IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

2 hours ago, layten said:

Hopefully the hackers tear the machines security apart. This seems a stupidly short sighted move by Microsoft.

Outdated already -

UPDATE: Microsoft says it has no plans to remove or disable dev mode on Xbox consoles. A number of Partner Center accounts were disabled by mistake. “We are actively working on identifying and reenabling these accounts as soon as possible.”

On 01/01/2022 at 11:25, Hitcher said:

Even when I had no internet for a few days I just used my mobile as a hotspot to sign in.

Yes but what about all the imaginary people who own a console but no phone.

13 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Outdated already -

UPDATE: Microsoft says it has no plans to remove or disable dev mode on Xbox consoles. A number of Partner Center accounts were disabled by mistake. “We are actively working on identifying and reenabling these accounts as soon as possible.”

Great to see such a big corp' acknowledging and remedying an issue so quickly eh :)

Am I being terribly naïve in assuming that all I have to do to redeem a game code from another country on my UK Xbox is just to set my country to the specific place where the game comes from?

Or have they stopped that thing now?

1 hour ago, JoeK said:

Am I being terribly naïve in assuming that all I have to do to redeem a game code from another country on my UK Xbox is just to set my country to the specific place where the game comes from?

You'll need to redeem it on a device with a VPN connected to the country the code is from.

8 hours ago, womble9 said:

Great to see such a big corp' acknowledging and remedying an issue so quickly eh :)

I think the Xbox team is super-sensitive about anything negative that may erode trust and goodwill in their brand following the Xbone debacle. Not a bad thing.

Since I finally started using my Series X in September, I have barely noticed the actual console because I so rarely use the disk drive for games thanks to Game Pass and the controllers live in a different corner of the room.  It's placed to the side of my TV and is so quiet it's ridiculous!

I have no idea how something that runs so beautifully can somehow fade into the background so well with no noise at all.

2 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Since I finally started using my Series X in September, I have barely noticed the actual console because I so rarely use the disk drive for games thanks to Game Pass and the controllers live in a different corner of the room.  It's placed to the side of my TV and is so quiet it's ridiculous!

I have no idea how something that runs so beautifully can somehow fade into the background so well with no noise at all.

Just don't play Avengers on it, made mine sound like a jet engine take off. But yeah, it runs super quiet normally.

4 hours ago, Boothjan said:

I've had mine since last February and it has quickly become one of my all time favourite consoles. I bagged a PS5 shortly after. I like it too but it's had nowhere near the same use as my Series X. I don't grudge a penny of the £450.

1 hour ago, Pmccee said:

new Xbox series s owner here. Daft q but how do I enable downloads whilst over night? I can't figure if the standby mode keeps it downloading game content.  

I swear it does but I’ve just taken a look in the settings on mine and I’ll be damned if I can find where it’s at!!

I guess the easiest way to check would be to set it downloading something pretty chunky, pop it into standby and then take a look in the morning :)

3 hours ago, womble9 said:

I swear it does but I’ve just taken a look in the settings on mine and I’ll be damned if I can find where it’s at!!

I guess the easiest way to check would be to set it downloading something pretty chunky, pop it into standby and then take a look in the morning :)

It does download in standby mode.

Only grabs updates automatically for games you’ve played recently though.

7 hours ago, Phantoon said:

It's weird. It's probably the biggest console I own, but it's so ninjaly nobody notices it. In the best way.

You obviously don’t own a PS5 then.

2 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

???

Edit: looked it up. Heard the adage but never heard it called this before and it’s a little close to home, if you follow me! :lol:

I follow. Sorry, that must have looked weird out of context!

16 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

It does download in standby mode.

Only grabs updates automatically for games you’ve played recently though.

So if I'm downloading games from game pass it won't download them in standby?