Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

39 minutes ago, Pug said:

My Xbox just came back from repair, yay!!

Nearly 200GB of games to download, boo!

Same one as my Elite2 is still connected.

What was wrong with it?

When I get my series S I’m going to unplug the hdd on my bonex and plug it into the S and that’s it?

amazing! just as easy as the ps5.

(or should I add my account first?)

On 23/06/2021 at 11:26, mikeyl said:

Alleviating world hunger? No body should celebrate a company being $2 trillion of anything. The concentration of all that wealth, imaginary or not. I can’t even write that number down it’s so unreal. 

There is a real appetite (with increasing bi-partisan support) to break up some of these tech giants. Between them, they wield a frightening amount of power and influence. I can see the respective cloud and entertainment divisions of the big tech behemoths being split off at some point.

2 hours ago, SeanR said:

When I get my series S I’m going to unplug the hdd on my bonex and plug it into the S and that’s it?

amazing! just as easy as the ps5.

(or should I add my account first?)

When you boot up the system it pretty much walks you through adding your account (you can do it from your phone from what I remember). It's all extremely seamless. All the experience with stuff like office 365 and other enterprise offerings means Microsoft have the os, setup and accounts side of things absolutely nailed, definitely best in the industry with that sort of stuff. 

2 hours ago, Robo_1 said:

There is a real appetite (with increasing bi-partisan support) to break up some of these tech giants. Between them, they wield a frightening amount of power and influence. I can see the respective cloud and entertainment divisions of the big tech behemoths being split off at some point.

Hope so, but I think everybodies goal is to dominate everything, if you look at Amazon hoovering up movie studios and dipping into games, it’ll be unfathomable to split them up. Even though it only takes 25 Bethesdas to end world hunger by 2030!

5 hours ago, JPL said:

What was wrong with it?

Became unresponsive then wouldn't boot past the Xbox logo.

Did all the troubleshooting instructions but no joy and had to send it in for repair.

On 23/06/2021 at 18:26, mikeyl said:

Alleviating world hunger? No body should celebrate a company being $2 trillion of anything. The concentration of all that wealth, imaginary or not. I can’t even write that number down it’s so unreal. 

Am I misunderstanding?  That wealth isn't concentrated in one place.  It's held by numerous stockholders, many of which will probably be pension funds and charities.  Some will certainly be obscenely wealthy professional investors, but it's not somebody just sitting on two trillion dollars.

44 minutes ago, Death Adder said:

Am I misunderstanding?  That wealth isn't concentrated in one place.  It's held by numerous stockholders, many of which will probably be pension funds and charities.  Some will certainly be obscenely wealthy professional investors, but it's not somebody just sitting on two trillion dollars.

Yeah I agree. It’s a made up valuation  that’s why I said “imaginary” but it’s still also kinda gross and indicative of the horoscopes for boys horniness where you wanna choose to celebrate a wild unfathomable number getting higher and higher instead of holding on and considering how much better the world would be if these made up numbers were equally redistributed.

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

They could start redistributing that wealth by buying Sega and rereleasing Outrun 2.

Better throw in Sumo Digital, just to be sure. 

55 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

I think the issue is that they’d have to buy Ferrari. 

I don't see the problem? Just do it!  Do we want Outrun 2 or not? Buy the whole bloody lot of them! 

45 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

I think the issue is that they’d have to buy Ferrari. 

About $55bn market cap if anyone is curious, and >50% is owned by "normal" investors.

1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

And think of the ip potential for the Xbox division:

- Forza Ferrari Motorsport

- Super Ferrari Kart

- Jet Set Ferraaariii

- Ferrari: The RPG (developed by Obsidian)

Psychonauts: Ferrari where you go in the mind of someone gross enough to spend £500000 on a car. The level's mostly built from gold toilets.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

And think of the ip potential for the Xbox division:

- Forza Ferrari Motorsport

- Super Ferrari Kart

- Jet Set Ferraaariii

- Ferrari: The RPG (developed by Obsidian)

Ferrari Infinite.

All the UNSC vehicles have been redesigned be Ferrari.

1 hour ago, monkeydog said:

Psychonauts: Ferrari where you go in the mind of someone gross enough to spend £500000 on a car. The level's mostly built from gold toilets.

Psychonauts dive into Clarkson and it's the most disgusting level in any videogame ever

Has anyone tried the Let's Sing games using the smartphone apps as mics? We're having some friends over for dinner tomorrow and my wife suggested karaoke as entertainment. I don't mind buying the game but I don't want to go out and buy USB mics if the smartphone app actually works. 

The main benefit I was suspecting from series x has immediately become true.

Mass Effect's loading times are now "instant" for in the ship (from 5-10 seconds) and about 5 seconds to restart (from maybe 30).

And I hit a bit on the edge of my abilities last last in ME3.  Probably on the old system I'd have got annoyed and dropped the difficulty having to wait half a minute to have another try each time.  Now it's near immediate, just time to finish swearing at it I persevered and got through it.

On 23/06/2021 at 13:49, carlospie said:

If it had a faster UI then my piece of shit Philips ambilight that would be a good start 

I think it's just that crap popup for channel select. When you use the button on the TV itself it's instant. When you use the remote you're looking at up to 20 seconds for the button presses to respond. 

Is there any way to make any of my ones or series just update/upgrade a game when I pop the disc in the drive. I always have to confirm that I want to update and I have no idea why its not an automated process. 

1 minute ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

I would be getting my divorce papers drawn up.

:lol:

I ended up buying Let's Sing 2021 and a couple of song packs. The ladies went all out competing for best scores while singing cringy hits from the 90s while us boys were sat on the sofa enjoying the alcohol. 

15 minutes ago, Rayn said:

:lol:

I ended up buying Let's Sing 2021 and a couple of song packs. The ladies went all out competing for best scores while singing cringy hits from the 90s while us boys were sat on the sofa enjoying the alcohol. 

Aye right. I'm sure you'd be up there givin' it the big wan as well!