Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

Mine is a day one used all the time beast and still as silent it was the day I got it, I notice the fans on my PS5 every time its turned on - fan looks fairly dusty through the vent holes on the xbox.

41 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

All consoles start off silent, even the PS4. “They fixed it!” we say at the start of each gen. But the real test is always after it’s been in our grotty little goblin caves for a few years.

The PS4 was never quiet, neither was the PS3/Dreamcast/Gamecube/Saturn etc - I mean the last quiet one was the N64….

15 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

The PS4 was never quiet, neither was the PS3/Dreamcast/Gamecube/Saturn etc - I mean the last quiet one was the N64….

Yeah but you realise that sound of your heart pounding with rage when you use a Sony machine is just a ‘you’ problem right?

16 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Yeah but you realise that sound of your heart pounding with rage when you use a Sony machine is just a ‘you’ problem right?

I dislike Sony the company and shit show that they are, the PS1 and PS2 were amazing and loved them - PS3 was a pile of crap with worst controller of all time but had some decent games, PS4 was a noisy pile of crap but loved gaming on it but Sony were peak awful Sony and the PS5 is a hideous thing thats noisy through poor cheap design but I love a couple of games on it - sill in the afterglow of peak awful Sony….

All noisy machines point still stands - not sure what your pint was 😛 

23 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Under engineer, surely? Ginormous case full of empty space and cooler the size of a GameCube. 

Is it? I've not seen inside the OG XB1 but assumed it was so big to not overheat. Or is that what you mean? I was supposing the Series are exactly engineered to allow them to be small and not overheat.

I probably need more tea.

2 hours ago, TehStu said:

Is it? I've not seen inside the OG XB1 but assumed it was so big to not overheat. Or is that what you mean? I was supposing the Series are exactly engineered to allow them to be small and not overheat.

I probably need more tea.

After the disaster in design that was the 360 they made the Xbox One as big and as boxy as possible so as to avoid similar overheating issues. Funnily enough it worked, just looked terribly boring.

Anyone having weird issues on xbox atm?

I was watching @jcafarley stream sonic until I die and got inspired to buy some old sonic games on teh xbox and a sonic and knuckles was on there went for that - ive been charged (twice) but can’t play it as says i need an xbox live account and now ive had a load of emails confirming the sale and then a refund!?!?!

11 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Anyone having weird issues on xbox atm?

I was watching @jcafarley stream sonic until I die and got inspired to buy some old sonic games on teh xbox and a sonic and knuckles was on there went for that - ive been charged (twice) but can’t play it as says i need an xbox live account and now ive had a load of emails confirming the sale and then a refund!?!?!

Aren’t Sega in the process of removing the Sonic games from digital stores because of the collection that’s coming out? Maybe it’s that?

4 hours ago, jcafarley said:

Aren’t Sega in the process of removing the Sonic games from digital stores because of the collection that’s coming out? Maybe it’s that?

Maybe, it’s odd as you would think they would delist them - they are all there priced up so frustrating!

4 hours ago, Super Craig said:

I bought them through the 360 in the past week or so and it worked fine.

I just tried again and oddly I have been able to buy Sonic 2 and Sonic CD but get errors on Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

I just tried again and oddly I have been able to buy Sonic 2 and Sonic CD but get errors on Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles

Have you tried to buy them through the web site? This is what I did when I bought them last year. 

7 hours ago, Popo said:

Have you tried to buy them through the web site? This is what I did when I bought them last year. 

Yeah, tried the website first and then on the machine itself but same result :( 

1 hour ago, Popo said:

Damn! Last try - did you use the Xbox 360 Marketplace site? This was the only way I could get it to work, IIRC. 

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-gb/Product/Sonic-The-Hedgehog-3/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584109a3

Nearly…. It just sits on the confirm payment menu with an ever spinning wheel :(

Ive done some research and apparently i need to run a tampermonkey script but doesn’t look like i can do it on iOS (im iPad and iPhone outside an ancient MBP)

On 10/07/2021 at 20:11, Popo said:

Nope!  I am wrong!  The endless loading page happened on the UK page, but the US page worked just fine!

Sonic 3

Sonic & Knuckles

@Nick R you sir are a legend!

10 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Nearly…. It just sits on the confirm payment menu with an ever spinning wheel :(

Ive done some research and apparently i need to run a tampermonkey script but doesn’t look like i can do it on iOS (im iPad and iPhone outside an ancient MBP)

I knew something about this sounded familiar. My own post from last year reveals all - you just have to use the US store page. 

Give it a try?

41 minutes ago, Popo said:

I knew something about this sounded familiar. My own post from last year reveals all - you just have to use the US store page. 

Give it a try?

No dice :( thanks for all the help so far!!

I do now have a thing in safari to run a user script, i have the script as a .txt file but can’t seem to save it as a .js for the app to run - it always saves as .js.txt and the user script app can’t see the script :(

getting closer….

4 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

No dice :( thanks for all the help so far!!

I do now have a thing in safari to run a user script, i have the script as a .txt file but can’t seem to save it as a .js for the app to run - it always saves as .js.txt and the user script app can’t see the script :(

getting closer….

Sounds like you need to turn on the option to show file extensions in the Explorer preferences, then you can just remove the .txt.

Sorry the US store didn’t work, but it’ll be worth it in the end. :)

30 minutes ago, Popo said:

Sounds like you need to turn on the option to show file extensions in the Explorer preferences, then you can just remove the .txt.

Sorry the US store didn’t work, but it’ll be worth it in the end. :)

Only gone and bloody done it, for anyone wanting to know how to….

Load up Edge on the xbox and search for ‘marketplace sonic 2’ etc and buy on the browser!!!!

spacer.png

Is there a way in the store to look at an A to Z of all games, then list cheapest first? You'd think this stuff is basic but the only a-z I can get is Gamepass.  I want a quick way to find any games that are 99p. 

I find the store useless for browsing for deals. I still haven't found out a simple way to view all games on sale for example, ordered by price/discount or filtered by platform. Pretty sure it's not possible. 

2 hours ago, Sane said:

I find the store useless for browsing for deals. I still haven't found out a simple way to view all games on sale for example, ordered by price/discount or filtered by platform. Pretty sure it's not possible. 

Dekudeals does Xbox