IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

1 hour ago, Kryptonian said:

You ****, now I think I need to do this :( 

1 hour ago, JPL said:

Have you got a link to this? I can’t find it on their site.

I’ve still got a One X knocking about, so it’d be good to upgrade it for a spare Series S.

https://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/mHubArticleView?hubId=1773800&articleId=1773801&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151&cm_sp=homepage-_-espot4-_-XboxTradeIn&utm_source=RakutenMarketing&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=3274037:digidip+x+deal+sites&utm_content=10&utm_term=UKNetwork&ranMID=42508&ranEAID=svunC25memk&ranSiteID=svunC25memk-EKxe07GdlD0z3rFuTse3oA

Terms & Conditions

Xbox Series S console for £99.99 or less when you trade-in a selected console

Offer available in-store only during opening hours from Thursday 05/05/22 until close of business Thursday 19/05/22. Purchase an Xbox Series S console (normal price £249.99) and pay £99.99 or less when you trade-in any Xbox One S, PS4 or Switch console. Trade-in must be completed in the same transaction as purchase. Console must be in good working order, be of satisfactory quality and pass all relevant tests and security checks. Trade-in must come with an official controller, HDMI cable, power cable, controller charging cable (where applicable) and dock (where applicable). ID is required to trade in. A Game reward account is required to participate. GAME reserves the right to refuse any offer to anyone believed to be representing a trade buyer/customer. Game trade-in terms and conditions and Game Reward terms and conditions apply please see www.game.co.uk for details. Subject to availability - stock levels and availability for eligible products may vary over time and from store to store and so may not always be available. Your legal rights are not affected. Trade-in and cash prices are subject to change. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Store manager's decision is final. Offer may be amended or removed at any time without prior notice and with reasonable cause.

In addition to the usual weekly sale that comes around each Tuesday, an "Optimised for Next Gen" sale has popped up. 

Quite a few decent titles in there with some not too bad discounts (IMO):

Spoiler

Assassin's Creed Odyssey — Gold Edition £19.99
Assassin's Creed Valhalla — Deluxe Edition £30.39
Assassin's Creed Valhalla + Immortals Fenyx Rising Bundle £38.49
Assassin's Creed Valhalla + Watch Dogs: Legion Bundle £43.99
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Ragnarök Edition £50.99
Back 4 Blood £29.99
Back 4 Blood Annual Pass £20.99
Back 4 Blood: Deluxe Edition £44.99
Chorus £17.49
Control £9.99
Control Ultimate Edition £13.99
Cricket 22 £34.99
Cyberpunk 2077 £24.99
Dark Souls II: Scholar Of The First Sin £21.43
Disciples: Liberation Digital Deluxe Edition £37.49
Dying Light 2 Stay Human £47.99
Dying Light 2 Stay Human — Deluxe Edition £63.74
Dying Light 2 Stay Human — Ultimate Edition £80.99
Dying Light: The Following — Enhanced Edition £11.99
Elex II £39.99
FIFA 22 Xbox Series X|S £24.49
Forza Horizon 4 Deluxe Edition £24.49
Forza Horizon 4 Standard Edition £18.14
Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition £29.74
Ghostrunner £9.99
Hot Wheels Unleashed — Ultimate Stunt Edition — Xbox Series X|S £34.99
Hunting Simulator 2 Xbox Series X|S £19.99
Hunting Simulator 2: Elite Edition Xbox Series X|S £26.79
Just Dance 2022 Deluxe Edition £31.89
Life Is Strange: True Colors £24.99
Life Is Strange: True Colors — Deluxe Edition £27.49
Life Is Strange: True Colors — Ultimate Edition £48.74
Madden NFL 22 Xbox Series X|S £17.49
Masked Ninja Action £0.79
Metro Exodus Gold Edition £8.74
Monster Energy Supercross — The Official Videogame 5 £41.99
Monster Energy Supercross 5 — Special Edition £52.49
Monster Truck Championship — Rebel Hunter Edition Xbox Series X|S £16.69
Monster Truck Championship Xbox Series X|S £13.39
Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate £19.99
My Friend Peppa Pig £24.49
Pj Masks: Heroes Of The Night £24.49
Port Royale 4 £22.99
Psychonauts 2 £32.99
Riders Republic Gold Edition £42.49
Rims Racing Xbox Series X|S £20.87
Rims Racing: Ultimate Edition Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S £40.19
Roguebook — Deluxe Edition Xbox Series X|S & Xbox One £21.93
Roguebook Xbox Series X|S £18.74
Saints Row The Third Remastered £8.24
Shadow Warrior 3 £25.04
Sherlock Holmes Chapter One £25.99
Space Hulk: Tactics £11.99
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Deluxe Edition £16.49
Star Wars: Squadrons £8.74
Tennis World Tour 2 — Complete Edition Xbox Series X|S £12.49
The Pillar: Puzzle Escape £8.39
The Sinking City Xbox Series X|S £17.99
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands £47.99
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands: Chaotic Great Edition £63.99
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands: Next-Level Edition £51.99
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Extraction £22.49
Tour De France 2021 Xbox Series X|S £14.99
Tropico 6 — Next Gen Edition £29.99
Warhammer Age Of Sigmar: Storm Ground £15.74
Warhammer: Chaosbane Slayer Edition Xbox Series X|S £19.99
Watch Dogs: Legion — Gold Edition £42.49
Werewolf: The Apocalypse — Earthblood Champion Of Gaia Xbox Series X|S £21.99
Werewolf: The Apocalypse — Earthblood Xbox Series X|S £17.99
WRC 10 Deluxe Edition Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S £33.49
WRC 10 Fia World Rally Championship Xbox Series X|S £24.99

