Xbox (Series X | S) launch games

Eighthours

55 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

On November 10, the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S launch in the UK. We're starting to get details of the launch lineup and what will be released shortly thereafter, so I thought it would be good to have a thread to collate the info as it comes in, and discuss what we're excited about.

Confirmed so far:

Launch day (November 10)

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Destiny 2: Beyond Light [Game Pass]

Dirt 5

The Falconeer

Gears Tactics [Game Pass]

Tetris Effect: Connected [Game Pass]

Watch Dogs: Legion

Yakuza: Like A Dragon

November 13

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 

November 19

Cyberpunk 2077 (supposedly a slightly enhanced last gen version working through backwards compatibility, true next gen version out next year)

I'd probably add GoW5 and Forza Horizon 4 upgrades [Games Pass] - covering off your cover shooter and arcade driving needs, at least at launch. They become cross-gen.

FH4 at 4k/60 /HDR is very pretty. Even more so if you like Lego.

For me, FH4 (fast loading), D2 (60fps), Tetris Effect I think - admittedly all games I already have, or have played in earlier incantations. I see this as an iterative console with more frames per second.

Valhalla will be a PC game (because I have a free copy with a CPU), Watch Dogs I'm less sure about, Cyberpunk will probably also be PC.

6 minutes ago, footle said:

I'd probably add GoW5 and Forza Horizon 4 upgrades [Games Pass] - covering off your cover shooter and arcade driving needs, at least at launch. They become cross-gen.

FH4 at 4k/60 /HDR is very pretty. Even more so if you like Lego

Added with some info about the shinies we can expect. Cheers.

7 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Oi, DS launched with Wario Ware Touched, Mr Driller and Zoo Keeper. We'll have no bad mouthing that line up, thankyouverymuch.

And that communication thing built in that you sent your friends crude dick drawings on when you weren't playing (a decent port of) Mario 64

I've added The Medium as a launch title for now following the speculation... please let me know if you hear a different date. 

I've also indicated where a game is launching on Game Pass, so please let me know if I've missed this out for anything or if I label something incorrectly.

2 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

Was Halo the only genuinely exceptional launch title for a non-Nintendo console ever?

Was SSX out for the UK PS2 launch? At the time, that was pretty spectacular! I remember almost losing my shit at how massive the Elysium Alps track was.

1 minute ago, Majora said:

Exceptional is a high bar but Condemned and PGR3 were very good launch games for the 360, no? Condemned is still one of the creepiest games I've ever played to this day.

And the bump mapping in Perfect Dark Zero and all the enemies on the screen in Kameo. 360 had some great launch games for showing off the hardware at the time.

10 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Was SSX out for the UK PS2 launch? At the time, that was pretty spectacular! I remember almost losing my shit at how massive the Elysium Alps track was.

SSX is a good shout although Tricky was a massive improvement and felt like it came out like 6 months later. They really should have made it backwards compatible :(