Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

Anyone know how to actually buy or had success installing the ‘upgrade for series x’ - for wreckfest? it prompts me to press y to do so, in the game menu, but takes me to an empty screen and I can’t find it in store?!

54 minutes ago, dvdx2 said:

Anyone know how to actually buy or had success installing the ‘upgrade for series x’ - for wreckfest? it prompts me to press y to do so, in the game menu, but takes me to an empty screen and I can’t find it in store?!

Same here, I wonder if it's because I'm playing via game pass? Either that or the upgrade has been pulled. 

Did it get an explicit X update? It's already 4k60 but perhaps that's just it automatically stretching its legs on the One X build? I'm also just on the GP version.

Yeah it came out on the first apparently. 9.99. They're apparently selling it through the game as if gets round Microsoft's smart delivery what nots. Tbh after what I've read of the PS5 version I'll stick with the 60 One X version.

54 minutes ago, SeanR said:

it was given away with psplus  and isn’t very good. 

It put it on par with the PC version, you’re the first person I’ve seen say it ‘isn’t very good’ - please explain. 

From what I read the visual bells and whistles weren't worth the upgrade if you paid for it. Subjective, obviously but seeing as we got 60 frames for free I'm not in any rush to get it.

And yes, Wreckfest is fantastic.

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

Wreckfest is a great game, the PS5 upgrade added shit all apart from controller support which the xbox can't do, I wouldn't be paying for it.

It added a bit more than that visually e.g. higher res textures, dynamic dirt on vehicles, lighting etc. but I probably wouldn’t have spent a tenner on it if I was on XBOX with 60fps.

Well that's why it's an in game purchase apparently, it gets round Microsoft's smart delivery of it. THQ being proper devious with it. Why it's disappeared I don't know, because I can't find anything on it aside from "It's out".

4 hours ago, scoobysi said:

It added a bit more than that visually e.g. higher res textures, dynamic dirt on vehicles, lighting etc. but I probably wouldn’t have spent a tenner on it if I was on XBOX with 60fps.

tbh I'd file those under "shit all" but fair point :)

It's absolutely not gonna be worth a tenner.

Not sure if this sort thing is frowned upon, delete if so, but just a heads up - I’ve stuck my Elite Controllers in the trading folder if anyone’s feeling a bit bourgeois. Just don’t play enough to justify fancy ‘rollers. 

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

tbh I'd file those under "shit all" but fair point :)

It's absolutely not gonna be worth a tenner.

Don't be so hasty. Dynamic dirt on cars normally costs £10 on it's own, so it's remarkable value really.

Re: wreckfest on series x

the upgrade is now available for anyone interested - in game. £8.39, also with a bonus car

downloading now (23gig) - impressions later

8 minutes ago, peeveen said:

The 42GB upgrade for "A Plague Tale" is currently downloading on my Series X.

I had been putting off playing more of this since the announcement.

Filed under "innocence" I thought. No. Filed under "A Plague Tale" then. No. 

Have I got this installed? Yes. 

It's Filed under P for Plague.

Cheers for the heads up though.  It was a good looking game before, must be great now.

Am I right in thinking that if I leave my Xbox on Instant On mode while I go away, I can use the Xbox app to remotely access it? If so, I might move it from the office and plug it directly into the router in the living room rather than use it over Wifi through home plugs.

49 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Am I right in thinking that if I leave my Xbox on Instant On mode while I go away, I can use the Xbox app to remotely access it? If so, I might move it from the office and plug it directly into the router in the living room rather than use it over Wifi through home plugs.

use xcloud instead