Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity - Nov 20th 2020. Demo on the eShop now!

Bojangle

Side note: this absolutely tanks my battery if I leave the game running in sleep mode. Twice now, I've gone to continue my game (Launch day Switch) and the battery has been at 0%. I closed the game down and have had my machine in Sleep mode and it has lost 0% battery. Is anyone else finding the same?

25 minutes ago, Ray Tracing said:

My shopto order still seems to be stuck in the royal mail depot :(

I seem to be having the exact same problem. Ordered on Wednesday, and I have a tracking number, but RM only tell me to "try again tomorrow". I've not ordered anything from ShopTo for yonks but I recall them being on the ball with releases, usually. :/

Weirdly, my copy from Simply Games was posted on Friday and still hasn’t turned up yet either- never known their deliveries not turn up the next day. Cant even do anything with the RM tracking number, as it just says you can’t track it until they’ve tried to deliver it.

Haven’t gotten very far into it as I’m replaying missions to learn the characters, level up & collect items.

There is one thing that bothers me though.  I keep getting these messages saying things like “(enemy) is advancing on/has appeared in (location)” & the win condition stating that I can’t let a location “fall” but how does that work? must I manually take control of a character to clear a location out or is enough just to send them there via the map screen?  Enemies spawn all over the map all the time so I never know just how effective a character I’m not controlling actually is when they’re not on screen. 

https://www.famitsu.com/news/202011/24210021.html

Koei Tecmo Games announced that the cumulative number of shipments of the Nintendo Switch software " Zelda Musou Apocalypse " released on November 20, 2020 has exceeded 3 million units worldwide. Achieving shipment of 3 million units per title is the first record in the " Musou " series.

I love this so much. Biggest surprise of the year for me.

However there are a few niggles. The other characters, the AI just seems useless. Like I will set them to come join me (especially since i can fight by switching between characters like in FF7) but they just end up fighting enemies on the way. And if i switch back to them, i have ages before i can meet up with other character.

Unless i am doing something wrong? I would prefer if they continuously followed me.

I also am a little unsure on things like health. Like, is the health pre set per mission? Can I collect health during the levels or on the world map?

There are a few other weird-isms i am having but nothing too bad,

2 hours ago, the_debaser said:

It’s just the BOTW graphics. They’re beautiful. That is what has enticed people. The first game was U-G-L-Y. 

Not just the graphics but the story too, it’s actually a prequel and part of a trilogy now - and of course post Breath of The Wild Zelda generally has way more currency than it did before. 

3 hours ago, rgraves said:

It looks like this is BBC Scotland's attempt to make YouTube style reviews, if you look at his other reviews (in which he has a backdrop of shelves of Nintendo games and one of those stupidly large microphones, at least that's two items off the YouTuber checklist), it's all exactly the same. "This Nintendo game isn't as good as the ones before". 

Maybe they're trying a bit too hard at the "miserable YouTuber complaining no Nintendo games are as good as when the ones released when I was 10"

47 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Seemed ok to me - good gameplay with some performance issues, didn’t like the story. 

It's a side-story Musou from KT - and yet he starts with:

you can only imagine how excited I was when I heard of the release of its prequel . Unfortunately, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity does not live up to the legacy.

and finishes with the:

I just really hope that Breath of the Wild 2 doesn’t take any cues from this game.

I mean yeah, I bet Aonuma is all over Koei to help him put together BotW2.

It's just tonally all over the place, and reads like he wanted to find a way to not like it despite actually enjoying it. I mean:

What makes this disappointment rather sad is that the game itself is actually quite fun. Compared to the original Hyrule Warriors, this game has much more in-depth mechanics, many taken from Breath of the Wild.

What disappointment? That it's NOT BoTW2? That it's musou? That is, heaven forbid, doesn't tie itself up in all sorts of knots trying to be 100% to lore?

Maybe (read: almost certainly lol) I'm just being grumpy - but it's a negative piece which tries really hard to hide the positive stuff by basically holding it up to BoTW.

On 23/11/2020 at 12:47, shirubagan said:

Side note: this absolutely tanks my battery if I leave the game running in sleep mode. Twice now, I've gone to continue my game (Launch day Switch) and the battery has been at 0%. I closed the game down and have had my machine in Sleep mode and it has lost 0% battery. Is anyone else finding the same?

Haven’t had this at all (also on a launch day Switch). It’s become my commute game and I’ve left it in the middle of a scenario each day this week and left it in sleep for at least 8 hours and the batteries dropped by maybe 10% when I’ve returned to it.