IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

There is some big discounts in the latest sale. I quite fancy a daft Ubisoft open world game. What would people recommend out of Assassins Creed Valhalla, Immortals Fenryx Rising and Far Cry 6 ?

I'd recommend avoiding Far Cry 6.

Immortals would be OK if you haven't played Zelda:BOTW, it's clearly trying to copy it. 

Valhalla if you have a lot of free time and enjoy the other Assassin's Creed games. 

Valhalla is an odd one. I’m trying to play it at the moment, and I like a lot of it. But it really does feel like a game that was hit hard by the pandemic because even now it feels buggy and slightly unfinished compared to Odyssey (which I think is just fab). But, if you like the AC games then you could certainly do worse. 

7 hours ago, Percy Filth said:

I'd recommend avoiding Far Cry 6.

Immortals would be OK if you haven't played Zelda:BOTW, it's clearly trying to copy it. 

Valhalla if you have a lot of free time and enjoy the other Assassin's Creed games. 

Immortals is BOTW crossed with AC and is very much it’s own thing but if you like Ubisoft open worlds and Zelda style environmental puzzles it’s essential 

14 hours ago, Orion said:

There is some big discounts in the latest sale. I quite fancy a daft Ubisoft open world game. What would people recommend out of Assassins Creed Valhalla, Immortals Fenryx Rising and Far Cry 6 ?

The answer is AC Odyssey by far compared to that lot. Otherwise, Fenyx Rising if you've already played Odyssey. Valhalla feels by the numbers even for an AC game and FC6 is arguably rhe worst in the series imho.

7 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

Immortals is BOTW crossed with AC and is very much it’s own thing but if you like Ubisoft open worlds and Zelda style environmental puzzles it’s essential 

I just watched a trailer, is the game full of pure cringe humour all the way through?

2 hours ago, idiwa said:

I just watched a trailer, is the game full of pure cringe humour all the way through?

Yes. I couldn't stand it but it's still by far the best game out if Valhalla, FC6, and Immortals. Together with Watch Dogs 3, Ubisoft has been shitting out mediocre turds lately on top of being a bunch of turds themselves. That's why I suggested Odyssey to @Orion, it's so much better than all of those games together it's not even funny. But if one can stand the cringe humour then Immortals easy if Odyssey isn't an option - Odyssey also looks the best graphically out of those games despite being last-gen thanks to a framerate boost. So even if you just want eye candy, I'd still choose Odyssey. (Make sure you select the female protagonist @Orion!)

Edit: if Odyssey and Immortals aren't an option, then I'd vote for Valhalla. Imo FC6 is the weakest out of that lot.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Yes. I couldn't stand it but it's still by far the best game out if Valhalla, FC6, and Immortals. Together with Watch Dogs 3, Ubisoft has been shitting out mediocre turds lately on top of being a bunch of turds themselves. That's why I suggested Odyssey to @Orion, it's so much better than all of those games together it's not even funny. But if one can stand the cringe humour then Immortals easy if Odyssey isn't an option - Odyssey also looks the best graphically out of those games despite being last-geb thanks to a framerate boost. So even you just want eye candy, I'd still choose Odyssey. (Make sure you select the female protagonist @Orion!)

Turd has been swerved, thanks @Mr. Gerbik

It feels a bit like Ubi have fallen into the old AC game pattern of revitalising it and then just churning iterations on that. Origins and Odyssey were such a great one-two punch for the series that it's a real shame Valhalla hasn't landed so well, because the Viking setting is brilliant.

6 hours ago, idiwa said:

Yeah pretty much, probably my sense of humour but I quite enjoyed it.

The retelling of various myths from by Zeus himself is quite clever in places.

Its very incidental to the game itself mind which is a pretty light on the story side.

I found Immortals to be fairly boring. Got so far into it but lost interest. The overworld is just one Bland canvas and I have no impetus to explore it like I would in similar games.

Watchdogs Legion I have attempted to play twice now. Was made better by buying the season pass and getting access to the masked punk guy from 2, but still struggled to really hold my interest.

Haven't played Far Cry 6 or Valhalla but my bet would at least be Valhalla (as an AC fan). Alternatively wait for the Ezio Collection to go on sale, series hasn't aged badly at all and runs at 60FPS on Series Consoles.

10 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

I found Immortals to be fairly boring. Got so far into it but lost interest. The overworld is just one Bland canvas and I have no impetus to explore it like I would in similar games.

Watchdogs Legion I have attempted to play twice now. Was made better by buying the season pass and getting access to the masked punk guy from 2, but still struggled to really hold my interest.

Haven't played Far Cry 6 or Valhalla but my bet would at least be Valhalla (as an AC fan). Alternatively wait for the Ezio Collection to go on sale, series hasn't aged badly at all and runs at 60FPS on Series Consoles.

Both of those are actually way more boring than Immortals.

Obviously they are all ubi games so it goes with the territory but immortals at least has some different tone and gameplay feel than the others, at least some people on the team cared about what they were making and it made me laugh at times. That does not apply to FC6 or Valhalla. Legion on the other hand has some good ideas but forget to put anything engaging around those ideas.

Immortals is like a solid 7.5/10 game where the others are just 5s. Valhalla in particular is such a drag.

And yes I bought all those games as I am stupid.

I'm considering an S to play a few games like No Mans Sky on a gaming monitor. If I can get all in for under £500 then great!

It seems like a good way to use my X's Gamepass subscription and - it also means I get a second controller, which I assume I can use on the X also?

2 minutes ago, Hamus said:

It seems like a good way to use my X's Gamepass subscription and - it also means I get a second controller, which I assume I can use on the X also?

Yep. Will work on a PC too.

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

Yep. Will work on a PC too.

Thank you!

Question, if I plug headphones into the controller can I get the console sound through it? Or does it go direct into the S?

1 hour ago, Hamus said:

Thank you!

Question, if I plug headphones into the controller can I get the console sound through it? Or does it go direct into the S?

Indeed the full sound comes through the controller. There is a audio mixer in the x button pop up on the dashboard. 

45 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Indeed the full sound comes through the controller. There is a audio mixer in the x button pop up on the dashboard. 

Nice! Speakers not needed on my monitor then :)

On 28/04/2022 at 14:06, Mr Do 71 said:

I'm very curious about how they are going to handle their first party stuff this year. The temptation is always to show something brand new but their announced lineup of games that's theoretically due to launch between this showcase and the end of 2023 feels like it should be enough to backbone a good to great show. I want to see real footage of Avowed, Fable etc. I don't want 30 seconds of clearly pre-rendered footage followed by a logo. It needs to be a showcase of real games.