IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

On 27/12/2021 at 18:04, Bromin said:

Do we have any idea when they might become more affordable though? I am almost at the point of having to chose what I have installed.

With all the shortages going on with covid it's anyones guess when prices will go back to normal, it won't be 2022 that's for sure. Might start to dip slightly in 23 if we are lucky.

So we've been playing a lot of Minecraft Dungeons this week and at least twice we've had it crash back to the home screen in the middle of a level. I really don't recall it ever doing that on my XB1. I think it may be time to contact Microsoft, although I've no idea what they can do.

1 hour ago, TehStu said:

So we've been playing a lot of Minecraft Dungeons this week and at least twice we've had it crash back to the home screen in the middle of a level. I really don't recall it ever doing that on my XB1. I think it may be time to contact Microsoft, although I've no idea what they can do.

Quick resume/sleep mode? 

5 minutes ago, SMD said:

Quick resume/sleep mode? 

It probably started from quick resume the second time, yeah. Not the first because it needed a patch. And the Xbox is set to Instant On. I figured quick resume bugs would be more related to how to recovers starting up, rather than a bad crash hours into play?

2 hours ago, TehStu said:

This actually happened to me and my nephew on the Switch version.  Not happened on the XBX to me though.

I've got a Series X and Santa got my son a Series S for Christmas. I've set his all up using Xbox family settings with his Series S set as the Home console so he can use my Live/Game pass sub and all works well.

If he buys a digital game from the store on his account can I as the Organising family member play it or is it tied to his profile? Previously I would just buy it on my Account and grant him access to it via permissions.

Just as Microsoft seemed to be making a bunch of good moves for the Xbox, somebody decided to have this brainfart. I wonder which publisher went pissing and moaning to them about it being used for emulators.

I2MSLDP.jpeg

At the moment, Dev Mode Retroarch is scuffed enough that people are now mostly using Retail Mode Retroarch (especially as Microsoft Edge enables a way to access private MS Store pages without the need for a whitelist). Still wack considering it's 20 quid down the hole, but it was fun while it lasted.

Wonder if they will clamp down on Retroarch entirely - I did note the repository has moved around once already and some of the side apps (namely the FTP client) didn't work until I redownloaded them. Hopefully not for the next couple of months until a certain PC-based handheld shows up and I can just futz around with Batocera builds instead.

10 hours ago, layten said:

Just as Microsoft seemed to be making a bunch of good moves for the Xbox, somebody decided to have this brainfart. I wonder which publisher went pissing and moaning to them about it being used for emulators.

I2MSLDP.jpeg

That can only be Nintendo.