:)

Anyone got a human number for Microsoft?

Three controllers since release of the X, all gone down with the same RB button failing. I want to rant at them and return one (one is already returned to Game so lol if I see that again). Am I playing Xbox wrong or is it a fundamental design flaw?

1 hour ago, mikeyl said:

Anyone got a human number for Microsoft?

Three controllers since release of the X, all gone down with the same RB button failing. I want to rant at them and return one (one is already returned to Game so lol if I see that again). Am I playing Xbox wrong or is it a fundamental design flaw?

I feel your pain having returned my 7 week old Series X controller a couple of days ago after several days of trying to work out how to initiate the return (I had purchased direct from MS).  As with you my RB failed.  Also one of the reasons I bought the Series X in the first place was that the RB had broken on my out of warranty One X controller.

MS Xbox support are completely automated as far as I could tell, the phone number that was listed for technical support on their store just put me through to a robot lady and it wouldn't do anything more than text me a link to their virtual assistant.  I'd already given up on said virtual assistant after it repeatedly sent me a link for the warranty replacement form that just led to a 404 page not found and offered me a phone call back service where it always just ended up with an "oops something has gone wrong on our end message".  Utter garbage.

Eventually after a lot of swearing and googling I found out that you can get a warranty replacement via the devices section on your MS account.  I then registered my controller on it (console had auto-registered so not sure why the packaged controller didn't as well) which allowed me to finally request a replacement.  Just to really fuck me off a bit more the turnaround is 12-14 days but I could have paid almost £20 to expedite it down to 5.  Utter shithawks!

So I'm reasonably pleased with the series S on an old 1080p monitor...but not that pleased.

Does it do a good job in games at 1440p/QHD?

I've noticed No Man's Sky has a few hiccups in it (may just be the software though it's the same on PS4 Pro).

How might Elden Ring fare? Anyone with any experience?

What setting do you need to enable (or disable) the need to have a password every time you buy something through the dash? I’ve seen you can sort up a pass key but at the moment my security setting is no barriers. Yet it asks for password every time. 

3 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

I feel your pain having returned my 7 week old Series X controller a couple of days ago after several days of trying to work out how to initiate the return (I had purchased direct from MS).  As with you my RB failed.  Also one of the reasons I bought the Series X in the first place was that the RB had broken on my out of warranty One X controller.

MS Xbox support are completely automated as far as I could tell, the phone number that was listed for technical support on their store just put me through to a robot lady and it wouldn't do anything more than text me a link to their virtual assistant.  I'd already given up on said virtual assistant after it repeatedly sent me a link for the warranty replacement form that just led to a 404 page not found and offered me a phone call back service where it always just ended up with an "oops something has gone wrong on our end message".  Utter garbage.

Eventually after a lot of swearing and googling I found out that you can get a warranty replacement via the devices section on your MS account.  I then registered my controller on it (console had auto-registered so not sure why the packaged controller didn't as well) which allowed me to finally request a replacement.  Just to really fuck me off a bit more the turnaround is 12-14 days but I could have paid almost £20 to expedite it down to 5.  Utter shithawks!

yeah getting in touch with support is a nightmare. Two controllers waiting to be replaced so no Xbox for a month as I won’t be F’d to buy another one.

17 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

yeah getting in touch with support is a nightmare. Two controllers waiting to be replaced so no Xbox for a month as I won’t be F’d to buy another one.

Luckily I got a cheap elite controller 2 from amazon marketplace a few weeks ago so I am covered this time.  Also now worried the RB is going to break on that too though 😧

Elden Ring killed the RB on two controllers.

