Jump to content
IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S


djbhammer
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Does your connection drop at all? How is it set up? Wired? Wifi? Home plugs?


On the WiFi, I don’t think connection drops but if it did surely it would download the update as soon as it connected again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Strafe said:


On the WiFi, I don’t think connection drops but if it did surely it would download the update as soon as it connected again.


It should but I think it’s a bit weird like it can maintain the connection in power save mode but if it drops it can’t reconnect. That was my best guess when I was using my old powerline plugs and it was happening to me as when I made it totally stable it was fine. That’s just my experience though 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

It also depends how recently you used whatever needs updating.

He did mention Halo, which he plays every day.

 

I have mine wired, but I find it hit and miss as well. Always have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Sane said:

I don't do a lot of online gaming but I'd love to add some people to my friends list. I currently have one friend and he's never online so things feel a bit lonely :lol:. Is there a list of forumites I can add? My gamertag is StumbledSloth50. I will be getting Elden Ring day one and plan to do a lot of jolly co-op!

 

7 hours ago, Bushtopher said:


I’ve just added you. 
 

I’m also keen to get a few more active people on my friends list - my gamertag is Bushtopher

 

6 hours ago, Spleen said:

I'm pfspl33n if anyone wants to add me. 

Cheers. 

Added you all

 

I’m dreamlildreams (bloody gamertag character limit!!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, JPL said:

He did mention Halo, which he plays every day.

 

I have mine wired, but I find it hit and miss as well. Always have.


Yeah auto update has always been flakey to be honest.

 

My Xboxone was terrible for it. The Series S is better but it’s still erratic 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, I’ve got this sea gate 2tb hard drive plugged in my One X which I’ve had for about 4 years as extra storage.  Can I use it in my Series X?

 

Am I right in thinking it will only let me store non X/S games? 
 

Do I need to reformat it? Can I swap it over from my Series S to my Series X easily?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, sandman said:

So, I’ve got this sea gate 2tb hard drive plugged in my One X which I’ve had for about 4 years as extra storage.  Can I use it in my Series X?

 

Am I right in thinking it will only let me store non X/S games? 
 

Do I need to reformat it? Can I swap it over from my Series S to my Series X easily?

You can just plug it in and all your games will be there. The only thing is you can’t play Series games off it, but you can store them on there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yup, storage formatted in one literally transfers to the other. As I think my router is interfering with network copy, I download a game I know I want to keep on the XSX or XB1 and then copy it to the other with a 256gb usb3 stick. But you can also just unplug the hdd from one and take it to the other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sane said:

Thanks everyone who added me! I also added some other people who had their tag in their signature. Just missing @Mr. Gerbik , as a fellow Dutchman I hope we can be Xbox friends too :hug:.

You're Dutch?! I had no idea. How many of us are secretly invading this forum? I never ever play anything in online multiplayer though and my friends list is therefore empty. As a busy dad I only fire up the Xbox a few hours in the evening at most, play my single player RPG of choice for a bit, and go to sleep. You'd only be adding me to see which game I'm playing :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

You're Dutch?! I had no idea. How many of us are secretly invading this forum? I never ever play anything in online multiplayer though and my friends list is therefore empty. As a busy dad I only fire up the Xbox a few hours in the evening at most, play my single player RPG of choice for a bit, and go to sleep. You'd only be adding me to see which game I'm playing :)

 

 

Ja ja, sounds pretty much exactly like my situation. I just like seeing some activity, seeing what games people play, comparing achievements the occasional leaderbord stuff or souls summoning. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sane said:

Ja ja, sounds pretty much exactly like my situation. I just like seeing some activity, seeing what games people play, comparing achievements the occasional leaderbord stuff or souls summoning. 

Oh ok, if that's fine with jij then it's koel with mij :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/02/2022 at 08:26, fattakin said:

 

I did, cloned the kids one S to a SSD. Just followed a few tutorials online, had to do a few scripts to copy some machine details/folders then copy back.  Cant recall the finer detail but only took an hour or 2.  I think the One S runs better with the SSD and was worth doing.  I did break the power button opening the machine so do be gentle!

I tried to clone the HDD to SSD but the destination drive was too small by a few hundred MBs. So using the OSU1 update I freshly installed the XBOX OS onto the SSD using a USB stick. Very easy to do and all works. However the X1X splash screen is missing, so will have to take out the SSD again and update the system files with the opening logo. Seems great so far in terms of speed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/02/2022 at 19:52, dreamylittledream said:

 

 

Added you all

 

I’m dreamlildreams (bloody gamertag character limit!!)

Added a few people too - feel free to add me. It’s GaryC1882.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been very impressed with 2 X/S enhanced games today that people may not have realised we’re enhanced. The first is Maid of Sker and the second is Saints Row the Third remastered.

 

Both look absolutely amazing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sandman said:

Been very impressed with 2 X/S enhanced games today that people may not have realised we’re enhanced. The first is Maid of Sker and the second is Saints Row the Third remastered.

 

Both look absolutely amazing. 

I bought the first Dying Light the other day and was pleasantly surprised to find it runs at 60FPS with boost mode on Series X.

 

I still have Mad Max, AC Rogue and Far Cry 5 to play through FPS Boost as well, brilliant stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Series S is sooo good. I've been thinking of getting one just for taking out in the campervan (when I buy one later this year!) for longer trips as it will make the perfect entertainment center with all the media stuff, internet and games in one box. I've been seeing this portable 11" screen which uses the same plug, will make the perfect all in one box if I can get one this year. Don't really need anything bigger as I won't have much space and the alternative was a low volt 19" monitor but size isn't everything in all cases. Add in my SSD and a hefty USB stick loaded with ROMs/films and I'm golden.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Neat I guess.

 

 

I'd like it if they let you pin Edge bookmarks to the home screen or some section under games and apps. It'd be nice to have a shortcut to go straight to Geforce Now. 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.