy as well, I'm just afraid you'd want to upgrade it to X in a couple of years as more demanding games are released. 

4 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

So when you stop playing you expect the rest of the world to wait for you to come back on ?

Ok....

Quick resume currently means I can jump onto my horse and be in  RDR2 within about 5 seconds of being in a racing car and then dive into a the russian underground of radioactive mutant survival  post armageddon without having to put the kettle on EVEREY time.

definition-of-idiot-213548.jpg

I don't quit in the middle of games, it happens after I've completed a game and am sat at the games home screen. Annoying as fuck.

e2a. If we're reverting to name calling now, please fuck off you condescending prick.