Couldn’t hold out and looking for a replacement, except they’ve sold out practically everywhere. Might get an elite series but are they not meant to be even more shoddy in terms of build quality?

3 hours ago, deerokus said:

it's not likely to look better at 1440p, it's basically a 1080p machine.

3 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

It was marketed as a 1440p machine wasn’t it?

Yeah this is what I read. Surely then it spits out most of its games in 1440p?

I must be playing ther wrong games.   Only controller where I've had a shoulder button go is my son's and he used to be a big fortnite player so I put it down to having to push all the buttons at once to build quickly thing he seems to do.  I don't like fortnite.

28 minutes ago, Hamus said:

Yeah this is what I read. Surely then it spits out most of its games in 1440p?

Nah.  Some games are 1440p, Some are lower, some higher (Ori is 4k on series S, I think)but I don't think most games hit 1440p

In the next 12 months, Microsoft plans to release an Xbox cloud-gaming streaming device. This will likely look like an Amazon First Stick or perhaps a small, Roku-like puck. And like a Roku, the Xbox streaming device will enable you to access movie and TV services in addition to a library of games through Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

If you already have a Samsung smart TV, though, you can maybe skip a separate device entirely. Microsoft is working closely with its partners at Samsung to develop an Xbox game-streaming app for that company’s televisions. That, too, should debut within the next 12 months.

https://venturebeat.com/2022/05/06/xbox-streaming-stick-when/

I suppose it was inevitable that they'd ttry releasing some sort of hardware like this. I'll be curious to see if it'll use the same frontend as the Series consoles or if they'll come up with a UI that emphasizes the video apps more. One thing I really like about the PS5 is the way it boots into the media apps section if you turn it on using the remote instead of a dual sense so it'd be nice if this puck leads to MS adding the same sort of functionality to the Xbox. 

Ideally it'd also work for in home streaming so you could have the Series X connected to one TV but play it in another room without any hassle. Maybe update the controller to ripoff pay homage to the way Stadia lets you use one controller on multiple screens. 

17 hours ago, mikeyl said:

When I sent mine off last year they had it back a week after it was posted. That was a dodgy stick rather than a button.

I’m very tempted to trade in my old PS4 for a Series S in that Game deal. My PS4 is currently hooked up to my work (4K) monitor as a Fortnite/last gen machine. I have a PS5 and a Series X with Game Pass ultimate, so is it a bit of a no-brainer?  

Edit: I can see myself buying a white controller at some point anyway and the PS4 is starting to sound like a helicopter. I should do it, shouldn’t I?

1 hour ago, lankysanchez said:

I’m very tempted to trade in my old PS4 for a Series S in that Game deal. My PS4 is currently hooked up to my work (4K) monitor as a Fortnite/last gen machine. I have a PS5 and a Series X with Game Pass ultimate, so is it a bit of a no-brainer?  

Edit: I can see myself buying a white controller at some point anyway and the PS4 is starting to sound like a helicopter. I should do it, shouldn’t I?

As long as you've connected your accounts right all your Fortnite shit should be available on the Xbox version.

12 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

As long as you've connected your accounts right all your Fortnite shit should be available on the Xbox version.

That should all be good, they’re set up right on the X anyway. I guess I’m more trying to think if I’m losing anything by chopping in the PS4 and I can’t think of much. I guess it’s nice to have a machine to try and attack my PS+ pile of shame on, but that’s about it really. 

Is GamePass shitting the bed for anybody else?

Yesterday and today, I'm continually getting " the person who bought this needs to sign in" or "you must be online to play this title" errors.

I'm the only profile on the box.

Does anyone know if The Binding of Isaac (the newest optimised for X|S version) usually goes on sale? I wanted to get it on friday but at £50 I thought it was a bit steep. I'd get it for half that price, especially as I've bought it for PS4 and Switch before. The only plus is that the newest version has an extra DLC I don't own on the other platforms. 

8 hours ago, Rayn said:

Does anyone know if The Binding of Isaac (the newest optimised for X|S version) usually goes on sale? I wanted to get it on friday but at £50 I thought it was a bit steep. I'd get it for half that price, especially as I've bought it for PS4 and Switch before. The only plus is that the newest version has an extra DLC I don't own on the other platforms. 

I have never ever seen it on sale on Xbox Live.

On 06/05/2022 at 18:31, StumpyJohn said:

@mikeyl fingers crossed a bit of good news; MS acknowledged receipt of my dodgy controller earlier today and this afternoon have dispatched a replacement.  A few mins ago I got a text from UPS saying I have a delivery coming tomorrow which I assume is the replacement controller!  All a lot quicker than the advertised 2 week turnaround so fingers crossed.