IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

24 minutes ago, Mallet said:

This question may be a little strange but I thought I would double check.

Whenever I am browsing the Microsoft store through the app on my Xbox, are the reviews that people have left for the games that I see only for the Xbox version or do they include people reviewing the windows version as well? I have been browsing the gamepass app then I click the link to go to Microsoft store to get more details an I will see people comment on save game problems, hang ups on loading screens etc

I may have played 20 games on my consoles in the last 15 years or so, I've been almost exclusively a PC gamer, so I naively thought that while I know that of course console games have bugs I didn't think games would be released that  just hang on loading screens or corrupt your save games. I always thought, somewhat foolishly it seems, that issues like that were mostly on PC and  a price you sometimes have to pay for having almost infinite hardware and driver combinations. 

It probably depends on the game.

In my library at least, there aren’t that many games using Xbox Play Anywhere, so it’s mostly different SKUs for each platform (if it’s on the Windows Microsoft Store at all). Older games from Bethesda and the like haven’t had it retroactively applied either.

3 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

I know this is old ground, but I'd much rather have batteries I can change myself. Essentially for two reasons: rechargeable batteries gradually get worse with use and I've always got charged batteries around, so I can swap them out mid gaming session, without having to plug the controller in or the like. 

That’s fair enough. I just prefer not have to mess about with swapping batteries every 15 hours. 

It's the easiest thing ever. Buy an 8 pack of rechargeable batteries. Use two. Hit swap them. When four go empty, charge for 6 hours.

Much better than an inbuilt controller that after a few years runs out with half its original capacity and you have to buy a whole new pad.

19 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

The battery ‘solution’ for the Xbox pad is just MS being cheap. They should’ve stuck in a decent sized battery like the switch pro pad has. 

I used to hold this view, now I’m fine with it. 

Had to swap batteries in a game last night (after it lasted a good hour after the low charge warning because actually good batteries).

All without having to stand up, move the cat and dig for wires.

Yeah, who’s moaning about swapping batteries every 15 hours when 1) you can add rechargeable batteries or even a battery pack 2) can plug in a usb and play and charge at the same time 3) other controllers (noticeably Sony) seem to last between 5-10 hours with your only option to wire it back up depending on the game.

Hallo looking for a little help if poss, my boy just got a series S and we keep getting Moderate NAT over both wireless / wired which is frustrating. Reboot the router and all is fine for 10-15 mins that it flips back. Any idea's? 

1 minute ago, max renn said:

Hallo looking for a little help if poss, my boy just got a series S and we keep getting Moderate NAT over both wireless / wired which is frustrating. Reboot the router and all is fine for 10-15 mins that it flips back. Any idea's? 

Have you tried rebooting the Xbox fully after you've rebooted the router?

Putting the Xbox into a DNZ in your router settings should resolve the problem, regardless of its cause.

12 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Have you tried rebooting the Xbox fully after you've rebooted the router?

Putting the Xbox into a DNZ in your router settings should resolve the problem, regardless of its cause.

Thanks for the reply

Yeah I've rebooted the router. Problem is we have multiple consoles / devices in the house and my network is a finely balanced house of cards 😂 Don't really fancy risking it all by fucking around with the router, bit of an I.T. wally you see..

55 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Someone had to mention batteries again!

You know it's just a veiled 'console wars' fight nowadays.

No it isn't, don't be silly.

I own both consoles, I like both consoles.  Liking one aspect of a console is not some stupid playground "War".

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

We've got those Venom charging station and battery doohickies. It helps we have 2 pads per console so we just swap them when the packs run down and make sure we stick them on charge when we're done.

We've got Venom charging stations for each console in the house (an original Xbox, an Xbox One X, an Xbox Series X) and they're great.  2 controllers on each station so should one ever run out due to a prolonged gaming session, it's a quick switch for the other.

No annoying wires coming out of the console, all look very neat under the TV units.  And they're only about 20 quid each.

For my xbox controllers I use eneloop style rechargables. I have a charger that can do 8 at a time if I want. I have three controllers I use. One for mobile, one for PC and one for the XBox. I have one PS5 controller and that just sits in the official charging cradle.

48 minutes ago, Schnibbles said:

More Series X stock at Amazon today - I was quick enough but paying £530 for a mandatory bundle wasn't very appealing.

I signed up for the alert and didn't see it for 20 minutes! Missed out.

1 hour ago, max renn said:

Do you have two Xboxes on the network & are on BT using their Home Hub? We had massive problems with one console getting a strict nat when with BT. Never happened on Sky and their router. 

Yeah I have an X in the front room and the boy is next door on the S... Virgin media wired for me and wireless for him. Daft thing is after a reboot etc it works but then flips to moderate which is what's getting my goat,

1 minute ago, max renn said:

Yeah I have an X in the front room and the boy is next door on the S... Virgin media wired for me and wireless for him. Daft thing is after a reboot etc it works but then flips to moderate which is what's getting my goat,

That's exactly what happened with us on BT. Reboot of the console and Router would give 2 x clear NAT. After 30 mins or so one would flip to strict and we couldn't play together any longer. 

I ended up moving supplier to solve it. 

2 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Yeah, who’s moaning about swapping batteries every 15 hours when 1) you can add rechargeable batteries or even a battery pack 2) can plug in a usb and play and charge at the same time 3) other controllers (noticeably Sony) seem to last between 5-10 hours with your only option to wire it back up depending on the game.

Just don’t like it. I wouldn’t accept having to swap batteries in my phone every day. 

6 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Just don’t like it. I wouldn’t accept having to swap batteries in my phone every day. 

Then put in a play and charge kit (or rechargable batteries) and it'll work exactly the same as as a PlayStation or Switch controller with the added benefit that when the battery starts to lose its charge you can just replace the play and charge kit and not the whole controller. You don't have to remove the play and charge kit or recharagable batteries to charge them.

20 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Are you playing your Xbox 15 hours a day so you have to change the batteries that often..? 

Realistically you're looking at swapping them out  once every 7-10 days based on 2 hours gaming per day. 

Still introduces an element of wear and tear on the back of the joypad plus makes it heavier than it needs to be. If you compare it to the switch pro there is a weight difference. 

Anyway, seems some people like popping batteries in and out of controllers, so I’ll leave it there. 

The Xbox ergonomics are fantastic. And the battery is a preference for some.

My issue with the Xbox controllers is that on Amazon they (currently at least) cost £1 more than a dual sense, when they have rubbish rumble, no gyro,  no trackpad, no haptic triggers and no battery. I get supply and demand, but they really need to add - at the very least - gyro.